Search results for query: *

1. UglySwing

Lead With the Right Elbow

For some time now, when I really get in a groove with my swing, especially long irons and driver, I can feel something I'm doing with my right arm/elbow in relation to my right hip. When I had an Orange Whip I would feel the same sensation. But, I couldn't isolate what it was that I was doing...
  2. UglySwing

The Round (or Moment) That Got You Hooked

I went out golfing 2-3 times over the last 15+ years because it was part of a bachelor party weekend. I enjoyed the drinking and camaraderie more than the actual golf... One day changed that. My wife made me go with her dad and his 2 golfing buddies. I had injured my left elbow, but didn't...
  3. UglySwing

Lower Back Injury...

Last Thu am I went to the range. I was mainly hitting my 3-iron. About 100-150 balls in, mid swing I get a bolt of electricity into my lower back. I barely made it to my car. Anyways, I herniated a disc (5mm herniation at L5/S1 disc) I missed two days of work (thankfully I had Sat and Sun to...
  4. UglySwing

Swing Aesthetics: How Much Does It Matter?

When I initially started golfing all I cared about was being able to hit the ball in the general direction of where I wanted it to go. Now, I find myself just as concerned with how my swing looks. I see some guys with beautiful strokes, and can't help but think to myself 'I want to be able to...
  5. UglySwing

George Gankas

Recently discovered this guy who it seems is getting pretty popular (especially with younger golfers in the LA area). I believe he's worked with a couple of Gretzky's kids, and his wife as well. But, I could care less about the celebrity endorsement stuff... He's actually got some really...
  6. UglySwing

WTS: Mizuno 850-Forged 4-GW

Purchased new in November 2014. I'm the original owner. 2* upright and 1/2" extended Normal bag chatter. Slight scuff on soul of 5-iron. Nothing effecting playability. These babies are my first set of irons and were well taken care of. KBS Tour 110 $375 shipped.
  7. UglySwing

Practicing Driver

I virtually never play driver off the deck during a round (and don't want to) but was wondering if practicing driver off the deck would be considered a good way to improve driver play off the tee, or is there little more than improved confidence to gain from it?
  8. UglySwing

Putting Stroke

I didn't know where to post this. It's for my putting stroke not my golf swing... I don't have a video, but I think it's a common problem that you might be able to understand simply by description (I hope): On my front stroke/follow through, my left arm/elbow tucks back a long my side, rather...
  9. UglySwing

Jack Nicklaus' Putting Style

Yesterday I saw footage of Nicklaus putting for the first time, and thought it was a joke. He's hunched over the ball, and very, very awkward looking. I never watched golf until the last couple of years, and had no idea that he putt like that. I was curious to try it out and did so over the...
  10. UglySwing

Your Golf Story (Keep It Short)

Delete Redundant.
  11. UglySwing

FS: Tour Striker 8 Iron

An excellent swing aid to help you work on forward shaft lean. In excellent (almost new) condition. $50 shipped. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. UglySwing

FS: GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition W/ Mounts For Golf Outings

I purchased this to record my swing, and golf outings when I go to new courses... However, I've only used it a few times. I left it on the tee box once, and now am afraid to take it with me. It was $400 new and I'm including a bunch of accessories. The chest harness is ok for golf; the tripod...
  13. UglySwing

FS: Arccos Golf

Excellent condition, and comes with extra replacement batteries. Barely used. PayPal Please. $190 shipped CONUS (or to B.C. for an extra $10) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. UglySwing

Ouch!!!

On the 10th hole, after we've teed off, the cart girl comes around. 3 of the 4 of us approach her to get a beer. The 4th duffed his tee shot, and is about 30-40 yards behind us. His ball went right of the cart path (the fairway is left). As I'm getting my money out of my bag, I'm surprised...
  15. UglySwing

Slicefixer

I recently heard about this book. I looked it up on YT, and came across a video of his (Geoff Jones) swing. It is an absolute thing of beauty. I can't normally even discern one nice swing from another, but his swing just looks so nice and smooth... I'd like to learn to release this way. I...
  16. UglySwing

Finish

I don't feel like I ever finish. I make contact...and I'm done like dinner. I don't have any new vid's...but since this has always been the same for me, I can post some vid's from last yr. How close am I to finishing properly in these vid's? Is this a common issue? Is it mechanical or...
  17. UglySwing

Looking At the Hole

With Spieth's emergence, there has been a lot of discussion on this recently...I imagine we will start seeing more and more people at least giving this a try. I actually tried this on the practice green for over an hour today. It is very frightening to do this initially. It feels like it would...
  18. UglySwing

Santa Barbara, CA

The family is away, so I had some extra time to play golf. I played Tierra Rejada (Moorpark, CA) on Sunday. -I live in Ventura, and we have some decent courses nearby that are very reasonable in cost. I love this course. Lots of really beautiful views, and challenging holes (especially on the...
  19. UglySwing

Golfcourse Owner Trying to Extort Homeowners

My in-laws have a nice condo in Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage actually) that backs up onto a pretty nice private course. They are the original owners (it's about 15-20 years old now). It is a weekend getaway pad for them, and not their principle residence. I was just over at their house this...
  20. UglySwing

Practicing With a Blade

I was at Golfsmith, and just for kicks, I picked up a blade (Mizuno MP-4, 6-iron) and hit some balls. I don't have the game to play a blade, but that was my first time hitting a blade and it was fun. I was actually hitting pretty nice balls, but when you didn't hit the sweet spot just right, it...
Back