Search results for query: *

1. ZenGolfer

Equipment Companies - 2023 Edition - ONE WORD

TaylorMade - almost Titleist - Cadillac Bridgestone - ball Callaway - X Wilson - value Ping - offset Cleveland - faded Srixon - shiny Cobra - L4V Mizuno - forged Tour Edge - cult PXG - holes Honma - overpriced Edel - unknown
  2. ZenGolfer

Best Looking Non Big Name Game Improvement Irons

If he is a beginner, then a Wilson Deep Red box set might be the best way to start. They are available in both regular length and +1 if he is tall and needs a longer shaft length.
  3. ZenGolfer

Pros/Cons Golftec

Anyone here have some difficulty in going from an indoor simulator environment like Golftec to the golf course?
  4. ZenGolfer

#BagBattles - What’s your current battle?

7W vs 4 iron vs 60* wedge depending on the course
  5. ZenGolfer

What club are you sure you don't need but carry anyway?

9 iron. It’s odd, but I hardly ever seem to be in the 9 iron range to the flag. I use the 8 and PW fairly often though. Maybe it’s a mental thing.
  6. ZenGolfer

Shaft length of your driver?

45”. Any longer and dispersion increases too much for my swing
  7. ZenGolfer

White pants.

After 1977, I thought white pants was strictly a European thing. White belts too.
  8. ZenGolfer

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Tried the Vice Pro Soft. It has a lot of bite on the greens. It doesn’t have the same lively feel that a Pro V1 or Bridgestone 330 Rx has though.
  9. ZenGolfer

How do you clean your clubs?

Soft brush and water. Or just leave them outside when it rains.
  10. ZenGolfer

Lie Angle Fitting - What's Your Opinion

I thought the main point is to avoid dragging the heel or the toe through the turf.
  11. ZenGolfer

Ball Striking Improvement - GI or Forged/Blades

I like hitting blades, but using blades for practice can create some problems if you normally use GI or SGI irons. The sweet spot on blades is closer to the hosel than many GI irons. If your eye-hand coordination is ingrained with blades, then you might have some adjusting to do when you...
  12. ZenGolfer

How much is too much for a golf bag?

I try to keep it under $200
  13. ZenGolfer

Piece Together a Set of Used Clubs for Around $800 or Buy a Set for $800?

New clubs are rather expensive right now. Used clubs are a better value if you have a good source In your area.
  14. ZenGolfer

What type is your primary use golf bag?

I like my C130 stand bag with 14 dividers once I get it on the cart. But most often I use a 4 lb stand bag because it’s easier to get in and out of the car.
  15. ZenGolfer

Club Buying: Your biggest miss?

Cally Steelhead XR irons. For some reason I just couldn’t find the sweet spot on these. And that was after using blades as my previous set.
  16. ZenGolfer

Volvik Vista iV golf ball

I like orange golf balls. They are easier for me to see in the air and on the ground. But I like a ball that has tour quality spin. So, I was S.O.L. in the U.S.A. until this year, when Volvik started selling their Vista iV here in the states. I knew Volvik had a tour quality golf ball...LPGA...
  17. ZenGolfer

BEST Looking Irons....What's YOUR PICK??

Wilson Dynapower button back
  18. ZenGolfer

Ben Hogan gear at Wal-Mart

I noticed a full line of Ben Hogan shirts, shorts and long pants at my local walmart this week. There were about 8 or 10 styles of shorts and shirts for $16. Looked like pretty decent quality stuff. Has Callaway and Wal-Mart entered some deal on the Ben Hogan brand name? Or did Callaway sell...
  19. ZenGolfer

Cleveland Launcher 400 driver specs

I was recently given an old Cleveland Launcher 400 driver 9.5 deg. with the Cleveland Launcher Gold 55g shaft. The driver works well but the specs seemed a bit odd. I measured the driver weight at 315g, the length at 44.5 inches, but the swingweight at C4. I could not find any original specs...
Back