Search results for query: *

1. Mckeon

Pittsburgh?

Greetings Team Paradise, I'm moving to the Pittsburgh area in mid September and I'd like to hook up with any local "for fun" golf associations / clubs. Anyone in the area that can give me a recommendation?
  2. Mckeon

Complete Nike set, Good Price?

Greeting Team Paradise, I'm facing the prospect of being 3.5 months without my sticks (military TDY travel). I've been looking for a set of "interim" / "travel" clubs to fill in the gap but wasn't looking to spend a lot of $$$. The pro at my course told me he has a demo set of 2015 Nike Vapor...
  3. Mckeon

Big Bertha vs. SLDR?

Any thoughts? I saw a test on You Tube that said the SLDR had the distance advantage but I was wondering about some other factors... Which one's sliding weight is more effective? Forgiveness?
  4. Mckeon

Is the Wilson Duo Magic?

First off let me say that I have played the duo before and thought it was an ok ball, but it was a little soft for my taste and I even lost ~15-20 yards on my drive (I think my regular swing speed was too fast: Swing speed for my Driver is 100-105 ). Well this week I was playing with a...
  5. Mckeon

Why Not Change Balls Between Holes?

I played in a weekend local tournament (Points based on Bogie, Par, Birdie, ect...) The Course starts off with a Par 5 then a narrow Par4 and a short Par 3. Well I started with a Taylor Made Super Deep (to get extra distance for the Par 5). Then on the Par 4 I declared a ball change, to a...
  6. Mckeon

Is it trashy...?

When someone asks to use one of your clubs? Does this bother anyone else? I take very good care of my clubs and it just bugs me when someone wants to try my driver... To this day I still have a small scuff on the top of my Nike from somone "trying" my driver (its the only scuff on my driver...
  7. Mckeon

Anyone Use High Loft Hybrids?

My wife has a 7i hybrid and on a whim I took it to the range today... Its almost impossible to miss-hit that thing... Does anyone on here use 7-pw hybrids? If so what are your thougts?
  8. Mckeon

Can Handicap Really Vary This Much From Course To Course???

Sometimes I wonder about the entire slope rating thing... I play in two different tournament groups and each carries their own T-CAP rating for tournaments... At Pacific Grove Golf Links 67.8 / 118 Im playing to an 23.4 Handicap... (Best score here is an 88) At Monterey Pines Golf Club...
  9. Mckeon

Honest Question: Is it time for a new golf association for "amateur" golfers?

Honest Question: Is it time for a new golf association for "amateur" golfers? Is it just me or does it seem like the USGA only makes rules for the Top .1% of golfers at the expense of the other 99.9% of golfers? For Example: The Top .1% can put too much spin on a ball so lets outlaw square...
  10. Mckeon

If You Had A Magic Wand, What Part Of Your Game Would You Fix?

For me its easy... Putting, I get told all the time I strike the ball like a single digit handicap player, then people see me on the green For example Sunday's round: 9 Birdie puts, results = 0 birdies, 4 pars, 5 bogies... In almost any round I will miss 2-3, three foot or less puts...
  11. Mckeon

Let it Begin!!!!

Wife is leaving town for 1 week... I'll miss her but while she is gone I plan on getting 18-36 holes a day!!! This morning, Pacific Grove Golf Links, it sucks having to golf in Monterey =p And this afternoon Black horse (PGA Championship Course)!
Back