PGA Tour to announce June restart

I really hope the tour is back in June. I'm counting down to the skins match in 2 weeks and cant wait to hear more about the match 2.

Well, since I am stuck at home, I will be watching even the practice rounds.
watch the replays, over and over.
It will beat watching the 2015 Greensboro open

I’d love to go to the Travelers championship and winged foot. Both are less than an hour from my house. I’m just concerned about how crowded they’ll be...

The Memorial will track the gallery via RFID chips embedded in the tournament badges, but they will not be linked to a person's identity. Also:

Other measures outlined in Sullivan's plan included limited clubhouse access, no grandstands, no cash transactions, temperature checks and elimination of all adult beverage and soda sales.

One month left! All seems to be on track. MLB looking at a July start has me more confident we might pull this off!

How in the world are they not going to let caddies touch golf clubs?

How in the world are they not going to let caddies touch golf clubs?
Why in the world would they not let caddies touch golf clubs? If the caddie and player both test negative, what's the risk?

Apparently they are also going to pull flagsticks.

PGA TOUR gonna have a HUGE PR issue to deal with.

I wonder when the players, caddies, and everyone else involved will be subjected to the testing? I would think they would need to be subjected multiple times after arriving unless they are quarantined at the tournament in a bubble per say. All the same hotel, no family, no travel outside the bubble, no movement out of a testing area. Otherwise the testing would become mute and need to start again.

Has there been any reports of what PGA’s plan is and what players are on board?

I so want this to work because everyone is watching and many other sports will be trying to play after. What is learned now from the small UFC fights, to the PGA, to European soccer will all help the four major sports get back to playing. I hope the PGA does a great job with this.

Here's the plan for PGA Tour tournaments including 4 ways of testing players each week.
Those are pretty rigorous procedures, hard to criticize them. But somebody will....

Unexpected consequence, and not sure how they get round it. Shows why the Open was cancelled.

Personally I can't wait for a pro to "lose" a ball in the rough or under a tree when they"know" exactly where it should be and there is no OB or hazard around. Too bad they wont have their dozens of fans helping them search.... welcome to the rest of us and walk on back to your tee box good sir. :devilish:

I would expect they would have to quarantine when they go back as well. Likely, we'll see them effectively move here for the summer to play. The visa story will be an interesting one, if the visa offices are even open?

Good to see the World #1 will play the first 3 events... hope more big names will follow

Adam Scott holding out first couple months of Tour’s return for safety reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the international players sitting a few weeks/months out. I think I saw Lee Westwood was sitting out s few weeks too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the international players sitting a few weeks/months out. I think I saw Lee Westwood was sitting out s few weeks too.
I just read an article last night saying Westwood was going to sit it out for a while. I'm sure the international players will be more affected than the ones living in the states.

The Memorial will track the gallery via RFID chips embedded in the tournament badges, but they will not be linked to a person's identity. Also:
While they might not directly be tied to identity, they will know exactly who purchased each badge. Even as a volunteer there for the last couple of years they keep a pretty good tracking on who badges are issued to and can track backwards if there is any issue.

I wonder what the argument is. Safety specific, I don't think it's that hard to be smart and safe on the course.

More thought needs to go into a decision like this. Feels very Olympics + Zika to me.

Back