Do you talk to your equipment?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
Since I misread @JB post about talking about equipment, I figured I’d make a call out thread for us weirdos that talk to your equipment.

Asking your golf ball to perform gymnastics in the air? Demanding a belly flop shot from your lob wedge? Naming your putter and demanding it’s best performance?

I’ve demanded physics defying aerobatics from my golf balls in mid-air, I’ll admit it

Nah. I talk to the ball

I also talk to other people’s golf balls, to make them mad :LOL:

I’ll talk to the ball, but typically I’m pretty self deprecating to myself for the most part.

Not really. I do always get a good giggle out of people going go go go then sit sit stop be the number left right go go break

I may occasionally channel my inner Hal Sutton and say “Be the right club today”.

I talk to the TV, my dog, my kids, my wife (occasionally HA), the ball, other people's ball (oof that sounds bad) but mostly I talk the people doing stupid things on the road in front, to the side and/or behind me. I think it's time I shut the F*ck up.

I don’t speak metallurgical, lol
And they don’t have ears … much like teenagers they know it all and don’t listen hahahah

I dont talk much to my equipment. I will beg or implore my equipment to behave sometimes. I talk to my ball fairly frequently. Most often it’s one of two things: “sit, ball” or “get lucky somehow”.

It doesn’t make you weird to talk to your clubs……unless you hear them talk back.

I talk to my ball every once in awhile. I do it more as a joke though. Like if I way overshoot a green or something, I yell bite or spin even though that obviously won’t happen :LOL:

I absolutely talk to my clubs and balls.

No sane person speaks to their clubs, since the ball is the only thing that hears your commands.

Not the club so much but the ball for sure

I talk to the ball all the time, and to myself after I hit the shot, but not the clubs.

Me and my golf ball have very strong dialogue.

I don’t talk to my clubs or my ball. I do talk to myself though. Generally a loud “you fat fu—” after a bad shot. So only 93 times a round.

Definitely to the ball and to myself for frequent poor execution.

I talk to my ball in the air a lot. Clubs not so much.

Nope just the ball.

Not out loud

Back