Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

11/14 fairways hit yesterday with the Epic Speed paired with the Proforce V2. I’m really impressed with the distance I’m seeing and the overall weight of my set up. Something that is always talked about but kind of forgotten is the sound off the face. Well struck shots just feel/sound muted but with a slight “tinny” sound. The best sounding Callaway driver in a long time imo.
I feel the same way about the 5 wood. Love how it feels and sounds. Its a beast of a club for me

Still rocking the 10.5 ls max. Still messing with the settings.

I’m finally hitting a groove with this driver. It took some tinkering with the loft settings and a few shaft combinations, but I finally settled on the 10.5* set to -1 | D with the UST Black Proforce V2 6F4.

Initially I fought some dispersion issues with the V2, but it was all operator error and once I settled in with a consistent swing thought/tempo, I hit some great drives that launched where I like and are giving me the distance I need. A couple of times I tried to add some extra speed and I was rewarded. Usually that’s not the case because the harder I try to swing, the results are worse.

I usually live in the 220-230 carry range and depending on roll a 250+ drive Is really good for me. This was one drive over the weekend I was really proud of. Visually intimidating off the tee and as you can see not much room to miss. I decides to let loose and was rewarded.

IMG_6959.jpg

It’s been hot here the past two weeks and it’s making it impossible to play as much as I’d like. I got out to the range early and fought the humidity versus the heat later in the day.

The main thing I wanted to work on was my path and making sure I was square at set up. My last time out some lazy swings allowed my OTT to creep in and I pushed some drives to the right. Overall I was making great contact and with range balls I didn’t focus too much on distance. I just wanted to see the ball in that flight window I like and making sure the ball was starting and relatively staying on my intended line.

I will say the forgiveness is there with this line. I know there have been a few release since this line was introduced but the pop and ball speed retention is there. I have a 5w with my same shaft in it and it takes a pretty crappy swing to not get some great distance out of it. Even on mishits I’m seeing some distances that still have me scratching my head

Last edited:
10/15 fairways hit today. I did have to use my 3w on a couple of shorter holes, but I hit some really good drives today. The course I played today has a lot of kind tee shots and you just have to pick a line and trust it. I hit two to three where I felt really good with the contact and was rewarded with the results.

funny thing today where my miss is usually heel side, all my misses today where from toe strikes, but this driver rewarded me with minimal distance loss. Leading up to ShaftUp#3 I’m trying to get as consistent as I can to get a great fitting. I’m purposely not getting on a launch monitor or getting any “numbers” in my head so I can keep swinging free and let @DannyLe work his magic.

About a week ago, I put the Epic Max Ls back in play. Has a new driver shaft in it. It's a stout S flex at 65g. First off, i forgot how amazing the feel was with this head. Took me a little while to get re acquainted with the head shape.
I brought it back into play to cure poor driving with my TM Stealth 2. Turns out my ball position was extreme in that it was in front of my foot in an effort to improve an upward strike. Fixed ball position with the Epic, and it's been a beast.
Not only am I back to 280y drives, but they are about as straight as I ever remember hitting the ball.
It's point and shoot. Cut corners, hold a line just past some trees. It's been a revelation out of the tee box. 9.0 set to +1 N.
As my confidence grew, so has the distances.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I had one of my best days off the tee in a long time. I usually live in the 50-60 % fairways hit range, but today I missed 2 & one was still playable. I’ve found a groove with the Epic Speed and I’m getting some good distances off the tee. I made a slight adjustment to the tee height and it was almost like cheating today. @Jank even mentioned how well I was hitting my driver.

the best part even away from center I was getting good distances. I can wait for @DannyLe to tighten up my dispersion and hopefully find a few more yards.

Back