Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
This always seems to be a muddy process in the golf industry.
When we would get warranty issues at Dick’s, we would hope it was Callaway, because they normally replaced the product with very little push back...

When you bent down to pick up the tee did you lean on the club? I will admit I do it regularly but it could potentially damage a shaft. I will stop doing that after seeing that shaft.

Regarding the way it broke graphite doesn’t always break clean. I am not saying you broke the shaft over your leg and I don’t believe you did. The shaft could easily splinter like that if it was broken over your leg.

I do think that CC should take the shaft back and deal with Fujikura. It would create goodwill with you and make you likely to go back and buy more clubs. It might cost them the cost of a shaft but you would likely tell people about the great service by CC resulting in more sales. CC would then deal with Fujikura and if they didn’t stand behind the shafts CC should think about whether they want to continue to carry their products.

I agree it is a Fujikura warranty issue but I think CC should stand behind it and deal with Fujikura.

I worked retail in a ski shop for a long time and unless we could see damage like rock damage on a ski edge we would stand behind something and deal with the manufacturer.

Regarding Dick’s they negotiate warranty terms with manufacturers for returns when they purchase so they generally take products back without having to talk to the manufacturer. Dick’s has a lot of buying power and they leverage that when negotiate with suppliers.

TM has replaced a head within 2 years of purchase for me as well, no questions asked minus the receipt. They replaced my 2017 M2 with a SIM Max. Additionally, Ping has a good reputation of doing this as well alongside Cobra. I think most of the big head manufacturers are honorable when it comes to this stuff. Shafts are more iffy across the board it seems.
Which is crazy with the margins on shafts.
As much as it feels 'crazy' I'm also not all that surprised by it, based on what I've seen golfers do with clubs (read: tomahawking).

I'll never forget a member posting on here years ago about a Nike driver he said had hit a ball on the toe and dented it.. except the dent was AROUND the head. It is SO much more obvious for club companies to see through questionable claims.

and again, I am DEFINITELY not putting Mike here on blast for slamming a club (he doesn't come across as the guy to slam a 1k build to me let alone a 20 dollar club), I'm more referencing their typical warranty claims.

Look, I know everyone wants me to go nuts on social, but I’m not going to do it. Hot tagging me isn’t going to work @JDax @Canadan lol.

I really tried to handle under the radar. I’m not one to try and cash in favors or anything like that. I’m not entitled to be treated differently. At the end of the day, I just want what is right to happen. That’s all I’m asking for. If it’s CC or Fuji, I don’t care at the point.

I was disappointed that CC didn’t do more for me is all. I didn’t expect a robotic answer and I expected them to go to bat harder for me as it’s clear the shaft wasn’t snapped in half.

Look, I know everyone wants me to go nuts on social, but I’m not going to do it. Hot tagging me isn’t going to work @JDax @Canadan lol.

I really tried to handle under the radar. I’m not one to try and cash in favors or anything like that. I’m not entitled to be treated differently. At the end of the day, I just want what is right to happen. That’s all I’m asking for. If it’s CC or Fuji, I don’t care at the point.

I was disappointed that CC didn’t do more for me is all. I didn’t expect a robotic answer and I expected them to go to bat harder for me as it’s clear the shaft wasn’t snapped in half.
It's fine, @JDax hides under the "more replies" filter anyways :ROFLMAO:

When you bent down to pick up the tee did you lean on the club? I will admit I do it regularly but it could potentially damage a shaft. I will stop doing that after seeing that shaft.

Regarding the way it broke graphite doesn’t always break clean. I am not saying you broke the shaft over your leg and I don’t believe you did. The shaft could easily splinter like that if it was broken over your leg.

I do think that CC should take the shaft back and deal with Fujikura. It would create goodwill with you and make you likely to go back and buy more clubs. It might cost them the cost of a shaft but you would likely tell people about the great service by CC resulting in more sales. CC would then deal with Fujikura and if they didn’t stand behind the shafts CC should think about whether they want to continue to carry their products.

I agree it is a Fujikura warranty issue but I think CC should stand behind it and deal with Fujikura.

I worked retail in a ski shop for a long time and unless we could see damage like rock damage on a ski edge we would stand behind something and deal with the manufacturer.

Regarding Dick’s they negotiate warranty terms with manufacturers for returns when they purchase so they generally take products back without having to talk to the manufacturer. Dick’s has a lot of buying power and they leverage that when negotiate with suppliers.
Even warranty claims at Dick’s need an RGA from the OEM, if it is outside of Dick’s standard 30 Day warranty...

For reference, I have tomahawked a 2 iron before. I tossed a wedge. I’ve never done anything to a driver, let alone this one that could damage it.

We were ready to get #ShaftGate trending world wide if need...

For reference, I have tomahawked a 2 iron before. I tossed a wedge. I’ve never done anything to a driver, let alone this one that could damage it.
That tomahawked 2 iron was one of most impressive tomahawks I’ve ever witnessed...

For those wondering about contacting Fuji.

470291F1-FD2C-4825-8339-7368B940BD38.jpeg

I am seriously upset reading this whole post from @e1iterate. It's a shame what has occurred and I have added @Club Champion and @FujikuraGolf to the do no buy list until they can show they will make things right here and in other issues that arise in the future. Us golfers spend their hard earned disposable money on what most people would consider high priced items. To have an item fail in less then 2 months and be out a $350 shaft is a shame.

For those wondering about contacting Fuji.

View attachment 9009676
And who is a Charter Dealer? ClubChampion who disclaimed everything under the sun on their warranty page. It probably refused to acknowledge the sun now that I think about it.

