The Masters 2021 Contest and Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

“The only way to defend this course from these athletes is to make it run firm and fast. And that’s what they have done...”

I agree with that statement though.

Firm and fast is the way to play this game and neutralize distance. You don't need to continually add length. Just play the course fast. That puts a premium on accuracy at every point of the game.

Finau is just warming up before going par 67 on this course!

Rose drops a bomb. He's been close before and he's playing well right now.

Anyone remember seeing the greens "look" so bad? So used to seeing just pristine green.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anyone remember seeing the greens "look" so bad? So used to seeing just pristine green.

I don’t remember seeing the greens this off color on Thursday ever...

So did Bobby Jones curse Bryson from the grave for his par 67 comment?

Think it's safe to say they didn't like DJ setting the scoring record in the fall. Payback time.

this camera CBS is using from the side of the 18th green is just awesome looking.

Think it's safe to say they didn't like DJ setting the scoring record in the fall. Payback time.
I said that earlier, the Green Jackets weren’t happy with the -20, and porcelain greens is the price.

Jordan either has the SWEATIEST hands on the planet, or this is just embedded in his preshot routine.

I said that earlier, the Green Jackets weren’t happy with the -20, and porcelain greens is the price.
The price is too steep!

Jordan either has the SWEATIEST hands on the planet, or this is just embedded in his preshot routine.

Reminds me of Sergio years ago. Or Nomar at the plate before every single pitch.

I don't think they care as much about DJ's score as they do all the players talking about how getable this course is when it's soft. Because that was a talking point in the media center this week.

Reminds me of Sergio years ago. Or Nomar at the plate before every single pitch.

oh man I was at that US Open with Sergio back in 2002. Those fans let him hear it, constantly.

The Nomar comparison is so accurate, and not something I had ever thought about before.

Current low AM Ollie Osborne is from my town. Reno, NV.

Glad it's not just me then. As a kid the beautiful green color of Augusta's grass was one thing that drew me to the game. While I get trying to make them as fast a humanly possible, I'd rather them just make them concrete and paint them. IMO the greens like this are not a good look for Augusta. I'm specifically talking color here.

The Nomar comparison is so accurate, and not something I had ever thought about before.

I can't figure it out with Spieth, but it has to be some sort of trigger he uses. It takes forever, but its clearly necessary right now.

Wow these greens by Sunday are going to be cement

I hope so, I don’t love seeing what I’m seeing right now

Me either, especially from an aesthetics standpoint. We always think of Augusta as pristine, and while the greens I am sure are rolling incredibly pure, they don't look good.

I love Morikawa’s swing

Back