HarlettoScara 2022 US Tour

HarlettoScara

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 WHS
The moment has finally arrived when the flights have been booked, the passport has been validated and the formal permissions from the better half have all been ratified and confirmed.

It has been a long road with a number of false starts, flights booked and then cancelled, but with a lot of laughs and friendships along the way, but hopefully with the travel opening up a little now it is on.

With that in mind, I can confirm it is officially happening! I'm keeping this very separate from the Morgan Cup thread, and will mostly be used for any updates, and keep everything in one place and let the MC thread be exactly that.

So without further ado....

For golfing and THP purposes, I will be arriving in San Diego on Saturday 30th September.

3rd October - provisionally heading to Cincinnati, but just waiting on a couple of things coming through there so to be advised.

5th October - down to Louisville KY to get together with @DataDude and @KY Golfer along with anyone else who happens to be fancying a game and a beer.

8th October - over to Houston and catching up with @Jmk202, @Bryndom and the rest of the crew there.

MC doesn't start until 14th October, so there are a few free days there so open to suggestions. Aware that there are likely to be a couple of practice rounds/extra rounds in play for the couple of days prior to the event so am leaving these slightly clear for now.

The only internal flight I've booked thus far is the Golden Triangle to Atlanta flight on Monday 17th October late afternoon, and then fly from Atlanta back to Aberdeen on Tuesday 18th. Just waiting for final bits and bobs to be finalised then I can book those as and when plans become more solid.

There had been so many people reach out, and I just wish that I could have added in half a dozen more stops along the way, however not just cost but also I want to get to the MC completely fresh and battle ready without having spent 3 weeks prior on planes, trains and automobiles!

I've not even looked at courses or the like as yet, but I have to bear in mind that I'm not going to be renting a car so the courses will have to be relatively accessible! Looking at booking accommodation next, but that can come once I figure out further logistics etc.

So there we have it.....the more the merrier, so anyone who wants to be involved, tee it up or have a steak and a beer just let me know and we'll make it happen.

Love this mate! So excited for this to finally happen for you, and really look forward to your whirlwind adventure here in the States!

Love this mate! So excited for this to finally happen for you, and really look forward to your whirlwind adventure here in the States!
Is going to be quite the adventure I think, will need a holiday upon my return :LOL:

Can't wait to meet you in person brother. I am really looking forward to it.

I'd say make your way up to MN during that time - but the weather is always questionable during October - though the courses are beautiful!

Anyways - excited that this is finally happening for you. It'll be a great follow!

I'd say make your way up to MN during that time - but the weather is always questionable during October - though the courses are beautiful!

Anyways - excited that this is finally happening for you. It'll be a great follow!
There were so many potential options, sadly I had to just go with the most straightforward I could manage. Would have turned into a spiders web otherwise and I would have bankrupted myself πŸ˜‚

So happy to see your plans taking shape. It’s been a long couple years of waiting but it’s going to happen.

There were so many potential options, sadly I had to just go with the most straightforward I could manage. Would have turned into a spiders web otherwise and I would have bankrupted myself πŸ˜‚
1000% agree! It'll be a great tour!

So happy to see your plans taking shape. It’s been a long couple years of waiting but it’s going to happen.
Finally happening, lots of different plans made but finally booked up. Can’t wait!

Enjoy your time in the states and with fellow THPers! Sounds like it'll be a blast!

If we weren't on vacation (holiday) I would have met you in Louisville for sure.

Finally happening, lots of different plans made but finally booked up. Can’t wait!

Can’t wait to follow your journey from Abedeen to Mississippi and points in between. Yes, it rhymes. :ROFLMAO:

Man that's a lot packed into that time. Are you planning on driving from place to place once you get here?

Man that's a lot packed into that time. Are you planning on driving from place to place once you get here?
No, having never driven in the US I’m just a bit cagy about it so decided to rely on the arial route for the majority of things. Hence the reason for it being mainly cities I’m heading to, will make getting around a lot easier I hope!

I can't wait to follow along with this. Not only golf, but all of the other stuff 'Merica has to offer should be pretty fun. Good idea to not overpack the trip though, you need to be fresh when we play team paradise for the trophy.

Love to finally see your US trip come together. You’ve been more patient than someone should ever have to be, I can’t wait to see how this unfolds in a few months!

As it gets closer I may look at the Houston meet up

I can't wait to follow along with this. Not only golf, but all of the other stuff 'Merica has to offer should be pretty fun. Good idea to not overpack the trip though, you need to be fresh when we play team paradise for the trophy.
Is going to blow my tiny mind, I know it is. And I can’t wait for that to happen!

As it gets closer I may look at the Houston meet up
That would be awesome my friend, if you’re available let’s make it happen.

Will be game ready and sharp ready for the main event, have no fear of that πŸ‘πŸ»

This is going to be such a fun follow. If you are in the Southeastern part of the United States...I would definitely make the time for a meet up & round of golf.

This just became my favorite thread! What a great follow this will be! Hopefully our paths will cross while your here(fingers and toes crossed for MC) but if they don't I know you are going to have a great time and I will be following your travels closely!

This is going to be such a fun follow. If you are in the Southeastern part of the United States...I would definitely make the time for a meet up & round of golf.
Watch this space, not everything is set in stone currently so it could be on the cards.

Watch this space, not everything is set in stone currently so it could be on the cards.
Oh you can bet I will be watching, not to mention I like to travel. :)

Back