Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Anyone test these out side by side with the RX and the RXS

I just played 18 with this ball and it was awesome. I received 3 2 ball sleeves to try, Granted, they were watering the greens, but these were holding and i could drawi it all day long with my driver. gotta go get a dozen.

I played 18 with the e12 Contact (in matte green) today. First impressions:

Feel: They're firmer than the Supersoft, but not too firm. They feel somewhere between the Supersoft and the old Bridgestone e6 (which, from what I can remember, felt harder than the e12 Contact does). Off driver, FW, hybrids and irons, the feel was nice - it felt "substantial", for lack of a better word, without feeling too mushy or like I was hitting a rock. It was in that "just right" zone for me. For reference, my swing speed with driver is around 88-90 mph. The cover doesn't feel as "sticky" as some other matte finish balls, and the matte green color is bright, tracks well in the air and has good visibility on the ground. It's just different enough from the "optic yellow" color of some other balls to make it easy to distinguish your ball even from a distance.

Putting: Off the putter (Odyssey SL Ten), the feel was good - again, felt a bit firmer than the Supersoft, but not hard or clicky at all. One of the first tests I do with any ball is to putt it - if it feels/sounds clicky off the putter, it's immediately out. Coming from the Supersoft, I didn't have any problems with distance control.

Distance: I definitely didn't lose any distance anywhere in the bag, I was hitting to my known yardages for my clubs. My game isn't exactly known for my ballstriking consistency, but when I hit it well, it went as far as I anticipated it would for that club. It actually seemed a little longer than the Supersoft off the driver, and I smoked a few 5 woods that surprised me with how far they went (one was 226 off the deck, where my average 5W distance is around 205). We were playing in 10-15 mph winds today, and it handled it pretty well - it didn't balloon against the wind, nor did it fly unpredictably longer with the wind.

Forgiveness: I played the e6 as my main ball for several years, and I've always said it was the straightest ball I've ever hit. The e12 Contact reminds me of it, in that it's a reliably straight ball. That doesn't mean I didn't put a few bad swings on it that no club or ball would forgive me for, but if I hit it reasonably well it went reasonably straight. Overall, my ball flight (especially with the driver) was consistently straighter today than it has been lately. One round is a small sample size, and I don't know if I can chalk it up to the ball or me just having a good swing today. More time will tell.

Greenside: First off, a couple disclaimers - I'm not a particularly high spin player, and our greens are hard as rocks right now - you don't even leave ball marks on par 3s/approach shots most of the time. With that said, the e12 Contact performed similarly to what I'm used to from the Supersoft. Two of the guys I was playing with were hitting ProV1s and Chrome Softs, and they weren't getting any better check on the greens than I was. I plan for roll-out on my greenside shots, so the e12 Contact didn't give me any surprises I wasn't ready for.

Overall: The e12 Contact is a solid feeling, straight flying ball which is on the softer side of the spectrum. There was nothing about it I didn't like, and overall I like it as well or a little better than the Supersoft. The burning question is, do I like it $10 a dozen more than the Supersoft ($30/dozen vs. $20/dozen for the SS)? I need more time and more rounds with it to answer that.

Last edited:
These definitely go straight as an arrow. My only problem with them is that they are considerably shorter than my gamer ... by a full club. It also goes very high for my swing/contact ... great peak height. This ball will definitely work for a lot of golfers.

Hello - They were that much shorter? Ouch! Was this compared to the Tour B Series?

Hello - They were that much shorter? Ouch! Was this compared to the Tour B Series?
yes & it was the shortest of all the balls in the testing group & shorter than the B-RX. The Tour BRX ball is a great ball, I like it a lot.

Yes I play the TBRX and the TBX. Found they help bring my spin down.
That and going back to the Fuji Atmos Patriot shaft in my SIM2.
Going to try the e12's and see how they play for me. Thank you and stay safe.

I think the backorder is ending, my kids e12's are finally shipping out!

I played 18 with the e12 Contact (in matte green) today. First impressions:

Feel: They're firmer than the Supersoft, but not too firm. They feel somewhere between the Supersoft and the old Bridgestone e6 (which, from what I can remember, felt harder than the e12 Contact does). Off driver, FW, hybrids and irons, the feel was nice - it felt "substantial", for lack of a better word, without feeling too mushy or like I was hitting a rock. It was in that "just right" zone for me. For reference, my swing speed with driver is around 88-90 mph. The cover doesn't feel as "sticky" as some other matte finish balls, and the matte green color is bright, tracks well in the air and has good visibility on the ground. It's just different enough from the "optic yellow" color of some other balls to make it easy to distinguish your ball even from a distance.

Putting: Off the putter (Odyssey SL Ten), the feel was good - again, felt a bit firmer than the Supersoft, but not hard or clicky at all. One of the first tests I do with any ball is to putt it - if it feels/sounds clicky off the putter, it's immediately out. Coming from the Supersoft, I didn't have any problems with distance control.

Distance: I definitely didn't lose any distance anywhere in the bag, I was hitting to my known yardages for my clubs. My game isn't exactly known for my ballstriking consistency, but when I hit it well, it went as far as I anticipated it would for that club. It actually seemed a little longer than the Supersoft off the driver, and I smoked a few 5 woods that surprised me with how far they went (one was 226 off the deck, where my average 5W distance is around 205). We were playing in 10-15 mph winds today, and it handled it pretty well - it didn't balloon against the wind, nor did it fly unpredictably longer with the wind.

