How to do you golf....Ride or Walk(this includes the use of a cart/trolley) and which is better?

I have creaky hips, and they get worse when I sit. They actually feel better when I walk than they do when I sit in the cart and get in and out all day.

I apologize to those of you who feel I was being too judgmental about those who ride. Where I play in Central California, I notice a lot of guys in their early 20's to late 30's that play regularly and they are always in a cart. I am 56 and when I started playing years ago, riding in a cart cost as much as the green fee. So that is probably where my stubbornness comes from. I play in a lot of tourneys where most will ride and there will be me and maybe a couple of others walking. Everyone has their preference and there is no right answer. Glad to see so many responding. Thank you.

None of my regular golf buddies walk, I'm the only one. Some of them are too old and busted up, the others just don't want to walk. Doesn't matter to me, I'm walking.
Same but I've always felt a bit awkward not riding so that's my excuse. Much prefer walking

Walking courses have tee boxes next to the previous green. Riding courses have tee boxes a long distance from the previous green.

Riding courses have a guy in the pro shop who tells you no when you say you want to walk. Walking courses have a guy who says yes.

That's the difference, right there.

I only play at the ones with a guy who says yes.

When I’m solo, I walk w/ push cart. On our buddy trips, I will cart, mostly because carts are generally required. When we play local, they will cart and I will walk. They THINK it’s faster, but amazingly, after 18 holes we finish at the same time. They have a severe aversion to walking for whatever reason.

Back