provisional

Could Care Less
Reaction score
Handicap
10+/-
Are you more accurate when at the driving range when you are aiming at the guy in the moving caged cart picking up balls? Or, on the course trying to hit a green from 150?

For me, it depends on what kind of day I'm having. Usually I can hit them straighter at the range than I can actually on the course, usually.

Are you more accurate when at the driving range when you are aiming at the guy in the moving caged cart picking up balls? Or, on the course trying to hit a green from 150?

I'm more accurate trying to hit a green from 150. I've done it before. I have yet to hit the dude picking up balls!

Greens! I couldn't even get close to hitting that guy today:angry:

I've hit the guy in the cart picking up golf balls a few times. And this was on accident!! :confused2:

For me, it depends on what kind of day I'm having. Usually I can hit them straighter at the range than I can actually on the course, usually.

I'm the same way, i wonder why that is? Maybe i get more nervous on the actual course?:confused2:

I'm the same way, i wonder why that is? Maybe i get more nervous on the actual course?:confused2:

Its also your thought process as well :) but yes, generally nerves play a part! We should do what Apollo Anton Ohno does before he skates: He Yawns (it allows more air into the lungs and it eases the nerves as well).

Its also your thought process as well :) but yes, generally nerves play a part! We should do what Apollo Anton Ohno does before he skates: He Yawns (it allows more air into the lungs and it eases the nerves as well).

Someone's been on the Yahoo! website today :act-up:

I'm more accurate hitting the greens. The only time I really have a slice is trying to hit the cart, pretty sure I'm swinging too hard.

Someone's been on the Yahoo! website today :act-up:

It was right on the front page, I couldn't resist :angel:

Definitely green at 150. The only time I hit the cart dude was on a super shank.

On a side note, I almost hit the drink cart chick on a par 3. Seems like I have better luck aiming at beer. :D

Sometimes I find that while it looks straighter on the range, it's really an optical illusion. Take that range, and then cut a 30 yd strip down the middle, and try to hit that every time. Thats why it seems that you're not hitting straight on the course. I tended to do this until I changed my mentality on the range...

Oh, and I'll hit the green much more often... in fact, i've never hit the cart guy, despite my best efforts! :angry:

the green at 150....

i find the cart guy extremely easy to hit. Probably due to experience.

Experience: Im always in the trees and the low screaming punch shot has turned into one of my specialties

Back