Favorite Protein Powders?

Is that good?
I wasn’t sure going in, but was intrigued. To me it is, but I think it will be a bit polarizing.

For Vegan flavors, my go to remains Planta, which is my favorite powder to date

I wasn’t sure going in, but was intrigued. To me it is, but I think it will be a bit polarizing.

For Vegan flavors, my go to remains Planta, which is my favorite powder to date

Definitely a bit out there... Lick the batter off finger when an accidental dip happens sure drink 16oz glass of it... Hmmm

Next question why vegan?

Definitely a bit out there... Lick the batter off finger when an accidental dip happens sure drink 16oz glass of it... Hmmm

Next question why vegan?

I can’t do whey protein, so if we want to both be able to use it, it has to be dairy free protein.

Next question why vegan?
GG mentioned it. She can’t do dairy. But also as the flavors improve (there are some terrible plant based) they leave me feeling a little better.

GG mentioned it. She can’t do dairy. But also as the flavors improve (there are some terrible plant based) they leave me feeling a little better.
Agreed tried some vegan on a trial /sample... Nope not happening...

I can’t do whey protein, so if we want to both be able to use it, it has to be dairy free protein.
My wife doesn't have intolerance problems or anything, but she absolutely haaaates the taste of whey protein. Any of them. Of all the ones I've used (and the list is long), there has never been one that she could stand. Not in shakes, protein bars, anything. So if she does protein powder, she chooses her own and I can 100% guarantee it won't be dairy based.

This stuff tastes exactly pancake batter.

View attachment 8995681
Good call!! Ghost makes the best protein and products IMO

I have multiple bottles of every flavor and they're all damn good. The Chips Ahoy was pretty disappointing but other than that everything has been delicious

Agreed tried some vegan on a trial /sample... Nope not happening...
Yeah, I tried some that was Pea Protein and that was not happening.
Too much pea flavored.

Yeah, I tried some that was Pea Protein and that was not happening.
Too much pea flavored.
Gotta watch out for autocorrect on that kind of protein.

So I am now drinking the Ghost Pancake Batter with some strawberries added and have to say out of the brands we have (and have mentioned in this thread) this is my least favorite. Going back to Planta for the Vegan stuff as it tastes FAR superior and has a way better consistency.

So I am now drinking the Ghost Pancake Batter with some strawberries added and have to say out of the brands we have (and have mentioned in this thread) this is my least favorite. Going back to Planta for the Vegan stuff as it tastes FAR superior and has a way better consistency.

Quoting myself here as this afternoon had a BodyTech Apple Jacks flavor and the taste and texture were light years better than the Ghost. That bottle will go to the backup pile haha.

Tried my second flavor of Planta today and it is fantastic.

IMG_6903.jpeg

View attachment 8996055
Does it taste very sweet? With a name like banana maple French toast it sounds awfully sweet just wondering if it translates that way when the shake is made.

also - big fan of that packaging, kudos to the team that designed that

So I use this about 4 days a week. I mix it with milk and have it as a mid morning snack. Filling and tastes great. Although, I just tried the peanut butter chocolate one and it tastes like I'm drinking a Reese's cup! It's relatively inexpensive too and lasts me a while. I am lifting as well, so this is a good supplement.
Capture.PNG

Does it taste very sweet? With a name like banana maple French toast it sounds awfully sweet just wondering if it translates that way when the shake is made.

also - big fan of that packaging, kudos to the team that designed that

Its fairly sweet, but not milkshake sweet if that makes sense.

How do you prepare your smoothies? Do you blend it with other ingredients?

Depends on the time. If I am skipping breakfast and looking for something quick, yes, blended with frozen berries.
If its after lunch and I ate light and need something to hold me over? Powder and water.

Its fairly sweet, but not milkshake sweet if that makes sense.

Depends on the time. If I am skipping breakfast and looking for something quick, yes, blended with frozen berries.
If its after lunch and I ate light and need something to hold me over? Powder and water.
I have had a hard time finding a protein powder that mixes well with water in the fact of taste, so I switched to skim milk. If I could find one that tastes good mixed with water, I would probably make the switch. Less calories, but still get the effect of the protein powder.

View attachment 8996055

Interesting flavor. The plant proteins I have tried in the past have tended to be gritty and not blend well. How did this one do? Did you mix it with something or just straight water?

Interesting flavor. The plant proteins I have tried in the past have tended to be gritty and not blend well. How did this one do? Did you mix it with something or just straight water?

Me too and worse yet, they were all gross.
This one tastes great and is not gritty. So there is that.
But it does have sucralose, which I prefer to Stevia, but some might not.

Cellucor Whey Chocolate flavor. Tastes great and quality product.

Used to use EAS 100% whey. Two scoops for 30 something grams of protein. Unfortunately they stopped manufacturing protein powders a couple of years ago (one of my friends is a pharmaceutical researcher and picked that one out for me for the amino acid profile a while back). Started using Premier Protein chocolate and it taste good and mixes good but has more cholesterol than I wanted in 2 scoops. Now I use one scoop of the Premier with one scoop of Orgain Peanut Butter and one scoop Orgain collagen peptides. Gives me about 40 grams of protein and generally mixes pretty well (note: the new orgain mixes much better than previous versions).

So I use this about 4 days a week. I mix it with milk and have it as a mid morning snack. Filling and tastes great. Although, I just tried the peanut butter chocolate one and it tastes like I'm drinking a Reese's cup! It's relatively inexpensive too and lasts me a while. I am lifting as well, so this is a good supplement.
View attachment 8996057

I posted earlier in the thread about an independent lab test of commercially available protein powders and this one was the worst in the test. According to the report it only contained 43% of the listed protein content. I used to use this powder, because it was cheap, but realized I would need to take twice as much to get the listed protein amount. Look at Optimum or Trutein, those 2 were closest to their labeled protein content in the analysis.

I posted earlier in the thread about an independent lab test of commercially available protein powders and this one was the worst in the test. According to the report it only contained 43% of the listed protein content. I used to use this powder, because it was cheap, but realized I would need to take twice as much to get the listed protein amount. Look at Optimum or Trutein, those 2 were closest to their labeled protein content in the analysis.
Interesting. Guess I will be switching out protein powder when I finish this tub.

Back