superhawk

Reaction score
Handicap
me
I will be getting a new driver very soon and am considering getting fit for one but have some questions.

Have you been fit for a driver, were you happy with it, did it change what you would have bought, and what extra did it cost you?

I'm looking mainly at three brands that consistently rank well for distance and accuracy.

Get fit. Having a professional get you the right loft, shaft length, grip size, settings if adjustable, and shaft itself can be huge. It might add a lot of cost if you get fit for a Diamana or Motore Speeder, but cross that path when you come to it.

I will be getting a new driver very soon and am considering getting fit for one but have some questions.

Have you been fit for a driver, were you happy with it, did it change what you would have bought, and what extra did it cost you?

I'm looking mainly at three brands that consistently rank well for distance and accuracy.

I have been fit for all my clubs. My first brought to light the fact that my launch angle was pretty low with the driver so I switched to a higher lofted driver (12 degree). Many believe that higher loft means less distance but it is not true at all. It is all about achieving optimal numbers. Getting the correct shaft is also very important.

You have to trust your fitter first off. I was very selective when I first hooked up with my fitter (custom golf shop) many years ago. If you don't trust him/her, chances are you won't make the right changes as the fitting shows. My fitter says the biggest thing holding many guys back is they fail to check they're ego at the door when they come in.

Fitting are always best in my opinion when done at a custom shop or GolfTec over the box stores. The box stores are in business to sell new clubs, not to see that you play better.

I was fitted for my driver and ended up that my current driver was not the best choice for me. I have hopefully rectified that situation but the best advice I can give is go in with an open mind. Stay away from looking at only a certain brand. You may be surprised what works best for you.

Get fit....its totally worth it...I gained 27 total yards by optimizing the right shaft and lowering the loft of my driver.

Get fit for sure. Usually the fitting price is included if you purchase from the fitter.

Definately get fit, when you consider all the aspects to optimize your driving game- shaft flex, shaft kick point, loft, swing speed etc. You could end up paying alot more trying to find the right club yourself and your golf game could suffer as well.

GET FITTED! Seriously, soooooo important. Can change your game if done right. Its amazing how a little tweak to something you probably never think about can help your game.

Back