First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I can't really complain about these numbers at all. ZipCore with Vero X1

i-CpQ2hC2-X3.jpg

I can't really complain about these numbers at all. ZipCore with Vero X1

i-CpQ2hC2-X3.jpg
Those are going to DANCE when they hit the green (y)

Where you guys buying these wedges, or are you all testers?

Awesome pics GraniteRoost!
Few testers for sure but the pre orders have already shipped in most cases.

While not necessarily a review about the wedges. I am a big fan of this spinner shaft.. It has great feel.

While not necessarily a review about the wedges. I am a big fan of this spinner shaft.. It has great feel.
Same here. So stable on partial, as well as full shots. I always struggled with full wedge shots, but this has been a revelation, which I attribute to the head and shaft combination.

LOL! How so buddy?

I wend with mid in 54 & 60, which is right for probably 80% of the year around me. I do wonder whether I should have a low bounce option for courses with tighter lies around the greens though.

Mine should get here today... Going to get them gripped up and in the bag for this weekend.

It’s been a criminally overlooked thing thus far imo. I know people are comfortable with what they are comfortable with, but this is a hell of a wedge shaft.

I've been waiting a long time for an updated spinner shaft and I'm so happy it's finally here.

My bread and butter game is from 120 in, so naturally there is an interest, however my bag now is a hodge podge mixture of Cleveland, Titleist, and PXG with shaft mixtures between DG Spinner, MMT and Steelfiber. I know it's weird, but it work's for me. I do like the shape of these and the available low bounce. These will be tested.

It’s been a criminally overlooked thing thus far imo. I know people are comfortable with what they are comfortable with, but this is a hell of a wedge shaft.

I was a fan of the previous spinner. I know I am in the minority, but I liked it. This is a nice upgrade.

I was a fan of the previous spinner. I know I am in the minority, but I liked it. This is a nice upgrade.

Im not sure on the minority part in general as so many loved that shaft, me included. I think since that time, more people are getting fit and/or paying attention to shafts now, and have particular wants.

I think the pairing here is exceptional honestly.

I can't say enough good things about the zipcore low bounce 60*. It is amazingly versatile around a green. I picked it up as an experiment. Love that thing. I was looking at my 50* and 54* MD5 JAWS wedges and visualizing zipcore replacements. And I am very fond of my JAWS wedges.

I also love the Modus 125 wedge shaft. That was another experiment. Good to hear positive feedback on the stock shaft.

62 degree hitting a few shots.

C9D6209B-1709-4440-888C-81ED9E6CEE6F.png

The ZipCores I ordered are official on their way, and should be in hand by Monday. I am really excited to experience the hype first hand.

Reactions: JB
The ZipCores I ordered are official on their way, and should be in hand by Monday. I am really excited to experience the hype first hand.

x 2...got my tracking this morning 🚀

Chip in from 30 yards for a birdie with the 54*. Turf interaction is awesome with these

I won't be able to keep up with some of the photos on here, so just words for now. I got mine in yesterday. I ordered grip in box since I was planning on regripping soon anyways (moved up to this week lol). Did take them out and get a look at them though in comparison to my MD4s.

At address the top line looks just a tiny bit bigger than the MD4s, but not sure if that is the satin finish on the ZCs vs. the black MD4s. Regardless It wasn't enough to throw me any. At address these look great to me. I'm not a hater of the bulge they added to the top of the wedge, but you can't tell it's there when looking down at them. We've all seen the pictures, but the groove density was apparent the second I saw them. Can't wait to see how that translates to play out of the lies I usually end up in as I seem to miss in the rough more than fairways around greens. I was messing around with opening them up and didn't see any jarring differences on the carpet but hard to say until you hit them. I'm sure that there will be some adjustment but nothing about the look of these makes me feel in the least bit trepidatious.

Finally, I've always been a darker finish fan on wedges, but grabbed the satins because I didn't want to wait. Will see how they hold up to use and look outdoors, but they look like they should blend in real well with my CF19 irons.

Lots of confidence with ZipCore. This was a tricky 80 yds bunker shot with the 54 Mid. Mopped it tight and cane out lower but tons of Zip. Landed just short of the pin took a giant hop and stopped hard a bit past the pin. 👌🏻
19F867D1-2F43-4AAA-BCFF-B5C98D620CB8.jpeg

Also mixing a little more Cleveland Srixon in the bag today 😍
5C9FBBB8-6005-495E-A686-4FA5424FE0DE.jpeg

Those of you who pre-ordered to your homes: Have any of you actually received the wedges today? If so, I'll reach out to my local club to make them aware that the "Launch Date" may have been moved up in some cases, and to keep their eyes out for my new Bling :D
Just bought a 56* Zipcore today at the pro shop where I'm a member. Put it in hand and added it to my renewed membership. I get 20% off merchandise. Looks & feels so good. Playing tomorrow and we see if it knocks out the RTX Full face 56* wedge.

Ok, do I ditch my RTX4 wedges for the Zipcores? My 54 mid is pretty rock solid from 90 yds. Still dialing in my 58 mid for full shot distances.

My zipcore 50* is a few yards longer than my normal 50* (other brands). Par 5, pin was tucked back left about ~120yards. PW would have bounced over green. Stuck it pin high with the 50* for a chance at birdie.

I wish I had a better chance at my local course to test out the zipcores from the bunkers. Unfortunately, the bunkers are actually just piles of dirt and rocks so I don't think any of that would count and will just gash up the wedges.

I'm a little annoyed! I currently game RTX 4 raw 50 and 56 both in mid, with S400 shafts.
I would love to take advantage of the current offer of personalization but it's only a US thing by the looks. Can't do it on the UK/EU website.
Was looking at a Zipcore 60 full, bent to 61, s400 tour issue onyx to finish the wedges/bag off!

I used to dread green side bunkers. With the 60 deg low they have become an easy up and down. For this reason alone the ZipCore will remain in my bag. Open that baby up and let we rip, or Zip. ;)

Back