Really sorry to hear that. Agree with you. It doesn’t matter where they got the shaft, they should back the product that they sold to you. If you were to say club champion just gave you the specs and ordered it straight from the manufacturer and didn’t profit except to be like Golf Galaxy then maybe you are at the mercy of the shaft company. However, they not only built the club, but pured it too.

Correct IMO. It’s **** service not to back something you sold (at full retail). I’ve had a few shaft and club head failures. If I was at fault I never filed anything, 👊 @e1iterate for knowing this too.

When I run into this type of situation, I know that any vendor of mine is paid contingent upon me approving the invoice. That’s a shaft the manufacturer would be paying for one way or another unless CC f’ed it up. Then they should still pay.

CC’s warranty info:

Club Champion does not make any warranties or guarantees regarding clubheads, shafts, grips, or other parts, including those items used to make your Club Champion-built clubs. All such items are provided by Club Champion “as is.”

This is the type of crap that prices people out of golf. People save up a lot of money to purchase a nice piece of equipment, or to get fitted as everyone recommends it and attests to helping your game.

this can take months of saving to budget that kinda dough on clubs. Then to no fault of your own, it breaks unexpectedly and that investment is essentially not covered and you have to pay another $300-$500 on a new shaft.

I personally would be grilling them on why Fuji denied the warranty claim and then what constitutes a claim to be successful if this isn’t covered. Sounds like a company that treats $1000 like it’s $100 and doesn’t care what the value of that money is to you. This is one experience out of many good and bad, but tough to justify spending a premium price for that kind of customer service.

You should dispute this via your credit card company. You did not receive the services you paid for, and you made an earnest attempt to have the dealer rectify the problem.

imho cc has custody of ownership once they perform any labor. damage can happen during pretty much any aspect of the club building process. a halfway decent job in club building would never result in this kind of weakening of the structural integrity, but we also don’t know if cc made a mistake during the build.

i’ve done one fitting with cc many years ago and it was a major disappointment. would never go back. there have been a few other threads where i was surprised at cc’s process and support.

maybe ask cc to reach back out to fuji one more time and copy you as the customer so that you can see what is actually being discussed.

As someone whose recently told me about speaking about Club Champion's policies. They have enough financial backing they can afford to lose a customer or 2. Your smaller fitters don't have that luxury.

This situation just sucks! Hope one of these actors come through and makes it right!

This is the type of crap that prices people out of golf. People save up a lot of money to purchase a nice piece of equipment, or to get fitted as everyone recommends it and attests to helping your game.

this can take months of saving to budget that kinda dough on clubs. Then to no fault of your own, it breaks unexpectedly and that investment is essentially not covered and you have to pay another $300-$500 on a new shaft.

I personally would be grilling them on why Fuji denied the warranty claim and then what constitutes a claim to be successful if this isn’t covered. Sounds like a company that treats $1000 like it’s $100 and doesn’t care what the value of that money is to you. This is one experience out of many good and bad, but tough to justify spending a premium price for that kind of customer service.
I don't think fitting and buying through Club Champion has ever been lauded as a cheap option for golfers. The price is plain to see, and often times a reflection of the absolute fit for a player.

That in mind, there are plenty of layers to get through before you get to that level of pricing. Free demo days, hitting bays buying stock, etc. I'm not sure this is the kind of thing pricing people out of golf.

I wonder if CC, even as a retailer, has an implied duty here (merchantability) regardless of any express warranties by the manufacturer. Not saying something like this would ever go this far, but he probably has a good faith basis to assert claims against both the retailer and manufacturer, and then let them cross claim re indemnification.

I'm replying here as an insurance broker and not a lawyer, but I would say absolutely they do. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in the US, but over here in the UK we have the Consumer Rights Act which would step up in this sort of situation. It basically states that if you purchase goods that aren't of satisfactory quality - ie break long before any reasonable person would expect them to, then your statutory consumer rights are against the retailer and not just the manufacturer. Of course, if there is a direct and explicit warranty/guarantee in place then you would approach the manufacturer, or if the failure of the items caused bodily injury or property damage but in this instance the responsibility would fall on the retailer. You have the right to reject your item and get a refund within 30 days of possessing the goods.
If you're outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any faulty goods or faulty digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time you received it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise. During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the time of delivery - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

Although this of course is in the UK - the US is a very different legislative place, which probably means that all of the above is completely irrelevant :LOL:

That sucks man. I would have hoped Club Champion would have at least contacted the shaft company for you and arranged for a new shaft to be sent to you or to them to replace. That's what I would figure would happen. Hopefully you get a new shaft replacement!

You should dispute this via your credit card company. You did not receive the services you paid for, and you made an earnest attempt to have the dealer rectify the problem.
And let @Club Champion know that you are going to do so.

Not in dealing with them, but in other customer service experiences, nothing has prompted a quicker response than doing this.

I will say, although I was pleased with my Club Champion experience, hearing about their lack of effort in helping fix the situation, when it seems like a pretty open and shut warranty case is disconcerting. Especially since I have that exact same shaft in my new driver, which I spent a pretty penny on. For a company who is making an extremely high margin, compared to the OEMs who will build the same club, alienating repeat business in this way is stupid. Just plain stupid.

I don't think fitting and buying through Club Champion has ever been lauded as a cheap option for golfers. The price is plain to see, and often times a reflection of the absolute fit for a player.

That in mind, there are plenty of layers to get through before you get to that level of pricing. Free demo days, hitting bays buying stock, etc. I'm not sure this is the kind of thing pricing people out of golf.
You forgot to mention my favorite one...getting fit at a THP experience. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back