Recent content by Rusty1885

1. Rusty1885

Choosing putter to pick up ball

Odyssey sabertooth or fang would do better jobs of picking up the balls than the Newport blade style putter. I love the way it securely cradle the ball. Sadly both produce poor putting feel for my game, so I have to moved on to the one I'm currently using, the flip face #9. It's a horrible...
  2. Rusty1885

I just played the most extraordinary par round.

This morning would mark the 5th round of this week. I played 2 rounds on Wednesday. It's at my home course. It was unplanned, I didn't have to be at work till later so off I went. I hit hit my first approach stiff, it was kick-in range, so tapped in easy bird, great start. Second hole easy par...
  3. Rusty1885

Longest Par 3 you've played?

Babe course 7th hole Industry Hills Resort 300 yard from the back to the middle of the green. Usually a 6i irons to the middle of the green for me. Oh! I forgot 6i lay up and pitch to the green. It's a long and pretty narrow hole, driver is a no go:). I usually play from the white but I...
  4. Rusty1885

Cleveland XL Classic Custom driver adjustment help.

I have a Cleveland Classic 270, I love it so when I found a good deal on the XL custom I bought it. Mine is 10.5*, I found it to be more forgiving and longer than Razr EXtreme, R1, and RBZ stage 2, but Unlike my other adjustable drivers this one is a bit confusing. Can I increase the loft...
Back