Search results for query: *

1. Jimmy3864

How do you dial in driver w/o technology?

I do not have a simulator or easy access to a trackman, GC3/4or other high tech golf simulator and was wondering how those in similar situation quickly determine the optimal settings for their driver? I will admit when I have hit drivers indoors on a simulator at a Golftown, I do not hit it...
  2. Jimmy3864

Wanted: Treatment to avoid nightly leg (calf) cramps

I have very tight, huge calves…. I mean I put Phil Mickelson to shame. When I get a calf cramp which occur 99% of the time in the middle of the night while asleep lying in bed, it is excruciating to get out of bed and place weight on heel to release muscle. That is part 1 but the side effect...
  3. Jimmy3864

The Masters 2023

With the Masters on in 3 weeks, let’s start it off with their new promo. I really like it.
  4. Jimmy3864

Full Swing (Netflix) - Who’s watching?

On February 15th, the Netflix series “Full Swing” makes its’ debut. Along the lines of the successful Formula 1 series, “Drive to Survive”, it should give us golf nerds an extra fix. I am looking forward to it as it is more behind the scenes and lots of LIV developments. Here’s the trailer...
  5. Jimmy3864

Anyone eat porridge?

I grew up as a kid eating porridge especially in the winter months. I probably gave it up for 50 years and started back at it last year as part of my over-winter weight reduction program. With microwaves cooking is fast and within 90 seconds followed by a sprinkling with dark brown sugar and...
  6. Jimmy3864

How many golf courses within 30 minutes of home?

Title says it all…. How many golf courses within 30 minutes of your house?
  7. Jimmy3864

Anyone gaming a 2 Hybrid?

I really love my 2021 Apex Pro 5 Hybrid and this past week and I picked up on eBay a really great deal on a used Apex Pro 2 Hybrid. I was looking for a 3 hybrid but this was too good to pass up and I have no problem getting the ball elevated either of the tee or fairway so I said what the heck...
  8. Jimmy3864

Your last 10 years in irons?

I was reading another thread and it got me thinking. One of the many traits of THP’ers is we love our equipment. I am a huge fan of irons. I thought it would be fun if I could list out my iron sets for the last 10 years. I know @OldandStiff will outmatch most of us but thought it would be...
  9. Jimmy3864

Best Back Scratcher

With winter fast approaching I find I am prone to dry skin inevitably and as a result one of the irritants is I get an itchy back. The most desirable option of course is to ask my better half to help me out but if my honey-do list is not up to date I’ll get the old “use a door jamb” 🤪. As a...
  10. Jimmy3864

Driver ? - Would you not purchase driver based on look/colour of sole

I pose this question because when you see a new driver hit the USGA site, the picture is always of the sole and then the comments start firing in all directions based on how it looks. It almost seems like people decide based on the sole that the driver is not going to perform well or is just...
  11. Jimmy3864

WTB Fujikura Ventus Blue Velcore 5R Driver shaft

Just throwing this out in case someone has one not in use and wants to move it. Doesn’t matter if has adapter or not although if installed with current Callaway would be a bonus. Appreciate.
  12. Jimmy3864

Do you play golf with a sun-blocking wide brim hat?

With the ozone layer getting thinner and skin “C” continuing to appear to be growing I finally broke down and ordered a Coolibar Fore Golf hat to provide more protection than my baseball style golf caps. I just seen in recent years too many friends starting to get treatment from probably life...
  13. Jimmy3864

Experience re-painting Clicgear 3.5 Wheels?

My wife has a 4 year old Clicgear 3.5 with orange wheels (don’t ask). Anyway this past Christmas I bought her a new Callaway Org14 cart bag which of course is grey/black with pink accents. Long story I have been asked if I can change the colour of the wheels. Anyway I thought I would reach...
  14. Jimmy3864

Ever get Fist Pump/High5 from a Pro?

I was just watching the credits at the end of the 3rd round of the TOC and they showed a young fan getting a fist pump from DJ and the kid was over-the-top giddy with the experience. I really think it is cool when the pros go out of their way to enhance the experience for their fans...
  15. Jimmy3864

WTB LF - Ballistic Rose & Fire Headcovers

Throwing this out there if anyone has a good condition used set of Rose & Fire black ballistic headcovers laying around gathering dust who may want to move them. If you have something of interest, please PM me. Thanks.
  16. Jimmy3864

What’s your next AW/GW - Irons match or Traditional?

Is it just me or do I see that more and more golfers are buying their new iron set with the matching GW/AW. I know that over the years most OEM’s in select sets have offered the option of a GW/AW but typically now it seems like a large majority offer this specialty club as just another set...
  17. Jimmy3864

Best swing change in 2019

With the year pretty well over up here, reflecting back on my year the one golf nugget that I added to my swing this year that paid big dividends was “tempo”. I go in stages each year but partway through this year I. Ace the commitment to myself that this was the one element I was going to...
  18. Jimmy3864

End of season Golf Shoe Cleanup/Tune-up

As the season winds up in my locale (Ontario, Canada) I usually spend a quiet weekend morning during the winter down on my workbench putting my shoes through an end of season tune-up and scrub so they are ready for the next season. I’ll replace worn soft spikes, dig out embedded grass and use a...
  19. Jimmy3864

Do you align your ball on the tee?

I am not sure if I am superstitious but when I tee up the ball I always rotate the golf ball so at setup all I see is white. I don’t want to see any logo, lettering or other markings when looking down at the ball. Once ball is in play I have no control over positioning and doesn’t seem to...
  20. Jimmy3864

TT Elevate 95 vs Recoil vs Aerotech FC90 vs Aerotech i95

Looking for some user experience, particularly relative to how the True Temper Elevate compare to the graphite options listed. As background, I played 2 seasons with Aerotech i95 Regular in a set of Srixon 545’s and had no issues, then moved on for past 3 years in Recoil SW Black F4 in Cobra...
Back