Search results for query: *

1. NullNomad

Random thought on golf announcers

Since I've worked from home for years, I normally have some sort of background noise going on. Mostly the Golf Channel. Something struck a cord this morning when I heard one of the announcers say "oh that's just a flick into the green". I think the dude was about 155 out. For me and most...
  2. NullNomad

Club hoarders rejoice

I just wanted to raise a glass to the fellow club hoarders out there. My main gamers are in the shop being re-shafted from steel to graphite, but does that stop me? Hell no! I have my i25's, M4's, and even an old set of R7's I can put in the bag. So with that, fellow club hoarders cheers to you...
  3. NullNomad

Have you ever blown the bag up?

Right now I'm in a weird place with my game. Finally got myself down to where I'm shooting high 80s then BOOM, swing is gone. My iron game has absolutely fallen apart. What was once something I felt good about is failing me. Bad contact, loss of yardage, no confidence at all. I fully accept that...
  4. NullNomad

3w dialed up or 5w dialed down

So as I'm sitting in my office looking at my bag of spare clubs and my mind started to wander a bit. What this lead to was me wondering what would you do if you had adjustable 3w and 5w that could both be adjusted to 17*. Which would you game at that 17* setting?
  5. NullNomad

Re-shafting irons through Callaway direct?

Short backstory, due to recent physical issues I'm having to drop shaft weight, flex, and material. This is something I've been working on for a while and just now coming to grips with. Currently I play TT XP 95 S300 and have for a very long time. Through this most recent journey and testing...
  6. NullNomad

What does your police blotter show...

Figured this would be a fun way to add to the torture for those of us unable to play golf. I looked through the San Antonio police blotter to see how many golf related calls there were, so far I found six. How about your area?
  7. NullNomad

Louisville Golf Company

Has anyone ever done business with Louisville Golf Company? I was going through the garage this past weekend and came across several old random clubs that brought back great memories and it got me looking for a modern built persimmon driver. I came across these guys and what they have to offer...
  8. NullNomad

Drugs in golf clubs??

Well, just when I thought I'd seen it all when it comes to smuggling efforts... https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/cbp-officers-in-miami-find-cocaine-hidden-in-golf-club-shafts/2203475/
  9. NullNomad

Hot Wheels or Matchbox

Not too sure why this though popped into my head, but I'm wondering what THP has say. I'm a Hot Wheels guy myself.
  10. NullNomad

Half-Life: Alyx

Well it's not Half-Life 3, but I might just have to go out and buy a VR set up so I can play it. Anyone else excited to see the first bit of HL action in years pop up on the radar? Looks like it will be released march 2020.
  11. NullNomad

Wall mount garage door opener

I've always had the good ol fashioned overhead chain driven garage door opener. It's been given me fits and I've seen the wall mount direct drives showing up in my searches. Anyone have any experiences with these?
  12. NullNomad

Sandwich dilemma

This weekend I ordered a sandwich at the deli, had it sliced in half, as I always do. But when I sat down and ate it I realized that I always eat the right side first. That really bothered be as I can't really say that I noticed it in the past. It was just one of those things that clicked as I...
  13. NullNomad

Gotta ask or lets get it on!

So which kind of golfer are you? The kind who has to check with the significant other to tee it up or do you just slam down a "hell yes count me in" whenever asked to play a round.
  14. NullNomad

The Tiger of THP?

JB, the Tiger Woods of the THP Trophy System
  15. NullNomad

How do/did you get into the golf industry?

Like most of us, if you're currently not working in the golf industry, its such a seductive draw to figure out how to get into it. I find myself at a point in my life and career where I can seriously consider a change in that direction. No way could I make money playing, but I would love to be...
  16. NullNomad

Pet peeve on the course

This. Drives. Me. NUTS!!!!! For the love of all that is holy in this world, please rake the damn bunkers when you’re done!!!
  17. NullNomad

Loopers: The Caddie's Long Walk movie

Am I the only one really excited to watch this? https://www.loopersmovie.com
  18. NullNomad

The best sound in golf

I was deep in conversation with a few people on the course this morning and wanted to bring the debate to THP. For you, what's the greatest sound in golf? Is it the ball dropping into the cup? The crisp pure shot off the face of on iron? Or is the the crowd pleasing explosion of a bombing...
  19. NullNomad

WTB: Taylormade M4 RH Sand Wedge

As the title says, I'm looking for a Taylormade M4 RH Sand Wedge, if at all possible with a KBS Max 85 Reg Flex shaft. I've checked 2nd Swing and have seen a few on the bay, but I would like to keep it in THP house before I give any other online options a shot. Thanks in advance.
  20. NullNomad

Backpack vs messenger bag for laptops

So I'm in the market after several years of being on the messenger bag side of this conversation. To frame it up, what's best for a road warrior that would need to travel with a 15" laptop, tablet, and occasional change of clothes that can fit under an airplane seat? What say you THPers...
Back