How to do you golf....Ride or Walk(this includes the use of a cart/trolley) and which is better?

I am currently 60/40 riding vs walking. It's based on who I am playing with once the time changes and I start walking 9 holes after work it should flip flop.

I split about 50/50. Depends on the day and if I'm playing with someone. It's nice to ride with someone and converse. But a solo walk is enjoyable too.

100% walking, either with a push trolley or carrying when the weather turns for the worse and it is easier to carry

I walk with an electric cart carrying my bag.

I ride the majority of my rounds but enjoy walking if it's not too hot & humid out. We've got a handful of courses here that are more geared towards walking that we sprinkle in to the rotation. I definitely enjoy walking.

Last edited:
Ride. A lot of courses here on the weekend won't even let you walk.

I cart more than I walk but I think walking is more enjoyable. I do fee I play better when I cart but it’s probably not the case.

Walk with a pushcart as much as possible but I play with several guys that refuse to walk so rather than be the only one walking I will ride when playing with them.
None of my regular golf buddies walk, I'm the only one. Some of them are too old and busted up, the others just don't want to walk. Doesn't matter to me, I'm walking.

I will walk almost exclusively if I stay and play at any of the three courses in town. And I will almost certainly ride if I'm anywhere else

Walk > Ride
Carry > Push cart
Reality > My ideology

I prefer to walk, carrying a light bag. But these days most of my rounds are push cart or riding cart. I've had a series of nagging injuries the last few years. My body has not been up the walking task.

I believe that walking is best for healthy golfers. Walking works the golfing muscles where sitting shortens the golfing muscles of the spine and pelvis.
Ben Hogan refused to sit before and during a round. Pictures of him on a golf course show his pelvis is very straight without any tilts. Sam Snead was the same.
I loved playing against the young guns who rode in a cart during our inter-club matches. Golf is really difficult when the hip flexors are tight.

Ride mainly, it’s baked into the cost of the majority of courses here so the cost is the same and I’m not even sure they let you walk. There is one I know you can walk and I do occasionally and generally enjoy it more walking rather than riding.

Ride mainly, it’s baked into the cost of the majority of courses here so the cost is the same and I’m not even sure they let you walk. There is one I know you can walk and I do occasionally and generally enjoy it more walking rather than riding.
My course has two monthly member rates - it's $229 if you walk, $349 if you want unlimited cart privileges. Or you can pay the $229 and an additional $15 per round for the cart.

For daily (non-member) green fees, the cart cost is included and you pay it whether you ride or walk.

I walk when I can, either carry or pushcart. On the weekends it's mostly riding if I am playing with one of my golf groups.

Walk and carry once a week. Ride the other round.

I play most of my rounds at 2 courses. One of them is walkable and I do whatever my group is doing. Always pushcart though. One of them you can walk the front if you want but the back is unwalkable. I always ride at that course.

I walk and ride 50/50 depending on who I'm playing with and the course. When walking I probably push 75% of the time and carry the rest. Might change since I got a lighter bag now though. I prefer to walk when I can, I seem to play a little better too when doing so.

I bought a push cart last December and it has made it a lot easier to walk the course.
I've never played a round of golf riding in a cart.

Right now I'm a cart rider when playing. This bum knee keeps me from walking too much.

I'm hoping with time, and exercise I can get back into walking mode. In fact I'm thinking about walking 9 holes next week. Even if I get 5 holes in that will be a good start.

I walked and carried for a lonnnnnnnnng time! At a certain point my knees informed me that they didn't like that very much anymore! Too much baseball, football and basketball in my youth. so I bought a pull cart and used that for quite a while until it became clear that it was the walk itself that was causing the discomfort. So, these day I and my playing companions ride. It's even getting to the point where 18 holes, even when riding, will seize me up pretty bad. We have our first round of the year coming up on Monday, and I know I'll be in a world of hurt come Tuesday morning.

I actually got into golf to try to do more walking and outdoor exercise. Unfortunately, there aren't any courses around me that even allow walking. There's only one that's a drive away, but the only time I walked it I did like 13 miles and it was completely inhospitable for the task. No shade, 100 degrees, no cart girl (they only have that for the cart-only course on the same property, go figure).

I'd definitely rather walk than do cart path only.

I ride 95% of the time. Especially in the summer it is brutally hot here. I do like to walk, but everyone I play with rides so I do it to speed up play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back