First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Quick question for those that may know: If I have a Callaway gift card, can it be used on their official site and on their pre-owned site?

Thank you!
Yes to both!

Man the Pros continue to amaze me. Had them tweaked a little and it paid off. Hit some absolute beauties today with them. I was 1 over on the par 3s today, which is not my norm, so I’d say the tweaks to the clubs and the swing adjustment has helped big time. I couldn’t tell you the last time I was +1 total on par 3s. Lol

97CF5B67-0CFE-4F1B-AC5A-CE365508BB84.jpeg

2 six irons here, first was struck thin came in low and rolled on up. Wasn’t happy with the first so hit another ball. Second was well struck. Exact same results from both.

I played my TCB's today and it went well. Love them, obviously. Then a friend played them for 9. He actually found them pretty challenging. Good player. He's about a 3 right now. Good iron player too. Plays MP-20 MMC's he's had for a while through 5i normally. Anyway, he felt, and it seemed like, he was struggling with flight and spin consistency with them. First person I've let truly play them, so it was interesting to see. He doesn't play IO's but has played other sets of mine that had them. His comments were mostly that they looked small, but good. Offset definitely wasn't scary. Felt really soft.. He was definitely spinning some up in a light breeze though, and it was hurting distance consistency. He liked a lot about them but said they felt forgiving, but seemed a little touchy. :confused2: Just kind of wanted to share that since there aren't many of us playing them, but likely to be more interested in the future.

Had a look at the Apex DCB irons yesterday, obvious thoughts thicker top line, more offset and wider sole. Has anyone compared these to standard Apex 21 in terms of forgiveness distance feel etc. Interested to hear your thoughts or anyone playing these irons 😀

Haven't tried them but my wife demoed them at PGA Tour SS before settling on regular apex. She likes the narrower sole and top line of the Pros but didn't get the distance off the short irons. The DCBs were too chunky and she thinned a bunch of them. She's a sweeper/picker. Needed a thinner sole. Lots of forgiveness and distance I hear while providing the forged feel.

Haven't tried them but my wife demoed them at PGA Tour SS before settling on regular apex. She likes the narrower sole and top line of the Pros but didn't get the distance off the short irons. The DCBs were too chunky and she thinned a bunch of them. She's a sweeper/picker. Needed a thinner sole. Lots of forgiveness and distance I hear while providing the forged feel.
👍

Pro/MB combo tomorrow? TCB/MB? Pro/TCB/MB? Standard/Pro/TCB/MB?!

I'm having Apex overload..

Played the triple combo (Pro 4i, 5-9 TCB, P-A MB), and pretty much utilized them all. It was good. There's something to that setup. Stuck the Pro 4i from 228 in some fairly thick stuff for a 24' eagle chance, TCB's handled the par 3 and mid approaches beautifully, and it's really nice to be able to play the little lower flight, higher spin, and thinner sole in the wedges. Feels more precise. It's actually drying up a little bit here, so even though my body feels pretty crap I think we're going to go to the place with the rock hard and fast greens today and see how it all plays there. I'm curious.

Definitely something to that triple combo.

All kinds of goodness. From help all the way to exact control.

Put the Mixed Combo set in on a lark this weekend and had one of my strongest iron striking days in months. Still haven't gotten around to reshafting, but even at 1/4-1/2" short of my P790s depending on the club they're a half club longer distance wise, and I hit more greens with them. Going to keep them in the bag for league tomorrow and see what's what. Reshaft is still happening, but I was pretty impressed.

I don't know what's changed, but I have hit some of the most solid iron shots I've hit in a long time the last couple times out. The pitching wedge is just about magical. Unfortunately, I'm hitting the ball further and having to nail distances back down. For instance, I had a 130 yard shot, into the wind. I figured if I choked down a little, that plus the wind would counteract the new found distance and drop the ball right on the flag. The ball went right over the flag and I had a 20 foot putt from the very back of the green. It was beautiful to watch in the air, though. Amazing feel at impact and the ball just went high and straight. I find myself posing and waiting to hear camera shutters.

Couple new-to-me courses the last few days, and it just really makes the TCB's shine. Knowing exactly what and all you can do and what you'll get if you do it right is just.. I don't know. Awesome borderline addicting? Lots of blind shots today (without gps) and the mentality kind of went 'well I can't see ____, and don't know _____, but as long as I can hit ___ yards with ____ spin, on _____ trajectory, it can't be terrible, right?". And man if I didn't stick some today just on that. And the ones I could see and judge were great. Just absolutely love the feel and control combo with those clubs.

These irons have flat out performed since getting them tweaked. Still need to dial in just a little, but 12 birdie looks tells me I’m in the right track. Apex Pros are 🔥🔥🔥

These irons have flat out performed since getting them tweaked. Still need to dial in just a little, but 12 birdie looks tells me I’m in the right track. Apex Pros are 🔥🔥🔥
12 in one round?!

Just thought I'd share that the Callaway 21' line up has made it to the pre-owned site. These won't take so long to ship. :):)

Been playing pretty well and hitting mostly good iron shots since putting the mixed combos back in the bag. Playing well enough that I’m second guessing reshafting these.

Just curious, anybody play the CF19 Apex forged and upgraded to the CF21 forged and noticed any big improvement? I’m not upgrading now, maybe next season.

Just curious, anybody play the CF19 Apex forged and upgraded to the CF21 forged and noticed any big improvement? I’m not upgrading now, maybe next season.
I went from the standard CF19s to the 21 pros and I would say the feel is definitely different (better). I would say forgiveness wise, it's about the same. Distance wise, I initially lost about a half a club, but had them adjusted to 1* strong and I am back at my normal distances. I also had a swing change, so that could be part of it as well.

Back