Search results for query: *

1. Junkyard

Will Spiked Shoes Become Obsolete?

It's no secret that the availability of spiked shoes is getting less and less with every new release. Greens-keepers and golfers alike loathed steel spikes for years due to the damage they did to greens. The industry shifted to plastic spikes, which were designed to have less of an impact on...
  2. Junkyard

The Prequel to Jank+Nate-Fest - Join Junkyard for a Round!

I figured I'd throw up a separate thread to avoid confusion with the main thread for this gathering. I know that myself and @Browndog are arriving early and I am currently working on securing us times for a Thursday round together. I've seen posts about others possibly arriving early, so I...
  3. Junkyard

Photo Heavy Course Photo of the Day: The Club at Mediterra South Course Edition

Located in Naples FL is the 1600 acre master-planned Mediterra community that features not one, but two 18-hole golf courses designed by Tom Fazio. Having been travelling to the area for over ten years to golf, Mediterra was certainly one of the private facilities I never expected to have the...
  4. Junkyard

Largest Green Fee Increase?

I received an email yesterday from a local-ish course that I've played in the past advertising a 10-pack prepaid package at a cost of $1,750.00 which is $175/round savings. I'd never paid more than $100 to play this course in the past, so I thought to myself "that must be a typo". Checking...
  5. Junkyard

Another OC takeaway: Is your best golf behind you?

Secretly I think @Canadan drops these little nuggets during every episode of Off Course (the original) and waits to see if anyone picks up on it. He made the comment today while conversing with Dean that although he was at peace with turning 40 in 2024, the thought that his best golf was behind...
  6. Junkyard

What did you make on your last hole of 2023?

Today's Off Course got me thinking when @Canadan mentioned that his final hole of 2023 that came as a bonus thanks to mother nature was a birdie - I wonder what others might have made?
  7. Junkyard

NYE: What time will you be in bed?

As the title suggests, I'm curious what time everyone plans to call it a night for 2023. I've never been a night owl myself, nor have I ever understood the attraction of New Year's Eve, so I'm usually in bed by 10. What about you?
  8. Junkyard

December 25 to 29, 2023

I was driving into the setting sun this afternoon (at 4:45 pm I might add) and got to thinking - our offices always shut down the week between Christmas and New Years. Now I know people have family commitments, and this year Christmas is on the Monday which shortens the week a bit, but I'm...
  9. Junkyard

For Sale Cleaning House - Golf Items Free to a Good Home

Doing some housecleaning and besides discovering that I have way more golf balls and golf hats than I thought was possible, I came across some golf clothing that might be appreciated by another THPer or two. All of the items shown below are available without cost to any Albatross member on a...
  10. Junkyard

Following THPers You,ve Met

We've had a few threads lately asking about THPers you've met, or which ones you'd like to meet, etc. It got me thinking - once you've met another member, do you pay more attention to their activity on the forum? I met @MWard while I was in Florida, and it actually made me feel bad about him...
  11. Junkyard

CONTEST Junkyard's Florida Swing - Breaking 80

So I am in Florida on a golf vacation until the 20th of October, and I want to run a little contest. Entry will remain open from the time this thread goes live until 11:59 pm tomorrow Oct 10. Entry is simple - just indicate that you want in. In return, for each round that I break 80 I will...
  12. Junkyard

Roadtrip - What's Your Attire?

Okay, so you're heading out on a road trip. You might be heading from home to a state 23 hours away, or you could be driving several states over to play a round of golf. If you're going to be in the vehicle for, let's say 4 hours as a baseline what are you most likely to wear? Do you go with...
  13. Junkyard

I Need a Safe Space THP

I'm going to be extremely selfish for a moment and nestle myself into this small corner of THP because I need a safe space right now. It's been a pretty eventful day, and it's only 12:28. I knew this day would eventually come, I just expected that it would happen differently. But given the...
  14. Junkyard

How Many Hats Currently In Your Rotation?

So I've been thinking about this thread for a while, and decided to finally pull the trigger. It's no secret around these parts that we like our golf hats, be it Puma, Travis Matthew, etc. I for one have more hats than I think I could possibly ever wear. But I'm curious, how many do are you...
  15. Junkyard

Pick Your Ideal Public Trip

Choose one from each column to create your ideal public course trip:
  16. Junkyard

You Can Only Pick 3

You can only pick three - which three are you taking?
  17. Junkyard

Pins and Aces: South Park Collection

I didn't see this posted, and I think we have some fans here on the forum. Pins and Aces with a South Park collection:
  18. Junkyard

Making the Turn: Who Has Priority?

I am pretty certain we discussed this a while back, but a search didn't turn anything up. We had a situation this morning where I think the starter made a mistake. We were the first group out on the Woods nine, which turns to the Lakes nine. We played in 1:48, and just as we started to walk...
  19. Junkyard

@Hibs Needs a New Avatar

Okay, so I know that I have neither the seniority or popularity here to justify a thread like this, but I do know that David Hibler is a THP legend. Whoops, Captain David Hibler. Is anyone else disappointed that he's currently using a solid color avatar? He's used some killer photos in the...
  20. Junkyard

Who was the first THPer you met in person?

Title says it all. For me it was @Golfers Anonymous
Back