UglySwing

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Recently discovered this guy who it seems is getting pretty popular (especially with younger golfers in the LA area).

I believe he's worked with a couple of Gretzky's kids, and his wife as well.

But, I could care less about the celebrity endorsement stuff...

He's actually got some really great info if you can follow along to his 15 second Instagram video's.

He's located about 45 minutes from me, and I'm going to take lessons from him. His students have great looking swings, and I really like his approach.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-9HYaCt5I/?taken-by=ggswingtips

Looks like he is really big on the short game and perfecting the game inside of 120 yards. Good luck with your journey and post on the progress, would love to see how it goes for you.

Seems like he is very easy to understand. Explains it in a way anyone can understand. Hope it works out for you.

Good luck with the lessons and keep us updated on how things go.

Guy seems super high energy. I don't know if I could keep up with him. haha

good luck with the lessons!

guy looks like an awesome teacher of the swing. Would love to work with someone like this.

Sounds super annoying and not patient enough for me

Well, I joined his membership site (it is the last day of the $150 rate).

I believe he's now charging $200-$300/hr for new clients, for in person lessons.

Im going to work on his stuff online first before I see him in person. There seems to be some basics that I know I'm going to have to work on (hip turn and leaving the club back behind you as you start the turn).

Id rather get some of that in place before I show up there and get told to work on that anyways.

I'll post my current swing here, and my swing as I'm progressing through his drills.

Good luck, I hope you and him work well together!

There is a 32 page and counting thead on him at another site and I highly recommend looking at it. Love him. It gets super annoying when Monte and this iteachglf guy chirp in on their 2 cents on how to do it and it just starts many arguments thru the thread when most of us could care less about their chirps. GG does not chime in.

Ggswingtips early Instagram posts were super informative because he spent the time explaining what he was trying to accomplish with the drill. Now, he mentions briefly what the goal is and then talks about early bird sign up.

Think he is switching the instruction talk over to his website now, but the IG posts months ago were art works

Got to figure out how to get my favorite GG posts on IG over to here.

This was almost identical to what I'm learning so I bought it.Kinda feel like it is a scam.If I don't see the basics (grip/posture/or even help on his forum) I'm going to ask for my money back.Also he only shows top junior golfers killing the ball.What about average guys like me on camera?

I like the video and George's energy and down-to-earthness (if that's a word). Good luck Uglyswing! Keep us updated on how it's going.

He is a good guy. One of the top junior instructors in the nation. But amazing with adults too. He is right down the street from me, but unfortunately a little out of my price range. Fun fact, he also works with Pete Rose's granddaughter.

GG seems like a superb teacher. I hope I can make it out there later this year or next year.

Never heard of this guy. I like his energy though.

Good luck on the lessons!

It's not a scam. All those at golfwrx who signed up and weren't happy were immediately refunded their money. Their complaint was the slowness of the updates. Evidently, the uploading of the videos is now getting better.

He's well on his way to being the pied piper of SCal golf. The young ones follow his melody and can they pound it. Have you seen his IG with DJ and most recently Matt Every?

Doobble squabble
https://www.instagram.com/p/8CBizWCt2g/

Recently discovered this guy who it seems is getting pretty popular (especially with younger golfers in the LA area).

I believe he's worked with a couple of Gretzky's kids, and his wife as well.

But, I could care less about the celebrity endorsement stuff...

He's actually got some really great info if you can follow along to his 15 second Instagram video's.

He's located about 45 minutes from me, and I'm going to take lessons from him. His students have great looking swings, and I really like his approach.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-9HYaCt5I/?taken-by=ggswingtips

Does anybody notice that the lie he is hitting on is on a upslope? Wouldnt that make contact easier than a even lie?

I've had at least 6 range sessions (300 balls today) since I joined.

Initially, as you'd expect, it was very difficult, and frustrating trying to get the hip rotation down (that's not the first thing he instructs you to learn, but it's what I wanted to start with).

My 2nd range session today I started to feel how easy it was to rotate the hips.
I've tried to learn how to do that for a long time, but could never do it without sliding.

