provisional

Could Care Less
Reaction score
Handicap
10+/-
My sophomore Grand Son made his varsity HS golf team. At 6'5" and 230lbs he has the long game. Very long. Hopefully his coach can teach him some short game feel around the greens. He used my Ironwoods to try out with. The set contains 12 irons, putter, and a 10.5 driver. He borrowed the set a couple of weeks ago. I guess according to his dad he was hitting the 2i, 230 yards, but a 15' chip would sometimes go 30 yards....lol. 3' putts were sometimes 10 footers. :bananadance: He shot 44/43/45/42 to make his team.

I guess we are going shopping this weekend, after a fitting at a couple of places.

He was playing football, but a knee injury ended that dream, so he is now going to be a golfer he says.......:clapp:

prov, i'm sure you're very proud. it'll be fun for you to watch how quickly he improves.

that's one big boy. we're about the same size and he's only a SOPHOMORE. i bet the football coach is hating this. keep us posted on his progression as a golfer and a young man.

kudos to you for being a positive influence in his life. some of us have never had the "grandpa" experience.

Re: Proud Grand Pa

That's great! Sounds like you're a wonderful influnce on his life. I hope that short game comes around for him. I'm about the same build and encounter the same difficulty.

Super cool right there prov! As a grandpa I know you must be on cloud nine, big time congrats to you.

Sounds like he needs to be a member on here to help learn and so we can all keep up with him :D

I bet you are a very proud grandpappy! Congrats to your family!

Nothing like grandkids to swell a guy's chest out. :D Congratulations!!!:banana:

Congrats to your grandson for making the team! And it's great you two have something to share.

Tough break on the knee injury. Good on him for going after the golf.

Kevin

Back