Golf Style Would You Rather: Pebble Beach vs Brand New Driver

Is this any driver I could pick? Because then I would pick something like that 6k gold plated Honma, skip the fitting, and put it on Ebay to the highest bidder. That would be a no brainer. Then I could play Pebble Beach and a couple of other bucket listers on the profit.
From the OP, it's on your dime either way - you're either paying $600 for a new driver or $600 to play Pebble.

From the OP, it's on your dime either way - you're either paying $600 for a new driver or $600 to play Pebble.
Ahhhhh.... Pebble Beach, no brainer. I've hit my driver maybe 10 times this year lol.

Pebble Beach all day every day. I have a driver, and will get one again. But you rarely have a chance at Pebble.

On the Pebble train as well.

Probably pebble, though I don't really play well enough to do the course justice.

I’ll be the weirdo that says give me the driver. Pebble Beach looks cool and all, but I’ve got no business playing there. I don’t care for fancy and uppity places, and I’d probably be lucky to break 200.

Sure reads like it is mandatory:

The one day in advance exception feels more like a unicorn than a loophole.
I think singles can get on pretty easily with another group.

Pebble Beach......and an easy decision

Now a Driver that will always go 300 yards and in the middle of a fairway. That's tougher.

If there is an open bar pebble, any shaft I want, driver

Last edited:
If it was all-expenses paid to Pebble Beach, I would take it, otherwise I'd opt for the new driver.

I would play at Pebble Beach. Drivers come and go but that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity!!

Going to Pebble Beach for sure. Wouldn't pass up that chance.

Pebble Beach for me too, assuming that costs would be the identical $600.

Pebble Beach, without a doubt.

Pebble. I have 3 drivers that are less than 100 days old. :)

Driver because it's just a golf course. Can play bad on any course.

Pebble at $600 is a steal. So put me down for that.

Only $600 for a round at Pebble? lol

Am I paying the mandatory $1,000 hotel bill? What about all of the other taxes? Total cost for a round of golf at Pebble is a lot more than $600.

Give me the new driver. No golf course is worth $2,000+

To each their own… personally I don’t think I’ve come across a driver worth $600.

I’ve played Pebble twice now. And I’d still choose Pebble. Every time!

Easily Pebble. I can get a driver from my couch. Pebble? Not so much.

Here is the list

1. Pebble
2. Pebble
3. Pebble
4. Wyclef
5. Pebble

Pebble Beach in a heartbeat. I love equipment but you can't top the experience of playing a world class course. Hoping to make it out there to play Pebble next year.

Pebble, I’d assume I would have to play it once in my life. Spyglass and the others would be great to play if I’d just so happen to be there as well.

Back