Correction: I said I started with the hip rotation; I didn't. I started with the takeaway. But he makes the takeaway so easy to understand and do, that I was able to move on to the hip rotation stuff quickly.

Anyways...

I had started to pound the ball towards the end of my 2nd range session.

This evening I went back for my 3rd range session and immediately got that feel going, and I was absolutely pounding the ball.
Not a single hook all day. Accuracy was consistent (the most important thing to me).

Ive already got way more than what I paid from his site. I will stick with this stuff (takeaway and rotation) for a couple of weeks before I get to his 'wall' drill and then his release.

There's no scam. I think it comes down to your expectations.
His teaching schedule is apparently packed, and he's charging up to $300/hr. I wasn't expecting to get any of his time for what I paid. I just wanted the videos, and I wanted them to be organized so I could find what I was looking to work on.

All he does is show talented juniors.Its impressive watching them bomb it.But again,I'm thinking this is just a big ploy to sell.The site is barely worth $20/ let alone $180.Im sure golf is full of scam artists.This guy appears to be one of them.Hard for me to trust a guy that looks like he is Better at BMX than golf

Guys-Gals looking for guidance in his forum and he isn't even responding.He has 30 videos and most are him acting goofy and less than a minute.No explanations why or how

It's not a scam. All those at golfwrx who signed up and weren't happy were immediately refunded their money. Their complaint was the slowness of the updates. Evidently, the uploading of the videos is now getting better.

He's well on his way to being the pied piper of SCal golf. The young ones follow his melody and can they pound it. Have you seen his IG with DJ and most recently Matt Every?

Doobble squabble

It looks like there's enough info available for free on his IG account...but it would take forever to sort it all out so you could quickly find what you were looking for.

But, I think you're right about him sitting pretty to become the guy that young golfers are clamoring to learn from in SoCal. They probably love his style, and with some of his kids getting to a really high level, and his in with DJ, Every and the Gretzky's...

Doobble squabble

ok, I made the plunge to try his member site a few days ago. Sadly the material is very poorly done and literally makes no sense. Sent him numerous Facebook messages pleading for help and received no response. Just sent a private message to him demanding my money back immediately. Not sure what he is trying to pull here, but it isn't what I expected at all. Very very very disappointed and now quite angry

Again, I think his earlier IG posts were special because not only did he give his 15 sec of video, he would post an explanation of what he was trying to accomplish or how to do it. Not much now since he wants you to subscribe.

This kind of stuff is packed on his IG and the pied piper handed this out like candy.

ggswingtipsTo clear up the term body release for those who are questioning the term this should clear it up for you. You want to turn then throw late and throwing is just extending both arms to the Y position or post impact or 45 deg and this will create speed. If you want to learn to create more body rotation then never throw or extend arms and body will get wide open also body will have to drop to get to ball because of short rt arm and rt wrist and rt wrist can release with short arm if your trying to take out some angle of attack very optional . After drilling this if it is an issue then add the throw or the punch or the extension of the arms post impact exactly like any athletic motion to get the extra speed. If you never throw you'll be more like Hunter or Furyk not the longest but very accurate. Just don't throw at the ground unless you want an active club face and a body that's not opened*up

https://www.instagra...-by=ggswingtips

Looks like he/students never see the ball on the way down.They turn away and twist their heads targetward a right at the start of the downswing.That is impressive,how do they not miss the ball?Almost like Annika Sorenstem.How can us amateurs do that? Almost like a figure skater, they turn faster by keeping their arms close to the body

Looks like he/students never see the ball on the way down.They turn away and twist their heads targetward a right at the start of the downswing.That is impressive,how do they not miss the ball?Almost like Annika Sorenstem.How can us amateurs do that? Almost like a figure skater, they turn faster by keeping their arms close to the body
I'm not seeing that, in the video posted. Looks like his head stays looking towards the ball until impact.

I think his site was done by Gabe Writer which is unfortunate. However, I have no doubt this guy can teach golf. Though $300 an hour is excessive.

Back