Is This The Worst YouTube Golf Trope- Part 2?

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Last edited:
When I see a thumbnail like those on YouTube, I instantly scroll past it. I typically know what is coming just by the look.

So many YouTubers on the Kirkland train (good or bad) because it draws clicks.

Every 'big story' that comes up a select few YouTube guys jump on it and ride it into the ground to chase views. It's kinda sad that it's consistently the same people tbh.

Yeah, I try not to click on threads like those.

I generally avoid anything that looks clickbait-y like that. I don't even want to encourage them by giving them a click.

Boring garbage. Pass.

Yes, YT is absolutely drowning in golf "truths" and "secrets" which are actually just poorly disguised infomercials. If I see either of those terms I'm out.

Click here to add 30, 40, even 50 yards to your driver! Like and subscribe. Click here for the Secret move all the Pro’s don’t want you to know! Become a Scratch golfer in just 3 minutes….click now! How you can start BOMBING MASSIVE DRIVES just like the pros..click now!

I appreciated 'The Average Golfer' getting out of that game. He did a video on how he hated doing those type of titles and title screens but knew it drew engagement. He switched to being more a travel vlog for golf and said if he doesn't get as many clicks, he's OK with it.

I've unsubscribed to a lot of content providers who I liked but got tired for their posts like the OP referenced cluttering up my page.

I won’t open them so they don’t get any credit for it

As someone who makes YouTube content in a totally different niche and makes a decent amount of money from it I don’t blame them one bit. Getting people to click play is the first hard step and a title and thumbnail is going to do that. Keeping them watching is harder though. James Robinson gives me the s***s by dragging it on so much before he reveals what he’s actually going to talk about.

I prefer the car building channels over the majority of the golf ones for this very reason...and even some of the car building ones are arse.

. James Robinson gives me the s***s by dragging it on so much before he reveals what he’s actually going to talk about.
so annoying.… if I don’t know what we are doing in the first 15 secs I’m out. And for those that drag it out, I don’t watch their content anymore

Boring garbage. Pass.

Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Back