What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played in a scramble today which is always before the Cologaurd for the PGA champions tour. We played La Paloma and the course was just immaculate. The rough was deep something I normally don't see here. I made a few birdies using all of my shots which was fun. I had an absolute blast and look forward to watching the tournament his week. It was a bit windy at the end. The grass was like carpet just so nice to hit off of. Excellent swag bag items also!
View attachment 9246214View attachment 9246215View attachment 9246216View attachment 9246217View attachment 9246218View attachment 9246219View attachment 9246220View attachment 9246221View attachment 9246222View attachment 9246223View attachment 9246224View attachment 9246225View attachment 9246226View attachment 9246227
What a dream course!

played 9 holes at Black Gold today in Sugarcreek, Ohio. I didn't play great but I had a lot of newness going on. club changes and swing changes. so i just wanted to get a feel of how it was going. i have to say I am excited to play this summer. with my new equipment and changes.

More garage sim tonight...well you know without the sim as it's in the mail.

My golf stuff…. Thought about golf and that I can’t wait until VB season is over and I can go enjoy a round without going anywhere else,

Trying a new grip on one of my CS putters.
Super Stroke tour 2.0 .

Regripped my own clubs for the first time ever. Took a while ~2hours but I'm pleased with the results and finally have matching grips on all my clubs. First new grips in about 3 years for most of them so well past needing doing! They've been sat in a box since last year from the grip sale that was on at the local golf store. I'll buy some more again now as they are on sale again.

Played Coeur C'alene on GCQuad this morning. With autoputt, I ended up shooting par, a good sim round for me. Irons are on. Driver is more of a roller coaster. Looking forward to a lesson on Friday to see if I can get the big stick to behave a little bit more.

Got in range time and practiced some chipping during lunch hour.

Went to the indoor practice place with a couple buddies and played a few holes and some capture the flag.

Had the Iomic grips installed on driver, wedges, and putter a few a couple weeks ago. Decided to install them on my irons, hybrid, and utility wood as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 6
Started out with wedges to 65 yarda. 52, 56, 60. Some were short . Some were long. Some were just right. All were pretty much on line, with in reason. I didn't spend much time on aim, and alignment.

I hit these wedges over a bunker, and 8 geese who were munching down. I think one of the geese thought he was my swing coach. Every once in while he would raise up, and cackle at me.

Next was 120 yard punch shots with my #2 ironwood. That's all the room I had. I love this club. I wish there was room in my bag for it.

Next was chipping practice, using my wedges. I just wanted to see how they reacted. Normally
I chip with my 8i. I did find that in a certain situation they worked better than the 8i.

Next up was putting. I even parred the 18 practice pins. All first putts started at 15+/- feet. 2 putted every pin. Some involved significant breaks. Even on the 2nd putt.

Finished up with 16 full swings with the #2 Ironwood on d-range. Good ball heights, but just not the distance I use to get with it.

Just good time practicing in perfect morning weather. Might play 9 holes after lunch.

This was the first winter in our new house that is located where they have...well winter. I set up a practice area in our finished basement. Like most days this winter, I worked on putting with the Perfect Practice Putting Mat (I'm pretty deadly from 10 feet into the small hole), did some swing speed training, and then worked on full swing form off tight and fluffy lies (I have a mat for that).

Had some practice in the backyard setup the other evening. Hit in the garage sim tonight. Ball striking seems to be getting into a really good place.
20240304_141613.jpg

Played 9 holes yesterday with an older couple from the Vegas Valley. Nice people who enjoy golf, and being out doors in perfect golf weather. Its quite possible this will become weekly meet for us.

I played well, with a 44. I hit all the par 3s, and 5s GIRs. The problem being, although I hit the greens in regulation, I didn't get the ball to stay on them. Still happy with the accuracy though.

My putting was below average for me. I lost a few strokes due to some bad reads. They have finally put some thought into where they moved the flag pins. I actually like it.

Today will see me practicing with my driver. I need the extra yardage off the tee it could provide on the par 4s. Fewer lost strokes there.

One good thing, after thinking about it, is that in the past 108 holes, I have not lost a ball. This might be pb for me.

Closed the range down. Started on the short game facility chipping then putting. Then worked through a medium bucket on the range in 60 degree weather. I'm so ready for this warmer weather!!!
20240307_183832.jpg

The weather not been great (i know i shouldn`t moan with what some parts of the USA get} a bit wet and my local pitch and putt doesn`t drain to good but i went yesterday and just messed about .
got into a little game between my 7 iron and my `chipmaster` chipper ( bought from the charity shop !!!) trying bump and runs to see which i could get closer to the hole with.

My chipper won cos i got two shots in the hole

Hopefully we will get some nice weather soon .

Played 18 yesterday (Saturday) with couple of buddies on friend’s SIM. Trying to work off rust but looking forward to getting on course after almost 5 month winter hibernation.

Slid a new grip on the used hybrid I purchased last week and updated the firmware on my x5 watch.

I considered driving over to the MI Golf Show but ultimately decided against it.

Went to the dome again to hit balls and focus on chipping. Overall a pretty good session. Looking forward to working with my wedges on grass

9 holes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back