Search results for query: *

1. esg777

Nike future in the golf business

With all the rumors of Nike and Tiger parting ways and Nike Golf being sold Srixon/Cleveland sales team. It seems to me Nike is down shifting in the golf business. Being a child of the 80’s I am Nike kid. I am not big fan of the apparel but the do own 5 pairs of Nike Golf shoes. I love and...
  2. esg777

Heading to Boca

So, I am heading to Boca with my kids for New years to see my parents. I am hoping to sneak out and get a round in. My parents are living in a community with a golf course, but my parents do not play and haven't joined the club. In your experience is there any way to get on the course in their...
  3. esg777

Re-gripping tips

I am thinking about re-gripping my clubs for the first time. Do you have any tips for me? What do I need to re-grip my clubs.
  4. esg777

If you could have any sneaker built into a golf shoe, what model would it be?

As we all are seeing major athletic brands like Nike, Adidas, New Balance and Puma are taking iconic sneaker silhouettes and building them into golf shoes . Nike/Jordan have made the Air Max 1, Air Max 95 and a slew of Jordans into golf shoes. Adidas has just released the Ultra Boost Runner...
  5. esg777

We talking about practice

Living in the northeast as we hit November the golf season ends here unless your brave enough to play in under 50* temps. The lowest temp i will play in is 50*. So I am going to practice all winter at a heated range that is 25 minutes each way from my house. My 2nd option is hitting local...
  6. esg777

Bend Wedge 2* flat

So I saw on social media bending your wedges 2* flat will help with pulling your wedges left. I miss left with wedges and I am seriously thinking of doing this. Has anyone bent there wedges 2* flat and have seen more success with there gap, lob and sand wedges
  7. esg777

New Driver buy or not buy

So I am looking at my bag and thinking of updating my Driver. It is working well but it is a Cobra Rad speed, which is a few years old. I was wondering if I will see some added distance and or consistency in the newest drivers. i would get fit for a new driver. Do you think I will see a...
  8. esg777

Match play Giving 9 strokes

So I am playing in a Men's club event at my local course open to all handicaps. We both won our 1st round matches. I am 13 and beat a 9 and he is 22 but beat 5 handicap. I am giving 9 strokes to him. Any ideas on strategy? My strategy is I cannot lose any of the holes we playing straight up...
  9. esg777

Practice at Home

Hello! So I just moved to a house with a ton of space outdoors. So, I was thinking of buying a net and mat to practice at home, so i do not have drive 25 minutes to the range. I have personal launch monitor so I could see what is happening with the ball. I was wondering what net's and...
  10. esg777

For Sale Moving sales!! Shoes, More shoes, Oakleys , Grips and Arccos Smart grips

I have moved another man's trash is another man treasure. I have 7 pairs of Puma shoes to sell, A pair Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses, Golf prizm lenses, extra lenses and a case. A couple of sets of grips. All prices include shipping. I would prefer Venmo but have Pay Pal and Zelle...
  11. esg777

Wedge shaft matching irons shaft

Thinking of changing my wedge shafts to the same in my irons. Does anyone play there wedges that way? Love to hear your thoughts about this?
  12. esg777

Fitting Results

So i went to Golf Galaxy near me and was messing around in a bay hitting clubs. I spoke with the master fitter and he impressed me and booked a fitting with him. Here is some background info: My current set is the Cobra Froged Tec 2019 5-GW in Copper with the KBS-C Taper Lite stiff shafts...
  13. esg777

Pondering some bag changes

So my current bag set up: Driver: Cobra Rad Speed 3W: Cobra Rad Speed Big Tour Hybrids: Rad Speed 19* & 21* Irons: Forged Tec 5-gw (copper finish) Wedges: Titleist SM 8 54* & 60* Putter: Cobra Vintage Nova 40 Full disclosure I did work for certain OEM on the lifestyle side of the business...
  14. esg777

In the market for a new RangeFinder

i am looking to replace my Bushnell V2 rangefinder, which has lasted for over 10 years. There are ton of rangefinders in the market. I would love to hear what rangefinder your using and if you like the rangefinder? TIA
  15. esg777

For Sale 2022 Cobra Forged TEC 5-gw for Sale

I am selling my 2022 Cobra Forged TEC 5-GW KBS C- Taper Light Stiff Shafts 1/2 an inch short, with MidSize Golf Pride Multi compound grips that have Arccos sensors. I have Played 2 Rounds with these and 2 Range sessions. As you can see By the pictures below they are mint condition. I am...
  16. esg777

F/S Cobra King MIM Black Finish 54* and 60* Wedges for sale with True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Shafts & HZRDUS BLUE Stiff Driver and 3w new shafts

I have a 54* and 60* Cobra King MIM wedges for sale with Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shaft standard length . The 54* wedges grind is Versatile 10* bounce and 60* is the Classic grind with 11* of bounce. The Grips are Cobra Connect Lamkin Crossline with 4 wraps with Arccos sensors included. I am...
  17. esg777

In the market for new Rangefinder

I am in the market for a new rangefinder. It is time to retire my Bushnell V2 . I am asking for recommendations from the THP community?
  18. esg777

Rapsodo Launch Monitor

I got Rapsodo launch monitor to get my distances dialed in. I saw someone at the range with it and I thought it was very cool. I was wondering who has one and how do they like it? Any tips to get optimal use out of the monitor
  19. esg777

Metro NY Golf Talk including NYC, North Jersey, Long Island, Westchester and Southern Ct

Hello, all my fellow Metro New Yorkers. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for this area. I am Covid Refugee moving from NYC to Westport, CT. I have played all over the Metro NY area from the Hamptons to courses in Ct. I think it would be really good to have a place where...
  20. esg777

For Sale 2019 Cobra Forged Tec Black Irons 5-GW, With Cobra connect

I am selling my 2019 Cobra Forged Tec black 5-GW. The shafts are Nippon Modus steel 130 gram stiff shafts, cut a 1/2 inch short. The lofts are bent 1 degree weak. The grips are Lamkin UTX Black midsize with Arccos sensors embedded in the grips. I am looking for $350 for the set. 567...
Back