Search results for query: *

1. HarlettoScara

HarlettoScara and Browndog take on Royal Aberdeen

So this morning in about 10 mins, @Browndog and I are teeing off at Royal Aberdeen. A wee bit misty which I hope will burn off soon, playing from about 6,200 and I’ve negotiated 3 shots a side…. Let’s do this!
  2. HarlettoScara

HarlettoScara 2022 US Tour

The moment has finally arrived when the flights have been booked, the passport has been validated and the formal permissions from the better half have all been ratified and confirmed. It has been a long road with a number of false starts, flights booked and then cancelled, but with a lot of...
  3. HarlettoScara

Aiming the Driver - today's stupidest question!

OK, this might seem like a very very stupid question but it was something that I had a sudden and complete blank with at the range yesterday afternoon and had me questioning myself completely. How do you guys actually aim the driver? Now bear with me.... I took both my drivers (SZ Xtreme and...
  4. HarlettoScara

Scotland's courses able to open again on 29th May!

Well, we got the news last night that everyone up here was waiting for last night, Scottish Golf announced; "Following today’s announcement from First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, Scottish Golf is pleased to confirm that golf clubs in Scotland can begin to prepare for a return to golf on 29 May...
  5. HarlettoScara

What it was like caddying for Seve

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but I thought it was an excellent read. Really shows the mixture of genius and impossible personality that made Seve so great. www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/brilliance-blow-ups-and-unripened-bananas-when-billy-met-seve
  6. HarlettoScara

HarlettoScara’s Morgan Cup Setup

Well, with all the panic and chaos over the past wee while and the UK quickly going into complete lockdown, imagine my absolute joy to come home this evening to.....THIS
  7. HarlettoScara

Golfing with THPer Down Under

Well I’m finally back from 3 weeks down under which was a huge departure from the frozen North East of Scotland. Went over to surprise my best mate who moved there a year ago and had a blast! Hence my radio silence of late...! I had previously posted in here asking if there were any Brisbane...
  8. HarlettoScara

Ball Fitting

With a whole new bag of gear coming shortly, have decided it’s time to look more closely at the ball I’m playing. I was given a huge bag of old Pro Vs a while ago and have been steadily working my way through those without having tried any others. What does everyone recommend about getting fit...
  9. HarlettoScara

Anyone from Brisbane?

Morning all... Just wondering if we have anyone here from Brisbane at all? I'm flying out in a month's time for a fortnight to see my best friend who moved there from the UK with work last year. He doesn't know that I'm coming (arranged via his wife) and I'm hoping to get a few games in while...
  10. HarlettoScara

Driver Fitting - now have a quandry!

So, yesterday I had my first ever proper driver fitting. I play a G30 which I had a static fitting for when they were first released, so around 5 or 6 years ago, thereabouts. It's done me quite well but I've always thought I was maybe leaving something on the table. Usual carry was around the...
  11. HarlettoScara

Returning from the wilderness!

Hi again all, I've had a long break away from the game for a variety or reasons - studying, various life changes and career, but I missed it too much and I'm back. The clubs have been gently wiped clean, glove replaced and new shoes finally purchased. Joined a club for the first time in...
  12. HarlettoScara

WTB - Fubuki Alpha Shaft 60g in Stiff Flex

Just putting a couple of feelers out to see if anyone has one lying about that they fancy selling. I tried my friends G25 last night which had one of these in it and absolutely could not miss a fairway. Gained about 10 - 15 yards as well! I play a G25 in identical loft and shaft length (44")...
  13. HarlettoScara

Scottish Golfers?

Apologies if a thread like this exists already, I've had a scan and couldn't see one! I'm up in Aberdeen and was just gauging if there is any interest in maybe a group of Scottish THPers getting together possibly once a month or so at a different course just for the hell of it. Nothing serious...
  14. HarlettoScara

WTB - Ping G25 Driver

Hi all, just testing the water before I get the credit card out and buy new! Looking for a Ping G25 driver, 12 degrees with stiff shaft. Know it's a long shot, but worth a try! Am in the UK, happy to PayPal funds. Thanks for looking.
  15. HarlettoScara

Newbie from Aberdeen, Scotland

Hi all, Have lurked on the site for quite some time, and really enjoyed reading what people have to say and advice etc. Finally decided to take the plunge and join up and start participating a little more. Based up in the north of Scotland, so a wealth of lovely courses here. Currently low...
Back