Search results for query: *

1. Drumdog

I got a new job !

I made an announcement here a few months ago that I retired after the company I worked at for 33 years decided to send all of our work to Mexico and closed our facility. Well, that retirement, or at least that complete retirement didn't last long. I have been playing golf at my "home course"...
  2. Drumdog

2022 just keeps on giving. . . .

2022 has to be one of the worst years for me in general and I can't wait for it to get over. So far. . . . 1. I have had 2 different cancer surgeries (skin and Prostate) and will have one more (different kind of skin cancer) on the 13th of December. 2. I was diagnosed with covid on the day of...
  3. Drumdog

My Independence Day (aka Retirement)

Well, the day has come. After today, I will be officially retired, at least for the summer. I started in this place back in 1990 when they built the building and Boeing moved in. I was the 45th employee hired and started as a "mechanic" in the union, building air ducts for all of the Boeing...
  4. Drumdog

Thank you Tour Edge Customer Service

I want to thank the CS people at Tour Edge for their quick response. While playing yesterday, I hit a drive on #6 and had a catastrophic failure with my C721 driver. The head snapped off right at the top of the hosel and flew about 40 yards away. The driver is 3 days away from being 1 year old...
  5. Drumdog

Ft. Myers golf ?

The wife and I are travelling to Ft. Myers Florida for a week of sorely needed vacation next month. We have never been to that area and are looking for some course recommendations. What say you THP? If it matters, I am a 6 hdcp and she is a 20. Thanks !
  6. Drumdog

Your thought of the day ?

We could always use a humorous or thought provoking quip. What's yours for the day? Here is mine for today. It is said that vegetarians live up to nine years longer than meat-eaters. Nine horrible, worthless, bacon-less years....
  7. Drumdog

For Sale THP Limited Series: Custom Putter Covers from EP

It really makes me sad to say this but I got my mallet cover the other day and unfortunately it does not fit on my original Taylormade Ghost Spider. As you can see from the photos below, I had to really push it on the putter and the cover is so small, the magnetic flap lock cannot be reached to...
  8. Drumdog

Off Course podcast

I really enjoy listening to the the Off Course podcast that THP puts out. Apparently Claude Harmon and Golf magazine enjoy it too, or at least they loved the name of it. They have announced this week in Golf magazine that they are partnering for a new podcast called "Off Course". Real original...
  9. Drumdog

WTB - 5 Wood

I want to experiment with carrying a 5 wood again. What have you got that's gathering dust? My wants.... Right handed 5 years or newer Not a ton of money....since this is an experiment. Thanks !
  10. Drumdog

North Idaho Must Play ?

Hey gang, I finally played a course in my area (within 2 hours) that has been on my radar but had not been there yet. It's called Galena Ridge Golf Course and is up in the mountains above Kellogg, Idaho. This is 40 minutes east of Coeur d'Alene on I-90. The course is only 9 holes but has...
  11. Drumdog

2nd lifetime HIO

Yesterday I made a comment on another thread about how I thought it was time to get my 2nd lifetime HIO after the first one 3 years ago. Little did I know how prophetic that commect would be. Less than 8 hours after I made that post, I did get my 2nd HIO on the 6th hole of my home course. It...
  12. Drumdog

Ordered Tour Edge for my wife

I ordered a combo set of hybrids and irons from Tour Edge last night for my wife. The Hot Launch C521 set should be coming in the next couple of days. She loves her Cobra driver and fairways, so she decided to stick with those. Does anyone here have any experience with or insight on this set?
  13. Drumdog

I can golf again !!

As most of you know, I had both knees replaced this winter. (right-10/28, left-12/9) I saw the surgeon this afternoon and he released me to play golf again! The snow has melted here and a couple of courses have opened up. I'm not sure if I will get to play, but at least I will find a driving...
  14. Drumdog

Tiger doesn't look good

Tiger didn't look very good in the interview with Jim Nantz. Maybe too many steroids for his back?
  15. Drumdog

I'm back !!

I've been off THP for a couple of weeks due to having my left knee replaced. I am happy to say that the surgeon said that while it was a tough surgery due to the sad shape of my knee, it was successful and I should make a full recovery. I have never felt that type of pain before. I have had...
  16. Drumdog

Show us your mask....and tips for doing so.

With masks being all the rage these days, what do you wear? (if you do)
  17. Drumdog

Work anniversary....yours ?

30 years ago today, I walked in the front door of this building. Little did I know I would be staying here this long. 3 more years and I will walk out and retire. How long have you worked at your job ?
  18. Drumdog

Smoke on the water

The wife and I went for a jet ski ride this weekend. But with all the smoke that blew in from the forest fires and the air quality turning "Hazardous", we only stayed out for an hour. This is my wife making her "high speed" run. ;)
  19. Drumdog

Rules question....

I played in a tournament this weekend and the group in front of us had an interesting event and I would like to know the proper resolution and penalties if any. Here is the event. Player A was on the tee box. Player B drove a cart off of the cart path and slighty forward of the tee box with...
Back