ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Which irons do you currently play? Currently playing with Cobra MiM Tour irons and have had some success with them when compared to Cobra Speedzones.

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? High CG and MOI and AI is always really intriguing.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
Current set makeup is 4-PW paired with ProjectX Catalyst 80 shafts.

This is a fantastic opportunity. These are some great looking irons with some interesting tech in them. Good luck all!

Awesome opportunity that I'm really excited for. As a WS fan and someone living in the Chicago area I've had these in hand a few times already. They look amazing and I'd love to also go through AI fit.

1. Currently playing Cobra Fly Z+

2. They are fantastic shape and a bit more compact than others in their class. Tech wise I love the toe weighting as someone that misses out that way. The revised power holes also seem beneficial as someone that tends to catch things a groove or 2 low. Lastly the AI face, curious what real world performance that translates to.

3. Playing 4-PW with DG 120 S300.

Srixon z785

Great looking club. Getting great reviews. Learned to play golf with a set of Wilson D9s. First complete set of irons.

4-pw with N.s. pro modus 3 /R flex

I've always had a curiosity about Wilson...and the AI Fit option looks cool and is available locally.

1. Which irons do you currently play?
Srixon ZX5

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
A forged forgiving club with the latest tech and custom fit with their AI fit seem like they would be perfect fit for what I'm looking for...

5-PW with Nippon 105s (but super curious what AI fit would say as similar shaft systems haven't put that shaft in my top 3)

Those look really good.

I started playing golf again this past November after stepping away for 23 years. Being reintroduced to golf has been incredible and challenging. I purchased a cheap new set of clubs off of Amazon not wanting to invest a significant amount of money until I knew I was going to be committed. I now play with the 2023 set of Dynapower irons 5-gap wedge and woods. They have been fantastic! The Driver is amazing and the irons are very forgiving with bad strikes. With the Amazon set I could strike a 5 iron roughly 150 yards. With the Wilson Dynapower 5 iron, I now send golf balls to around 180 yards. Because of the AI technology incorporated into these clubs including loft and length changes these irons are designed for high handicap players looking for strike forgiveness and distance and they do just that. In the last couple of months I have dropped strokes from an average of 120 down to 102, with a few 90's. With Wilson Dynapower irons being reintroduced in 2023 and the new forged irons coming out this year it would be interesting to see how far Wilson has came with their AI technology in the past year with these forged irons.

Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
Srixon ZX5 MKII

They are great looking irons with an excellent pedegrie in golf. I used to game the D7 Forged irons and I am looking forward to seeing how far they have come since then.

5-PW ZX5 MKII
AW ZX7 MKII
All shafted with steelfiber 70 R

Awesome opportunity that I’m really excited for. I've looked into testing and purchasing wilson irons before but decided to hold onto my pings while I try to get more consistency in my game prior to taking the plunge on a new set.

1. I currently have the Ping G400s, +1/2 inch and with the stiff shaft that is offered by ping with this set.

2. They are fantastic shape and a bit more compact than some other similar spec irons. Wilson are still being used by many great pros (Padraig Harrington). The tech updates they have made to these make them look like an exciting set to play with well into the future.

3. Playing 5-PW with ping AWT 2.0 stiff

WIlson Fit AI is at Carl's Golfland for anybody interested. Now I have another excuse to go to Carls. I'm going to check it out.
Odd thing is I didnt see the Wilson irons at Carls last week. I must have missed them, but dang were they busy.

I was just in the market looking for a new set all winter. I was going to buy the p770 but I want to try the Wilson's iron but in Cleveland Ohio I can't find a fitter that has them in stock. I would have to travel 2hr away to the nearest PGA store in Columbus OH. Currently I'm playing the p790 4-GW, standard loft, 2 flat lie angle, KBS Tour steel 130XX shafts. This would be a great opportunity for me because I just started playing Wilson Staff golf ball and I'm very impressed with it. It replaced the Pro V I've been using for years. I've been a Wilson fan boy in the two golf leagues I play in.

Comment below and answer these 3 questions.

Cobra King II Oversize

I've always been drawn to Wilson products because I grew up playing my fathers old Wilson Staff blades. They were great but I am looking for more of a Player's distance iron. The Dynapower Forged look great and it would be a fitting upgrade to my current hand-me-down irons.

3-pw standard length, lie, and loft with Cobra's stock regular flex shafts and lamkin crossline oversize grips. I should be playing stiff or extra stiff shafts +.25 to +.5 length as I'm 6'2" probably but it is another hand-me-down set from my father.

I've never been properly fit for clubs but I suppose it's about time. I've been playing my whole life but only taking it seriously in the last few years since my father retired. Now we play a few times a month. If I'm not mistaken there is a shop in town that is Wilson fitting certified. I'd be interested to see how a proper fitting will differ from the online fitting tools and how it will change my game.

Great opportunity here:

1. Which irons do you currently play? Srixon ZX5 MKii
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The AI Face and Power Holes look like a great addition to a very traditional looking club. Little help but still plenty of spin and loft to help get the ball in the air and stop it.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? Currently I play 6-PW with Recoil 95 shafts.

1. Which irons do you currently play: Takomo 101
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you: Forgiveness and the forged heads. Would love to see how they compare with the Takomos
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play: Takomo 101, standard loft and lie, KBS Tour Lite Stiff

1. Currently playing PXG 0311P
2. Always prefer forged irons so lie/loft can be easily manipulated to accommodate my swing path and gapping needs.
3. True Temper Elevate 95

century seeker GIF

All the entries! YES!

Oh how I wish I had an iron game so I could jump in. These look really good and all the initial details are checking a lot of boxes for me. Good luck to those who enter.

Looks to be serious amount of interest in these. After hitting them on Monday I can see why. I would have tried out the Ai Fit system but there was only one guy at PGASS trying to take care of 5 hitting bays. May try again in OKC.

Oh how I wish I had an iron game so I could jump in. These look really good and all the initial details are checking a lot of boxes for me. Good luck to those who enter.
Hey now, a non iron game makes for good testing too. Everyone should enter if they have even an inkling of intrigue.

Come on down!

Jump in, the water’s fine.

Would love to see THP help breathe some life back into Wilson. I mean, it was good for Arnie!

421C7A50-51D9-4A60-A19F-57201B4BE134.jpeg

1. Current irons: Maxfli Revolution, Black Dot. Probably not a lot of people playing these.
2. I'm interested in the following: a) do the Dynaforged irons give enough feedback to know where you are hitting the ball on the club?, b) is there a noticeable difference between the 8 iron without power slots to the 7 irons with?, c) is the worry about hitting flyers legitimate?
3. Shaft: Dynamic Gold S300U, 1.5" long and 2 degrees upright

I went back again, 'researching' in the hopes and now Wilson are out of all graphite options for custom shafts 🤯 either their inventory is not great for restocking or they're moving these quickly.

Edit: I don't think it had anything to do with me choosing a 4i in the make up of the set either

its been a while. lets do it.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway ParadymX

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? its the looks. plain and simple. address angle pics look perfect. not flashy. 🤌

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-P, A - modus 105x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back