Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

No, equal loft and setup the Speed flies a little higher for me. My speed is a 9 and my LS is a 10.5 though. I can't afford 9* height and spin on the LS with the shafts I want to play. LS spin only works if I get it up in the air more with a higher stock loft.

Well you can't go wrong........unless you pick the LS :D:):D;)

I tease.....love how dedicated you are to finding your #1

So my swing was back today and the Speed was better than ever. The wind was outrageous again so I wasn’t hitting a ton of fairways but it’s consistent. That’s all I can ask for is confidence and consistency off the tee and this gave it today. Also I said it about yesterday’s round but the forgiveness off the high toe, which seems to be my miss so far this year is better than I deserve. Loving it

So my swing was back today and the Speed was better than ever. The wind was outrageous again so I wasn’t hitting a ton of fairways but it’s consistent. That’s all I can ask for is confidence and consistency off the tee and this gave it today. Also I said it about yesterday’s round but the forgiveness off the high toe, which seems to be my miss so far this year is better than I deserve. Loving it

Have you tried the Speed in the draw setting? It basically changes the lie more than face angle.....moves strike from toe side to center for me......

Have you tried the Speed in the draw setting? It basically changes the lie more than face angle.....moves strike from toe side to center for me......
I was messing with it when I got it but haven’t done it on the course yet. May pull that out next week and see how she plays!

I was messing with it when I got it but haven’t done it on the course yet. May pull that out next week and see how she plays!
I am going to try that setting too as I'm playing mine at tour length which makes it a little flatter

Excited I get to take the EPIC LS/CSX-LS combo out this Friday afternoon at the Jack Nicklaus course I play a lot.

Oooooh!
Grandaddy Contest is now up!

#FRUSTRATED......just loss faith in technology.....took Speed and Tsi2 to superstore for monitor comparison......not expecting total on course type numbers but ......Foresight system.....I couldn't get carry over 200yds and total distance past 230......so I was seeing 25-30yds of roll but telling me that max distance being 230 is laughable considering what I've done the last few rounds on course.....sigh

Another solid round with the Speed today. Was swinging easier than normal as I tweaked my back a bit last week, but was still seeing relatively good distance, and accuracy is just absolutely point and shoot. Think I missed 1 fairway today and that was just a terrible swing on the 2nd hole of the day with no warm up. Every other drive was in the short stuff I believe.

Didn't hit the fairway because I took the headcover and wrapper off this morning and saw that it had a small dent on the crown, so I'll have to go exchange it. Glad I noticed it before I hit it as my brain could not handle that.

Ooooh Speedy Speedy Speedy... that was a big one.

I mean I missed a fairway, so it wasn't a perfect day, but after playing just the LS for a couple outings, the Speed was just lovely to have back in the bag. Big distances in a small package, sounds way better, ... I have a decided favorite. I think it's time to swap some adapters and put it up against the TSi3. Final showdown, let's go.

edit: did I say I was gonna wait untiil the end of the week for that? I think I did. Well if i'm worried about curing times with the weird weather I might have to play the LS for a round or two and that mostly fills that original intention...

Ooooh Speedy Speedy Speedy... that was a big one.

I mean I missed a fairway, so it wasn't a perfect day, but after playing just the LS for a couple outings, the Speed was just lovely to have back in the bag. Big distances in a small package, sounds way better, ... I have a decided favorite. I think it's time to swap some adapters and put it up against the TSi3. Final showdown, let's go.

edit: did I say I was gonna wait untiil the end of the week for that? I think I did. Well if i'm worried about curing times with the weird weather I might have to play the LS for a round or two and that mostly fills that original intention...

The Speed is so good. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth the upgrade from the Mavrik but ordered it with some blind faith in Callaway, and it definitely is.

Got a Speed 10.5 and 4wd about a month ago. First round with them were pretty damn great but it's been slowly down hill the next 2 or 3 rounds and I'm baffled. Going to try to get to the range before this weekend's round to see if I can still hit the driver and try a couple shafts if necessary.

Do you see a less hook tendency vs std mavrik?

Yes. Only bad hook I’ve hit so far in 2 rounds was a really high toe strike which I deserved. Most swings have been at most a very slight push draw but mostly just dead straight with almost no curve. Hopefully not just a honeymoon phase but I’m loving it so far.

Yes. Only bad hook I’ve hit so far in 2 rounds was a really high toe strike which I deserved. Most swings have been at most a very slight push draw but mostly just dead straight with almost no curve. Hopefully not just a honeymoon phase but I’m loving it so far.
My first round with mine the ball didn't curve and I think I saw that a little bit during the next round but I'm now apparently a completely different golfer :LOL:

My first round with mine the ball didn't curve and I think I saw that a little bit during the next round but I'm now apparently a completely different golfer :LOL:
I was there last weekend lol

I was there last weekend lol
Shooting an 88 when it feels like 108 is some sort of victory, right? 😂

The Speed driver will get a few more outings and if I can't replicate the success during the first outing, I may check out a Max or just go back to the Flash.

Fun session with 9* Epic Max LS and ventus black 7x. Put the weight in the fade setting for less hook. Boom boom. 13-15 launch, 2500-2700 spin. The ventus loads up nicely and comes through smoothly. I would not call the shaft boardy at all. And yet I wonder if this is more shaft than I want/need. 103 easy swing. 105 standard. 107/8 big swings. I would now like to hit the blue 7x and the black 7s. Whatever the answer, love this driver head. :love:

Will come back for sure.

Got a Speed 10.5 and 4wd about a month ago. First round with them were pretty damn great but it's been slowly down hill the next 2 or 3 rounds and I'm baffled. Going to try to get to the range before this weekend's round to see if I can still hit the driver and try a couple shafts if necessary.
I really think your timing is off or that stock shaft just isn't for you.
I mean I only hit it once with your shaft and it went straight down the middle. :golf2:

Fun session with 9* Epic Max LS and ventus black 7x. Put the weight in the fade setting for less hook. Boom boom. 13-15 launch, 2500-2700 spin. The ventus loads up nicely and comes through smoothly. I would not call the shaft boardy at all. And yet I wonder if this is more shaft than I want/need. 103 easy swing. 105 standard. 107/8 big swings. I would now like to hit the blue 7x and the black 7s. Whatever the answer, love this driver head. :love:
Ya if that is what you are swinging you'll be spotting me strokes for sure. :)

Shooting an 88 when it feels like 108 is some sort of victory, right? 😂
It’s like we had the same weekend! Though my next day, I figured it out so I have no doubt you will too. It’s too good of a driver to not perform

Back