First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Got 9 in last night. Got myself in good position off the tee setting up a nice variety of second shots. I have the 5 and 6 in DCB. The 6 was just great and is so easy to hit. And the transition into the standard 7 from DCB 6 is just seamless The standard Apex 7 - AW are really coming together for me and put me in position for two very makeable birdie putts which I made. I had the combo set in the Apex 19's with the Pro 8 - AW. When I hit the pros good I hit them great and the feel of a well struck Pro was addicting and unlike any iron I have ever hit but I just didn't consistently strike them well enough and my misses were punished. The standard Apex 21's have been much better for me. The one Pro 19 that was great and consistent particularly around the green was the AW and I actually considered keeping it. I didn't and went with the standard 21 AW. Glad I did because it is just so good and I've never been better around the green with a wedge. Just great irons.

Had a Callaway iron fitting this evening. As much as I loved the Apex, I actually preferred the forgiveness of the DCB. My miss is usually toe side and the DCB really mitigated that miss. I could easily play the Apex, but checking my ego, DCB was the winner. Also going from DG shafts, was fitted into Elevate 95. A pretty big difference in weight, but felt great with excellent results.

Anyone know if/when the TCBs may hit the US website….

How are the blades performing?
They are lovely! Some of the best feeling clubs I’ve played. Kinda surprised me tbh.

There might be a set with about 60 rounds on them, and 11 birdie mojo from today, for sale in a month if you don't mind used and built to your exact specs... 👀

Oh, and yeah, 11 with the TCB's today. They're that freaking good. So good, I'm thinking about a re-shaft to try for unicorn level goodness. Love them more every time out. Precision control in a soft feel. They need to release them here.

I'm sorry did someone just say 11 birdies?

Good grief I'm just happy if I don't lose 11 balls these days. Amazing!
Yeah, it was something. Couple more fairways and who knows how it would have gone. Those clubs are FUN.

Yeah, it was something. Couple more fairways and who knows how it would have gone. Those clubs are FUN.
Well you made 11 birdies with a set of irons and then posted about wanting a shaft change. That's unicorn level club ho-ing right there! You sir, are insane in a great way.

Well you made 11 birdies with a set of irons and then posted about wanting a shaft change. That's unicorn level club ho-ing right there! You sir, are insane in a great way.
And there was talk of selling them :LOL: I wish I had that level of confidence to offload a set of clubs like that

not happening. Have to order with a rep as all orders need approval. Same with ♦️♦️♦️ Orders. At least that’s what I’ve been told when I bought my 3 ♦️♦️♦️

Oh, and yeah, 11 with the TCB's today. They're that freaking good. So good, I'm thinking about a re-shaft to try for unicorn level goodness. Love them more every time out. Precision control in a soft feel. They need to release them here.

Why sell them?

There might be a set with about 60 rounds on them, and 11 birdie mojo from today, for sale in a month if you don't mind used and built to your exact specs... 👀
So, please help me understand why on God’s green earth you would sell them.

Last edited:

11! Yah know, one of these days you need to stop playing the ladies tees. Maybe challenge yourself a bit and try the white tees?
😉

I'm not sure what's more impressive.....the 11 birdies in one round.....OR that you played 60 rounds of golf already on irons you've had for like two months!!!!!

And yes....it may be prudent for you to let me know when those need a new home. :LOL:

This not being able to play golf is for the birds! Ready to start my lessons and get these clubs back out on the course.

League partner asked to hit my apex mixed combo set last night. He liked them so much on the range he played them and shot his best round of the year. Tossed me a cash offer during the round asking, “why would you sell these?” :)

League partner asked to hit my apex mixed combo set last night. He liked them so much on the range he played them and shot his best round of the year. Tossed me a cash offer during the round asking, “why would you sell these?” :)

Ordered standard Apex 21 8 thru AW Recoil Dart Reg flex std length stock z grip +3 wraps and 5 iron DCB with same specs on Friday and they are being delivered today! Great turnaround!

Ordered standard Apex 21 8 thru AW Recoil Dart Reg flex std length stock z grip +3 wraps and 5 iron DCB with same specs on Friday and they are being delivered today! Great turnaround!

Wow that was quick. I was pleased at how quickly my clubs came... ordered May 11th and delivered on May 20th. Most of the other OEMs are struggling to get product to their customers in a timely manner.

All true, if you are ordering certain set-ups. Some head/shaft combos will take 6-8 weeks. Right now online, Callaway is not even offering you the option to order a shaft they do not have in stock. Still a huge supply chain issue across the whole industry.

Back