Search results for query: *

1. Lions81

Is Rickie Back?

Has Made 6 of 7 Cuts. Has 3 Top 10s and an 11th. Clearly what he is working on with Butch is paying off. Is he really back this time after a rough few years?
  2. Lions81

Primland Resort - VA

Curious if any THP'ers have gone here? Played the course? Thoughts? Wife and I are considering a trip later this year. https://aubergeresorts.com/primland/
  3. Lions81

Broomstick Putters

Have you ever tried one? Adam Scott has had a ton of success with his, and Si Woo switched recently to one and just won the Sony, and it has greatly improved his putting. I believe Aaron Wise is also using one with much improved performance. If you tried one, and liked it, would you be...
  4. Lions81

Landscape Photography

My family has started to get into hiking a lot over the last few years and I absolutely love to see great pictures of cool places, so I figured let's get a thread going to see where THP'ers have been. Post your best scenic photos in here!
  5. Lions81

What Restaurant Do you Most Want to Open Near You?

Certain big cities have just about every conceivable restaurant, but most of us have been to a city and had something amazing and left feeling like man, I wish one of those would open near me. So Which restaurant is it for you? Can be any type of food, dessert included.
  6. Lions81

Golf Going to Slow Down Or Is This the New Normal?

The golf industry the last few years has been absolutely booming. Courses are packed, prices are up, more players seem to be getting into the game etc. It seemed like Covid really started this uptick, and I thought it would die down pretty quickly, but at least here in Michigan that is...
  7. Lions81

What's Worse: Raking or Shoveling?

OK people in colder climates: What is worse, raking leaves or shoveling snow? After a weekend of raking leaves non stop, I remembered how much I hate it. We have a massive amount of trees in/around my yard, and probably do ~100 bags per year. I have decided that raking is worse than shoveling...
  8. Lions81

Victory Cup - Pro Shop Contest

We want to thank everyone for following along with the Victory Cup later this week on the forum. As a group we decided we will offer a little extra incentive for you all. Post your guess for the below question and tie-breaker in this thread, and the winner will get a few cool items from the...
  9. Lions81

Presidents Cup: Try a Mixed Event?

Saw someone suggest this on Twitter. I think its a fascinating idea. The US wins every time with the current setup. However, a lot of the top female players would be internationals (8 of the top 10 in fact). What do you guys think? A good way to spice up this event? Or terrible idea and...
  10. Lions81

Do You Do Drills At the Range?

Just curious if you guys actually do drills at the range? Do you do them often or only when you are struggling with something? Never do them? Just view the range as a place to hit balls? I was doing some this morning and a few people looked at me like I had 3 heads or something. Made me...
  11. Lions81

Pick Your Golf Commentators

I am not a big fan of Azinger in the booth at all. Faldo while a little bit better imo is still not great. Johnny Miller had his moments but it was his time to hang them up. Who would you like to hear in the booth? Pick 2 people with the following requirements: 1 has to be a former (ish)...
  12. Lions81

Will Tiger Make the Cut at The Masters?

I think it's pretty clear he's going to play. Assuming he does, does he make the cut? Looks like the current odds are about 50/50 from the "experts" out in Las Vegas
  13. Lions81

PIP Results

Per Daniel Rapaport, here are the results from last year. Bubba in the top 10 is a shocker to me.
  14. Lions81

Bomb & Gouge Or More Strategic?

On most par 4s and par 5s, are you grabbing driver just about all the time and figure wherever it ends up we'll go from there? Or do you analyze the hole and try to figure out what is the smartest play for you? Does your mindset change between casual rounds and tournaments or events?
  15. Lions81

Brooks or Bryson: Who Wins Next Major First?

Let's talk about the "rivals." Who do you think wins their next major first, Brooks or Bryson, and why? Don't forget to vote in the poll!
  16. Lions81

The Short Par 3

I absolutely love a good, challenging, short par 3. Something I'd consider no more than an 8 iron, often a 9 or even a wedge. It seems like so many courses have par 3s that are all longer than that, often considerably so. If you play courses in that 6300-6600 range or longer I feel like all...
  17. Lions81

Who Makes The Leap This Year?

Could be someone that is a top player who turns into a real star (ie Morikawa & Cantlay from last year) or someone higher in the rankings that has a great year and moves way up. So who do you think makes the leap this year and why?
  18. Lions81

Scariest Bunker You've Seen

The Pros are at PGA West this week. I'm sure most have seen the bunker on #16 there, pictured below. Terrifying and can end your hole very quickly if you get in it. What is the scariest bunker you've seen on a course, or worse, been in? Post a picture if you have it!
  19. Lions81

In the Bag Now: Blade or Mallet?

Curious to see what the %'s are these days in THP'ers bags. Are you playing a blade or mallet at the moment? Why? In Between would probably be like the double wide. Don't forget to vote up top!
  20. Lions81

Hybrids: Love Em or Hate Em?

Hybrids are probably the most polarizing of all clubs. Do you love them or hate them? Why? Has your opinion changed over time or stayed the same?
Back