Do You Keep Old Sets?

I try to give away some one off irons to pga kids program but sets I usually dump or friends if they want them. I usually keep one set just in case someone is in town.

I sold my Ping i3 Blades and my Callaway XR Pros to friends. I still have three sets of Wilson Staffs, Taylormade MB Blades(1984), and the four sets of Srixon irons I’ve bought since 2017.

I still have the i3+ in my visitor bag, for friends who want to play who don't have a set.

If I get an iron set given to me by a rep or something like that I keep them or give them away when I move on. If it was a staff agreement, they usually want them back, if I bought it, I don’t feel bad selling it.

I am in the process of downsizing a bit here as it was getting kind of silly, and taking up a lot of space. My Edel wedges and putter from the Quest Cup(s) are never leaving though, and I think I’d have a difficult time getting rid of clubs from any future THP events.

I keep em, Unless they can be used by someone I know.

Yes but only because I don’t actively try to sell. I sold my gamer set of P790 as soon as I got the Zx4. Only have one extra said of old ping eye 2. Just haven’t sold them.

I usually try to trade in my past clubs. However, with my sons getting into golfing it’s been kinda hand them my old clubs and use their old clubs to trade in.

The only old sets I keep at this point are those that I have received from a THP event and have some custom component. For me it’s like getting to relive that experience when I see them.

I have 2 sets of clubs in the house. Both have sentimental value and will never be traded or sold. "Regular" clubs are sold or donated when replaced.

I have 2 sets of Irons besides my gamers, not counting a set of '69 Staff Bullet Back's that were my dad's.
Cobra Forged Tec Black w/ SF i95's from 2018 and a mint set of Adams A4 Forged that I plan on reshafting with KBS TGI 70
I have several spare shafts for drivers and hybrids I need to get rid of.
I essentially have two full sets of clubs on hand.
Generally, if i buy a new set of irons, the old ones get traded or sold though.
Putters are a different story

I have 3 sets + my sons in the house at the moment.

One is my gamer, another is a "spare set" of older Wilson clubs if my son's non-golfing friends want to go to the range with him so we don't risk our clubs and then I have a set of Nike Ignites. I just sold my previous gamer set of Callaway X-14 steelheads.

I keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace and Gumtree for clubs I can flip as a hobby and that is where the Ignite's came from (I'm keeping the Odyssey White Hot Pro #3 that was in the bag !). So I'll always have sets of irons coming through just in case I have a major issue with my gamers.

When I do upgrade my X-20's I'll likely keep them if I have space just because they fit me well. But it really depends on what turns up as I flip sets and how much I need the money for other golf stuff ! I'm a notorious hoarder and often surprised about how much value I have in things just lying around in the house which I no longer use.

Usually sell them

Putters stay around but usually I’ll move on from clubs I’m not using.

I will try sell as soon I as I know the new set works well for me

I've only got one extra set, which was my first... and I've kept them as a backup at my cabin. Nice to have set of clubs away from home if someone wants to play.

Can't have your ex-wife hanging around when you are trying to start a new relationship.

Clean break for me every time. The money helps fund new purchases too.

Can't have your ex-wife hanging around when you are trying to start a new relationship.

Clean break for me every time. The money helps fund new purchases too.
What's the best price you got selling your X😂

I have an affinity for my set of Ben Hogan Radial irons and a Titleist 975D driver. Enjoyed them both very much at one time, so I will keep them. Have some stuff, I could give away that are not worth selling or be trade in material that I will part with this spring.

I keep iron sets but not woods and wedges. I've been fortunate to have been given a couple sets of irons at THP Events, I still have those. I don't switch putters so I don't have extras.

I used to trade everything in but realized I was getting hardly anything for them. So now I just hold onto old clubs. I also like to keep a set with my Dad so I don’t have to bring my clubs when we visit my parents, so I switch out old clubs there and my Dad and younger brother sometimes will use some of my old clubs as well.

Last edited:
I try to give things away to people in my life that need modern gear, but sometimes it's hard to keep up.

I’ve pretty much parsed off my set replaced from the Grandaddy. It was still a great bag so I’m just happy to see it get put to use.

They usually get handed down/sold to my brother or other golf partners. I don't currently have a backup set, which is rare, but I doubt I'll ever sell the DCB's if they get replaced in the next couple of years.

Nope. It’s weird, will drop stupid amounts on other things, but somehow I feel like I’m losing money with extra clubs laying around. Mental

I have quite a few iron sets at the house. I also have a few of iron sets from local friends who 'have plans' which apparently means I need to house the heads until they are ready to execute hahaha

Was just talking to one of my regular playing partners yesterday who plays Mizuno blades about using my 921's this year instead of his older models. Might be a fun bump.

I also have this interesting phenomenon where my Dad sees something of mine he likes and it becomes his. It's very interesting. Hoping the Paradym driver has a better fate after what he did to my Epic Flash Custom hahaha

Back