Forgiveness: I played the e6 as my main ball for several years, and I've always said it was the straightest ball I've ever hit. The e12 Contact reminds me of it, in that it's a reliably straight ball. That doesn't mean I didn't put a few bad swings on it that no club or ball would forgive me for, but if I hit it reasonably well it went reasonably straight. Overall, my ball flight (especially with the driver) was consistently straighter today than it has been lately. One round is a small sample size, and I don't know if I can chalk it up to the ball or me just having a good swing today. More time will tell.

Greenside: First off, a couple disclaimers - I'm not a particularly high spin player, and our greens are hard as rocks right now - you don't even leave ball marks on par 3s/approach shots most of the time. With that said, the e12 Contact performed similarly to what I'm used to from the Supersoft. Two of the guys I was playing with were hitting ProV1s and Chrome Softs, and they weren't getting any better check on the greens than I was. I plan for roll-out on my greenside shots, so the e12 Contact didn't give me any surprises I wasn't ready for.

Overall: The e12 Contact is a solid feeling, straight flying ball which is on the softer side of the spectrum. There was nothing about it I didn't like, and overall I like it as well or a little better than the Supersoft. The burning question is, do I like it $10 a dozen more than the Supersoft ($30/dozen vs. $20/dozen for the SS)? I need more time and more rounds with it to answer that.

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

With 38% more club face contact, how does this affect spin off the driver? Will this amplify a draw or slice?

With 38% more club face contact, how does this affect spin off the driver? Will this amplify a draw or slice?
Not 100% sure on this. I have been hitting the e12 Contact in the sim for the last week. I don’t see any amplification off driver. For me it is very low spinning off driver. This in its self will lesson degree ball travels off line. I do think I draw it more on irons than other balls that are higher spinning. Might just be my imagination need to spend more time with it. Will be doing some more ball comparisons next week.

It has spin reduction and directional retention benefits.

I don't have a launch monitor so I can't give you numbers, but it seems to tame my directional misses unless I put such a bad swing on it that there's no saving it.

Not 100% sure on this. I have been hitting the e12 Contact in the sim for the last week. I don’t see any amplification off driver. For me it is very low spinning off driver. This in its self will lesson degree ball travels off line. I do think I draw it more on irons than other balls that are higher spinning. Might just be my imagination need to spend more time with it. Will be doing some more ball comparisons next week.
It has spin reduction and directional retention benefits.
I don't have a launch monitor so I can't give you numbers, but it seems to tame my directional misses unless I put such a bad swing on it that there's no saving it.
Hey, thanks for the info. With that, many mid to high cap golfers will be interested in this ball. I don't know if lower cap golfers would play it, but it is interesting the technology in equipment nowadays. (y)

I passed out a bunch of sleeves this morning in my group and also the group behind us on the 1st tee and here's some thoughts.

In my group, 4 handicap guy, course record holder, says that's an old man's ball. I tell him to at least try it so he agrees and proceeds to hit the flag on 1 with a 3H from 190 into a STIFF wind. He goes birdie, birdie, par, birdie. Makes another one later, I think he was 2 under before he quit after 16. :)

Another guy, older like 76, started slow, it was really cold and windy at 9AM but then he got warmed up and I saw him at least 15-20 yards further on his drives. I've played probably over 100 rounds with this guy so I know his game. He plays Titleist ProV1X and has no business playing those, he can't compress them but won't listen. These balls he could, and he launched them higher and they flew. I saw him smiling after he realized what was happening.

Myself, I struggled today. But I'll say this, the e12 sounds great off the tee and putter. We all commented how great it sounds and feels. I kept saying this thru out the round today. It was so cold and windy today but yet the e12 was the star.

After the round these guys took 5 dozen more balls off me so that should tell you how they felt about them.:D

Edit: Forgot to say I saw this ball hit a cart path and bounce 50 feet up in the air. I asked to see the ball after he holed out and there was barely a scuff on it. Completely playable still so I bet the durability is just as good as the Tour B's I've been playing.

Last edited:
Got 12 dozen in for the high school teams. I’ve got a few girls and some of my freshmen boys I’m putting into this one, they look SICK with our Tiger on them.

Will snag a couple pics today!

Really looking forward to getting some swings in on these. I'm hoping the next time I make it to the LGS they have this and the ERC Soft available in sleeves so I can test them out.

i didn't get a good feel for these yesterday since i was fighting my swing for most of the round...i'll add my meager input at some point.

I went out this past sunday and gamed some e6's I had left over. I hit them quite well with great feel. I think the e12 is probably a great ball for many, but I need all the greenside spin I can get and I don't suspect they will give me that. So I stick with premium urethane balls.

Played the contact today! Great ball flight and a good bit of spin on these! Great ball choice

I played my ninth round with the e12 Contact today. The more I play this ball, the more I like it. It feels good from tee to green, it’s predictable and forgiving, and it offers enough spin around the greens to suit my game. I've been able to play it on a couple windy days and it seems to do a good job in the wind also - doesn't seem to balloon as much as some other balls.

The matte cover does get dirty more easily than a gloss finish ball, but durability is excellent. I just ordered another two dozen, so they’ll be my gamer ball for a while. Of my original dozen, I’ve lost two and took one out of play as a keepsake after I used it for my first hole in one.

Last edited:
I have used this ball as I test out many different golf balls and have to say the ball works as advertised. Long and straight off the tee.

Under discussed....

I really like this alignment aid.

C7909D90-5DB0-4BE1-A530-5913AF76C891.jpeg

Me too. I always liked the e Series alignment, but it was rather large. This one is near perfect.
It really is, it’s not gaudy like the old eSeries alignment arrow things which is nice.

Back