Search results for query: *

1. provisional

Bass Fishing

Any bass fishing persons out there? That is my other pastime besides golf. I fish those really clear lakes in desert southwest, and have quite a bit of info I have developed over the past bunch of years. BTW I saw a thread on Jeeps. My hauling vehicle is a 1978 FJ-40 Toyota Landcruiser. It gets...
  2. provisional

Saw A 62 Today

I golfed with a "Montana Rancher" visiting Vegas today. He comes to Vegas twice a year he said, because he likes to golf here, and play black jack. Plus he said he, and his wife were looking for some warmer weather. The guy shot a legit 62, bumpy greens and all. 9 birdies, and 9 pars. It was...
  3. provisional

R&A Rulings

Golf News | Golfweek | European Tour to players: Know the rules Europe wants their players to know basic rules By DOUG FERGUSON Associated Press Posted: February 23, 2010 MARANA, Ariz. – Dustin Johnson had to call for a ruling on consecutive shots around the fifth green in the final round at...
  4. provisional

Accuracy

Are you more accurate when at the driving range when you are aiming at the guy in the moving caged cart picking up balls? Or, on the course trying to hit a green from 150?
  5. provisional

How Far & How Much

Easy question folks. How far would you travel for a golf get together with forum friends. What's your mileage limit? Also, how much would you be willing to pay for green fees? Motel rooms? Prizes? :question: For me it's more of a timing thing. If I have the time, I can make it happen. Golf...
  6. provisional

Las Vegas Golf Fest

I went to the golf fest today. I was able to take a few swings with some of the new drivers I have read about on this forum. Physically I was limited to how I swung the clubs, but they all seem to be able to get the job done. TaylorMade by far was the busiest of the group. (Cleveland, Titleist...
  7. provisional

Match Play

I find watching match play much less boring than stroke play. They are showing way more golf shots by the various competitors. The programming just seems to move a long a little quicker. The one on one, every hole is important, concept is what I like a bout it. No room for mistakes. I still have...
  8. provisional

The Sweet Spot

How large is the sweet spot of a golf club? :confused2:
  9. provisional

What Would You Ask?

I watched a GC segment this evening and of course the topics got around to when/where TW should make his return. But before he made his return he needed to sit before some golf journalists, and answer some questions about his personal ordeal. I assumed they meant Golf Channel (GC) journalists. I...
  10. provisional

Proud Grand Pa

My sophomore Grand Son made his varsity HS golf team. At 6'5" and 230lbs he has the long game. Very long. Hopefully his coach can teach him some short game feel around the greens. He used my Ironwoods to try out with. The set contains 12 irons, putter, and a 10.5 driver. He borrowed the set a...
  11. provisional

TW to Return?

"Multiple reports say Tiger Woods will end his 'indefinite' leave from the PGA Tour and return to action at the Accenture Match Play Championship in two weeks in Tucson, Ariz." So reports Mick Elliott a writer for Golf Fan House on AOL. He also goes on to say these reports are not...
  12. provisional

Don't Come To Vegas

President Obama made a speech some where today where he was telling folks that they had to tighten up their belts, and not buy things they could not afford. Apparently one of the things Americans can't afford are gambling trips to Vegas. So, at the President's request, please cancel any trips...
  13. provisional

Golf Equipment Stores

What might be some of the golf stores around the Anaheim CA area.? Say with in 10-15 miles of Disneyland. One those stores that has every conceivable golf item ever made. A really crowded store is what I am looking for. A "golf junky's" junk yard might be a better description. I sort remember...
  14. provisional

Tom Watson

Kudos to Tommy Watson. Good for him. :clapp: Freddy Couples: "I was 21 under par and didn't win a tournament," that hasn't happened to me too many times." Two great players:banana:
  15. provisional

A Good Story

Adam Van Houten given sportsmanship of the decade award for pointing out mistake in high school championship - ESPN Kudos to the young man. :clapp:
  16. provisional

Living Dangerously

So I am done with the 4 days of golf last night, and decided I need to go to my car to retrieve a cell phone. It was raining pretty good, and the parking lot was running water wet. A youngster driving too fast starts sliding out out of control towards me, I go to get out of his way, step up on a...
  17. provisional

Custom Score Cards

I am not much of a stats kind of guy. I keep score, and about the only other stat I might keep is what my first putts are (bogey, par, birdie, what ever) for, on each green. That said today I golfed with a guy today who had made his own score card. I have seen a lot custom score cards, but this...
  18. provisional

Anyone Playing This Ball Yet

Anyone played this ball yet? Is it legal? MG Tour C4 Urethane Ball only $19.99 per dozen!
  19. provisional

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

I just read another golf claim made by a component manufacturer that their new grip, because it is lighter, will increase distance, and accuracy. Wouldn't it be nice if the USGA had a division that anything golf related, with a particular claim of greatness attached to it, had to be tested...
  20. provisional

Good Reason Not To Golf

I found myself in a difficult situation yesterday. Early this week, I golf at a course "Desert Rose" where the greens are absolutely terrible. Little sprouts of grass causing a bumpy surface, and other areas that appear to be infected with fungus. What ever is wrong the putting surface is next...
Back