Recent content by Golf Chick

1. Golf Chick

Hit by a golf ball?

Has anyone been hit by a golf ball? I wish more people on the course would at least yell FORE when a ball approaches a group of people. I've been hit before, and I hope it was my last time...got hit square in the back of the shoulder and it hurt!! Right off someone's drive shot and I was in the...
  2. Golf Chick

Polarized Sunglasses

Are they a must for the golf course? I just returned my pair of Oakley sunglasses and now don't have any sunglasses to wear golfing. I was looking at sunglasses at the pro shop yesterday, they weren't polarized and they were too big for me. I'm finding a lot of sunglasses in pro shops and golf...
  3. Golf Chick

Women Friendly Courses

What constitutes a women friendly course? We played at Indian Canyons (South Course) on Sunday in Palm Springs and it was rated one of the top 50 courses for women by Golf Digest. Well, I must say, I LOVED the course, I shot a 102 and should've done better than that...but I had a few "s" shots...
  4. Golf Chick

PGA West - Nicklaus Tournament Course

The BF and I played at PGA yesterday in Palm Springs. Tee time was at 7:07am, you have to get out there before the heat :sweat: But we were able to get a good price for the 2 of us. We were paired up with 2 really cool guys and hopefully we'll be golfing with them again. The Nicklaus Course is...
  5. Golf Chick

What am I missing?

So I've decided to remove the long irons from my bag since I have the hardest time hitting them. So instead of my 4,5,6-irons, I've added a 7 wood, 4 and 6 hybrids. Should I add a 5 wood or maybe another hybrid? Thanks! GC
  6. Golf Chick

I've been super duper busy...

...and that's why you're probably wondering where I've been lately :) I probably won't be able to be on THP much anymore, I'm usually on at work and work has been crazy busy for me lately, for the better :good: In June-July, if everything works out right, I will be switching career tracks. And...
  7. Golf Chick

I Won Again!!!

I have no idea, BUT I received a package in the mail yesterday from The Golf Channel, and I won their Facebook 100k giveaway...I had no idea I even entered!! But I won a Golf Channel towel, a Golf Channel, ball maker and a Golf Channel visor. I'll have to post pictures. But I was really...
  8. Golf Chick

Arizona Trip

Since I've got a lot of traveling in car time, I thought I'd post about our Arizona trip that is happening currently :) We picked a great time to go. Back home, it's pouring rain :) it's nice and sunny here! We stayed and bummed around Scottsdale Wednesday. We went to Old Town Scottsdale and...
  9. Golf Chick

Tubac in Tucson

The BF and I are on our way to Tubac golf resort. I've been reading up a little on it and there's 3 holes that are a bear :) one of them is a 254 yard par 3?!?! How crazy is that!?? I'm at least going to double bogey it :D I will take pictures and share! Tomorrow we will play Arizona National...
  10. Golf Chick

Golf ball help

Ok! Since I'm in the car for about 8 hours to Arizona I have a lot of time to be on thp with my cell phone :) I need some advice. I have 2 golf balls that i play with: Srixon Lady Soft Feels and the TaylorMade Burner W. I just cannot choose between the two. The Srixons give me distance off the...
  11. Golf Chick

I think I need new grips

I think its time...I've had my clubs about a year, have been playing with them every weekend at least. Some of the rubber(?) on my grips are starting to wear and peel. When it looks like a tire, does that mean I need to change them? When the grips are flat, like a tire? This will be my very...
  12. Golf Chick

Keeping back towards target longer

My instructor has been working with me on getting more distance. Power/distance comes from your legs. My instructor has been having me keep my back/right shoulder towards the target longer as I'm starting my downswing and that part of me should be the last to go. I'm having THE hardest time with...
  13. Golf Chick

Enter to win an R11 Driver

Just go to www.shark.com. Just found out on Twitter :)
  14. Golf Chick

On course lessons

What's everyone's thoughts on this? With my previous instructor, we'd combine several lessons together and she would do lessons from the course. I actually liked it. However, my current instructor doesn't have the time because he sees lessons 8am-8am all day everyday.... Since I have my lessons...
  15. Golf Chick

Adidas adicomfort shoes

I had to order them since they didn't have my color that I wanted (white with purple stripes). But I tried on a white pair with black stripes at Roger Dunn. Boy are these shoes extrememly COMFY :good: I thought my Paula and Natalie shoes were comfy, the adicomforts are like wearing slippers :)
Back