EXPERIENCE The 2020 Titleist Vokey and Golf Ball Experience

It look like @ddstanford, @Doubleb21, and @Bryndom have their sets in. @AnthonyC and I have each received one. @ddec either hasn't received any or he's waiting to be the last one to make the big reveal as we don't know what he did for his.🤔

It look like @ddstanford, @Doubleb21, and @Bryndom have their sets in. @AnthonyC and I have each received one. @ddec either hasn't received any or he's waiting to be the last one to make the big reveal as we don't know what he did for his.🤔

Looking forward to seeing all of the other wedges that are coming in. You guys have some creative talent they look great!

Hope you guys get them soon. I'm almost to the place where I'm used to them. Made good progress with the 52 and 56 yesterday which were hitting 100 and 80 yards respectively, just what I needed. Still need work on the 60 degree from green side rough.

Well I finally got to hit a few with the new wedge last night. I hit about 5 on the range. I would have hit more but they had us on mats so I took a few balls over to the edge of the range to hit off the turf. With the S400 shaft they really seemed to launch high. Higher than my 50* SM7 with the S200 shaft. The last one I did try to flight a little lower which I did though I pullled it a little. On the course I hit it 3 times. The first was into the wind from about 120-125. The battery to my rangefinder died so I didn't have the exact distance. I flighted it and pulled it slightly and ended up about 15-18ft short left of the hole. The next was our par 3 8th which was 167 yards. It plays a club short do to being downhill and was also playing downwind. I probably should have hit a soft PW but I wanted to hit the wedge. I was hoping to hit it high like on the range and let it just ride the wind. Unfortunately I caught it low and thin on the face. I think my divot was a full two inches in front of the tee that was left in the ground. It was a little pull as well but it still managed to carry the water and land on the front left of the green about 50 ft. from the pin. Two putted for par. The 9th hole I was left with about 107 from light rough into the stout wind. I hit a little choked down flighted shot which I pushed about 5 yards. It was pin high on the right of the green leaving me a tough breaking birdie putt from about 15 ft.

I wish I would have gotten some pictures of my shots but my phone almost died before the round started so I had it charging in the cart. Not to mention at 100* we were trying to play fast. One thing I did notice about it compared to the SM7 is that it looks a little smaller. Not sure if that is just an optical illusion due to the jet black finish or not. I can't wait until the other two come in so I can really get some work in with them. The 49* does not typically get a lot of play at my home course but I know the 54 and 58 will.

I got to hit a few more on the range last night. They were flying high and where I wanted to go. I only got to hit one with it as we were playing a 9 hole 2 man scramble. That was from a bad lie trying to take some off but still clear trees. I didn't make a great swing and caught the trees but it was straight. Hopefully I can get a few more shots in with it tomorrow morning. I may have to lay up with some irons to that distance to get them though lol. Overall I'm very happy with the little look and feel. Can't wait to get the other 2 wedges in.

I know @ddec and @AnthonyC must be ready for their wedges just like me.

Similar to Anthony, I received a little swag package from Titleist. Custom Pro V1 golf balls. Some coatsers(which I love), hat, divot tool, ball marker, and a decal. Very cool to see. #24 because it's Leo's birthday and the dog bone obviously for my girl Lexie. If you remember seeing my wedge designs, they were family related and the golf ball is along the same lines.

BD83FBAE-45FE-43D8-8F32-194D68CCB12B.jpeg

122C2990-8CE6-44AE-A6A4-BEF3F04F3423.jpeg

58E44B4D-E6E1-4C06-9EC5-8A26B9A546C6.jpeg

4F6AA17D-66F4-4FB3-864E-AD12C05F4143.jpeg

089393C7-0F9F-4C8C-A172-71A7532296B2.jpeg

I was feeling a bit low this week wishing we had got to play some golf and get to meet Bob when an awesome package came in!

Didn’t expect even more swag after everything got cancelled - very thankful to THP and Titleist for making my week!

A great Vokey Design hat and sticker

79AD8593-F298-4F5D-94BD-11406A4898F6.jpeg

Some chipping disks to use for practicing a variety of shots

E0E8CACE-EE9C-420A-AC0D-EF2B400CB8BA.jpeg

Titleist gea
32EDEA2D-3E48-4A45-A6FD-C0B791E6AF0E.jpeg

A fantastic looking divot tool and bottle opener!

C50E8173-26A9-404F-AA46-2A2F110F70DA.jpeg

And, of course, custom dozen ProV1s with a THP alignment aid

0CE35FE5-1120-4863-B1C6-D04ACD6F1663.jpeg

Thank you THP and Titleist!!!!!

My Titleist package also arrived today! A huge thank you to @JB and @GolferGal and the folks at Titleist for all of the cool swag we got. Even though are event did not get to happen Titleist went above and beyond for us. My SM8's are amazing and my favorite clubs in my bag. Had I not been drawn to go to this event I might of never tried them. I LOVE the chipping disc set that will be fun to use when out practicing!
vokey.jpgvokey1.jpgvokey2.jpgvokey3.jpgvokey4.jpgvokey5.JPGvokey7.jpg

Those divot tools are awesome! 😍

So glad you guys like the swag.

Yeah the divot tool is pretty damn awesome

More like LOVE!
Great. We know it’s been a trying year and those that got into THP Experiences might have missed some fun. So we are trying our best to make up for it by refunding of course and then still giving them that THP Experience feel with the goodies.

Got mine in yesterday too! Didn’t have a chance to snap as many pictures as I was heading to the course for a tee time. I did wear the cap which is awesome! Hoping the divot tool, ball mark, and a sleeve of balls will bring me some good luck in our club championship next weekend! I’m thinking they may all be used only for big tournaments!
4C784534-4586-4FC8-9CB8-A091B3C058B1.jpeg896AB759-C5C5-4BD9-9280-57CB2F5394D6.jpeg

Great. We know it’s been a trying year and those that got into THP Experiences might have missed some fun. So we are trying our best to make up for it by refunding of course and then still giving them that THP Experience feel with the goodies.
It was disappointing to not get the chance to travel (would have been my first time to New England), play with fellow THP'ers, and meet Bob Vokey and the other Titleist guys. Y'all have been amazing trying to make up for it and I know we all appreciate it. I have been showing off the new wedges to great response and trying to recruit some guys to join the forum!

Those Swag packs are killer.

it’s been tough but you and @GolferGal went above and beyond. So thanks and I’m sure the folks that were lucky enough to be picked will have other opportunities to experience THP events in the future!

Back