What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

SO much.

Reshafted, regripped, new ferrule-d, and loft & lie'd a 5-PW, GW, 54, 58.

Stocked the build supplies with new ferrules and such that came in for plain/review builds.

Cleaned up the work benches.

Prepped the sim for the projector to get mounted on the ceiling this week.

Wrote.

Wrote some more.

Watched some golf.

SO much.

Reshafted, regripped, new ferrule-d, and loft & lie'd a 5-PW, GW, 54, 58.

Stocked the build supplies with new ferrules and such that came in for plain/review builds.

Cleaned up the work benches.

Prepped the sim for the projector to get mounted on the ceiling this week.

Wrote.

Wrote some more.

Watched some golf.
Means new things are a comin...

Yesterday - Traded my Callaway CB 54* wedge in for a Cleveland CBX 54*. I was between the 2 initially and went with the Cally because it was 1) cheaper and 2) matched my Paradym X irons. In actual use though, I didn't care for the hard feel on well struck shots. Wedge worked just fine out of the sand and on chips, but the feel was a no go. Got the CBX on clearance.

Today - ordered a set of KE4 Max irons with Cypher shafts from GW. Haven't been completely happy with my Paradym X, especially the 6 & 7 irons. I've never met a 7i I didn't get along with, but this one I ain't happy with. It's been a year and I still don't trust it. The KE4 will give me another option. I think the Paradym may need to be rebuilt. Just doesn't feel right. I've previously gamed the KE4 and liked them a lot. Should have stuck with them...

Surfed tee times in scotland for my trip in May.
Look's like I'll be playing Royal Dornach and Golspie or Fortrose & Rosemarkie while in the invernesss region.
Cruden Bay and Stone Haven Near Aberdeen, unless I find another fairly inexpensive gem nearby.
Then somewhere around St Andrew's, hopefully the Old, but that's looking iffy. Still working that out...

Gripped 2 shafts then worked on my swing in the garage bay

Driving range then regripped a hybrid

Played 18 holes some in sunshine and lot of them in cold rain and 38 deg and two holes with a bit of snow coming down,,but be damned if I quit.

Cold,wet and muddy again.
Bro in law took a canny photo of the 17th .
17th.jpg

Went to the range with my daughter 1000006555.jpg

More golf net action in the garage. The swing is coming along and worked on pull down and starting with hips then arms to iniate the down swing.

Mlm2pro and garage sim seems inevitable.

Can only dream of playing till Wednesday or Thursday. Out of town working. I’m beginning to dislike that word.

In a decent wind, I went out this morning and hit 80 yard shots. Then some 30, 20, and 10 yard pitches. Also Did a little chipping, and putting.

After lunch, on our way to visit Hoover Dam, I dropped 3 bags of clubs at St. Jude's Ranch. They're adding on some building, and I figured they could use some more revenue.

Went to the range with my daughter again. She hit at least fifty balls today!! And wants to go again tomorrow. I love it! ♥️

Played in a scramble today which is always before the Cologaurd for the PGA champions tour. We played La Paloma and the course was just immaculate. The rough was deep something I normally don't see here. I made a few birdies using all of my shots which was fun. I had an absolute blast and look forward to watching the tournament his week. It was a bit windy at the end. The grass was like carpet just so nice to hit off of. Excellent swag bag items also!
IMG_4929.jpegIMG_4931.jpegIMG_4933.jpegIMG_4934.jpegIMG_4936.jpegIMG_4937.jpegIMG_4938.jpegIMG_4939.jpegIMG_4941.jpegIMG_4945.jpegIMG_4948.jpegIMG_4950.jpegIMG_4952.jpegIMG_4953.jpeg

Range session yesterday.

Working on the swing changes from Friday's lesson - mainly using 7-iron and driver. Generally hit the ball poorly, as I try to work through them.

Took it out on my 3-wood which hasn't seen much daylight since I bought it at the end of last year. Once we had reacquainted ourselves managed to fire a few straight ones a decent distance up the range. Decided not to give up golf :)

I bought a my first Tom Coyne book.

Random, but this post reminded me several years back I was in the middle of a golf lesson with a pro here in the Philly area. He's showing me my swing he just recorded on his phone and a call pops up.. caller ID says "Tommy Coyne". I'm like, "not to be nosy, but the writer Tom Coyne?".. Indeed it was.

Range for two hours -- and video. Swing consistency is still troubling. Body is stiff from not playing or practicing for 7 months

Shipped a lot of Loggerhead Golf merchandise to THPers.

Played in a scramble today which is always before the Cologaurd for the PGA champions tour. We played La Paloma and the course was just immaculate. The rough was deep something I normally don't see here. I made a few birdies using all of my shots which was fun. I had an absolute blast and look forward to watching the tournament his week. It was a bit windy at the end. The grass was like carpet just so nice to hit off of. Excellent swag bag items also!
View attachment 9246214View attachment 9246215View attachment 9246216View attachment 9246217View attachment 9246218View attachment 9246219View attachment 9246220View attachment 9246221View attachment 9246222View attachment 9246223View attachment 9246224View attachment 9246225View attachment 9246226View attachment 9246227
Any idea how spectators are gonna get around that place?

Back