Do you talk to your equipment?

Yep & it's just like talking to my teenage daughter, neither of them listen & usually do just the opposite of what I'm asking.

I talk to myself as if third person, because it's not the club or balls fault!

Who am I kidding...of course it is!

Oh yeah. Often.

I've recently started talking to my driver shafts. There's no need for a repeat of recent things, so I figure it can't hurt to be friends.

Last edited:
Talk to the ball and find one that will listen!

I will cover the iron's faces with my hand if I'm playing someone that's a better iron player, to keep the irons being intimidated! :cool:

Oh yeah. We have conversations in the garage about who actually wants to come to the course that day.

And then on course, I’ll talk to my ball all the time. They need obedience lessons.

I also talk to other people’s golf balls, to make them mad :LOL:
Talk away! Lol maybe my ball will listen to you!

Talk to the ball and find one that will listen!

I will cover the iron's faces with my hand if I'm playing someone that's a better iron player, to keep the irons being intimidated! :cool:
If you use iron covers, you can still have a free hand. Now that it’s cold maybe more people will start using them to keep their irons from getting intimidated.

I usually say "good club" after a great shot - usually this is to my putter or driver.

No. The club had no part in my good or bad decision to use it.

I talk to the ball All the Time :eek: not that it does any good.

No and I sincerely hope I never get to that stage. I don't mean to offend anyone but it seems a bit bonkers to do that.

Having said that I do speak to the squirrels I feed so maybe it will happen.

I don't think I ever talk to a club

oh I definitely do, especially the ball. I do sometimes threaten the other clubs that they can be replaced.

I talk to my golf ball, clubs, glove, tees, sunglasses .... they're all part of the team.

I talk to the ball sometimes. More often I call myself girl names when I do something stupid.

I'll talk to the ball, but mostly calling myself names when I do something dumb...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I talk to the ball sometimes. More often I call myself girl names when I do something stupid.
So you say stuff like, "Dang you, Jennifer! or Why are you so stupid Brittany?!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have been known to yell at the ball from time to time. :ROFLMAO:

I occasionally threaten my putter with a time out. It usually shapes up when I do.
You have plenty of backups so they probably take that very seriously 😂

So you say stuff like, "Dang you, Jennifer! or Why are you so stupid Brittany?!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yep. Like if I leave a putt short I'll say "come on Sandra, get it to the hole".

Back