Recent content by Longhorngary

1. L

Anyone ever carried two putters? One for long putts and one for short putts

I have an open spot in my current setup and I was considering rocking two putters. I say this as I have a putter that has a heavier head that I'm very good lagging with on long to very long putts. Alternately, I have a lighter head putter that I'm great with inside of 8 feet. With the...
  2. L

Ugliest Putter of All-Time?

that looks like a traffic light
  3. L

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

picked up one of these last week in 13.5 and so far so good. It has given me the much needed accuracy off the tee my game has needed without sacrificing too much distance.
  4. L

Best golf Glove for Sweaty Hands

Playing in Texas and now as the temperature has risen to upper 90s or even over 100, I'm finding I'm seriously sweating through my usual FJ or Callaway glove to the point that the are basically toast after a round or two. Anyone have a suggestion or favorite for golf in the heat?
  5. L

What in your opinion is a "Good" golfer either by handicap, score, or other factors?

What in your opinion is a "Good" golfer either by handicap, score, or other factors? I know there will be a variety of opinions here depending on one's personal in the golfing skill level. My research shows, that the average USGA handicap for those players who actually keep a handicap is a...
  6. L

Started a concerted playing program in April -gone from a 25 to a 15.6 - What Next?

Alright fairly new to the board, so a little backstory - 50 years old..played golf recreationally before kids 25 years ago and got down with no lessons to a low 90's shooter...stepping away from the game for family other than a couple of rounds a year, my game deteriorated to where I was...
  7. L

Does new equipment really make any difference....USGA data would say no?

Yes technology advances in equipment from 1991-2007 saw average USGA Men's handicaps drop from 16.4 to 14.5 almost 2 strokes. However the last 10 years, handicaps have remained basically flat with little to no improvement on average. Have we reached a plateau on just how much the equipment...
  8. L

Does one still need to be fitted for one length irons if I know my 7 iron length?

Was thinking of giving some Cobra one length F7s a go now that they're under $400 off the shelf. Will a fitting make that much difference with a one length setup or should I be fitted and order a custom set of F8s that can still be ordered to spec but at double the cost. I'm currently a 20...
Back