What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Decided to head to my club after work and played 18 at Spyglass on the Trackman Range, followed by 9 holes on a par 3 course

Obviously putting isn't done so it auto finishes the hole for you once you are on the green or within about 20yds of the hole, but I shot level par gross on both rounds

Swing work definitely seems to be paying off from the recent lessons - was 10 inches from a hole in one on a 215yd hole on the par 3 course

Looked at the bag of clubs I'm going to try to hit Sunday and wondered what will happen.

Got in a couple sessions of swing training (basically getting back to where I left off in October), then got out the mat to check out my new flatstick.

First spent some time with my SeeMore Putting Consistency Training Mirror

IMG_6803-18pct.JPG

then added Tour Tempo Total Game training to the mix.

Then moved on to checking the new club for speed control. Initial impression is the speed control will be every bit as good as I used to get out of my SeeMore Si5 mallet, with the better aiming accuracy I tend to get out of a DW blade.

Of course any new putter you get is always better than the putter before it, right?
lol.gif

Got my 2024 Wis Dells trip set up. Pairings set, handicaps figured, all meals setup! Cmon May 31st 👍🏼⛳

1000009132.jpg
Shot 95 at Ballyhack

Last edited:
Skillest lesson on Zoom this afternoon

Watched Bryan brothers and Jon Rahm on YouTube. On Vacation in Colorado for a couple more days. I did get evaluation scheduled with GolfTec a couple days ago. That has me excited.

Today I got out for my second round of the year...barely! Without going through all the details, other stuff kept coming up so I wasn't able to get to the course until 2:30 pm...and instead of mid-50 degree weather, we topped out at 47 degrees. I decided to play anyway and get in as many holes as I could before the cart had to be back at 5:30 pm. The course was so sparse I got in all 18 holes!

We've had lots of snow that has only had a chance to melt in the last few days, helped by rain yesterday, so it was pretty sloppy. I've been working on getting a good stretch into my takeaway and then cracking the whip through the ball. That takes ground forces and thus today was a really good test to see if I could maintain my levels. Soft ground is challenging for that. Only fatted one shot and got good carry through the bag (and carry is all you get when everything is this soft and wet. Was 3 over going out and even par coming back.

Walked 18 this morning.

Played 9 holes this afternoon. Just a decent, steady 1/2 round of play. Still having a right knee issue.

I had picked up used 56, and 60. Vokey wedges earlier. I put them in the bag. As I already knew, these are pretty good wedges, no matter how old they are.

Made a few nice putts for a 41. 4 pars and 5 bogey 1s. This from the senior tees.

Played with a couple of tourist. Answered a lot of their questions on their travels in the area.

cold morning 1.jpgcold morning 2.jpg
Cold start this morning....

New grips on my wedges. Good bye Tour Velvet. Royal’s at 1/2 the price last twice as long. Added two extra wraps on the lower end in addition to what’s already “built in” to the grip.

Quite like it!

Made some arrangements and booked some tee times for Jank + Nate-Fest

Creswick goldfields course ,
off the blue tees ,
Through gum and bush and very hilly
Very dry course and warm weather.

My brother my son
And his father in law ..

96 for me , the others faired worse

Very straight hitting but with lots of undulations decent shots still ran off into the fringes or bush / leaves .

Good day )

Snapped my few months old Srixon mkii 5w while practicing into a net.... Off a tee 😒

IMG_7758.jpeg

Checked my two favorite bargain bin stops. Didn't find any clubs I could use.

I did find a couple of bags to put some loose clubs in. One was generic, in mint condition for cheap. Ugly bag my Wife says.

The other was a very light Sun Mountain stand bag, also for under $10. Do to being really light, this might become my practice bag.

With spring cleaning time coming up, I suspect a lot more usable clubs will be showing up.

Regripped a buddy's clubs and finished the last few of my set.
20240225_140039.jpg

Played 18 with my
Grandson, and his Dad this morning. Luckily I had a big enough lead on them to weather the last few holes. Stamina is my big problem these days. Shot an 88, while averaging 5.5 strokes over the final 5 holes. The Boys were 93, and 95 for their efforts. .

My putting wasn't up to par at first. I was missing left with pulled putts. My left hand was doing something weird I figured out. The fix was easy enough. I just barely touched the club grip at the top with my thumb, and finger tips. Actually I just needed some place put my left hand is all. So, with my left hand out of the mix, just using my right hand had me making putts again.

Just a fun, family round of golf.

Practiced wedge shots from various distances. Felt pretty good considering the long layoff. Still working on club face control but there were some positives right out of the gate.

Played 3 rounds on the simulator.

Looked at some old clubs for purposes of possible trade in.

Worked on a hybrid for Pops and tried to knock some rust off my chipping. Drives me nuts but how easy you can fall back into old habits.

Played 18 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought two different-sized Kid's Golf irons for the grandkids. Will be introducing two of the grandkids to golf this spring. The rest of the grandkids are coming in June and want to go golfing with Grandpa (which for them means going to the practice range).

Drove from Minnesota to Arkansas, to Florida to golf with my brother in-law tomorrow for my first round of the year 😁

went to pga superstore traded in some old woods and hybrids in my garage for a credit and hit some balls in the sim.

Back