Recent content by superhawk

1. superhawk

Buying golf balls online

I've checked 3 different sites for buying used balls online but by the time I add Shipping I might as well buy new at the store. Do you buy balls online and from where?
  2. superhawk

Energy Drinks & Shots

Stay away from that sugar! I always check the amount of sugar in drinks. I haven't had any energy drinks or shots in over a week and I feel great.
  3. superhawk

Build a beginner set

If you could put together a beginner set, what would you put in? I see these sets at the stores and cringe. I think they put in the wrong clubs and lofts. My choice (for men): Driver 12* draw bias Wood 18* Hybrid 24* 8i 9i SW blade putter stand bag I might would take out the wood and put in...
  4. superhawk

Musicians: What DAW say you?

So I got to wondering what DAW do you guys/gals use to record your music? I've used Sonar, Cubase, Acid, Studio One, and SawStudio. I've been checking out Reaper lately which is a STEAL for the price and I can see myself continuing to use it. However, I'm SERIOUSLY on the verge of finally...
  5. superhawk

The La Iguana Golf Course in Costa Rica

Just watch a short show on this place and it was really cool. Seems like a cool place to vacation. Anybody been there? http://www.golflaiguana.com/los-suenos-marriott-costa-rica-golf-resort/Course-Overview-1.html
  6. superhawk

Sounds of Drivers

Would you not buy a driver if you hated the way it sounded when hitting? Even if it still worked for you? It's something that I really notice and it can bother me. I can't stand a hollow metallic sound. Or a driver that is really loud. Some drivers sound like they are breaking when hitting the...
  7. superhawk

Energy Drinks & Shots

I haven't found anything better for me than the 5-hour Energy shot. I don't want to be drinking a full can of sugar. LOL. And since I'm not a "regular user" I only drink half the little bottle and I'm good for the whole day. If I watch what I eat and get 8 hrs of sleep I'm good to go.
  8. superhawk

My first Demo Day experience

Went to my first demo day yesterday and had a great time despite the heavy wind. Got to hit a lot of clubs and here's what I liked. Sadly, I was not able to try any Tour Edge clubs. A real bummer. Drivers 1) Taylormade R1 2) Ping G25 3) Cobra AMP Cell Pro Fairway 1) Cobra AMP Cell 2)...
  9. superhawk

Old, but still fantastic, instruction videos

Old, but still fantastic, instruction videos....if you can find them. I have several old videos that I've found at yard sales, etc. and these three are by far the best and are outstanding. I will be transfering them to digital soon. I haven't tried, but you may be able to see clips on youtube...
  10. superhawk

Junior has concussion, out 2 races

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Dale-Earnhardt-Jr-has-concussion-out-2-races This will really help a sport that's dying a very slow death. Consider: Since the introduction of NASCAR's new car at Talladega, attendance has dwindled from 160,000 in the spring race in 2004 to an estimated...
  11. superhawk

Mineral Wells, Tx

Hey peeps. I'll be moving to Mineral Wells, Tx in a couple of weeks and want to know if any of you know of places around that area to go to. And do you know of driving ranges and practice areas? I know there is one county club right in town, its about two blocks from where I'll be living, but...
  12. superhawk

Driver Fitting

I will be getting a new driver very soon and am considering getting fit for one but have some questions. Have you been fit for a driver, were you happy with it, did it change what you would have bought, and what extra did it cost you? I'm looking mainly at three brands that consistently rank...
  13. superhawk

Energy Drinks & Shots

If I absolutely MUST stay awake, no matter what, I will drink sweet tea. Nothing else comes close to keeping me awake for a long time. But I rarely do this. I also get a bottle of D3 (5000IU) and take 3 of them pretty regularly. It will keep you going. You just don't get that immediate SHAZAM...
  14. superhawk

Anybody used this golf simulator?

Anybody used the DancinDogg OptiShot Infrared Golf Simulator? http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/13457/searchWords/simulator I don't have a Wii or Xbox and can't afford one of those $50k simulators either. This little unit looks like it would be fun though.
  15. superhawk

Why grooves on drivers?

I've always wondered this. If the object is to hit it straight and far then why the need for grooves on drivers if you want to eliminate spin? I see that long drive makers like Krank, Bang, and SMT don't put grooves on their drivers but the other companies do. Why? And have you tried or use a...
Back