#BagBattles - What’s your current battle?

current situation - zero battling. strange.

C722 has knocked the Epic Max LS out of the bag.

7W vs 4 iron vs 60* wedge
depending on the course

I’m pondering the same. Waiting on the next Cobra release that may lead to new irons before settling.

White Hot 2 Ball blade that's been my buddy since, like way back (2005?) and an old Slazenger Kirk Currie copper LCP1 putter that I can't make a bad stroke with. So far the Currie is winning, it's almost automatic inside of 5 feet.:p

7W vs 4 iron vs 60* wedge
depending on the course

Very similar for me - 7w vs 5i vs 60* wedge - might compromise on a 58* and get rid of 60* and 56* (but I'm just having a new shaft in one of my 60*...) or just bin the 5i as I hit the 7w (3 clubs at 21*) better ATM. But then I've seen a great deal on a matching 4i which is tempting as well....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🏌️‍♂️

A

223 v T100S v TCB

Like I'm debating even starting this. I love my current driver, I'm hitting it great. Why did I buy a new one. 😕

Because it's fun?

Just added another driver to my shootout. Mav vs. Rogue ST Max vs. LE Black LTDx. Smells a lot like last year where the Mav held on, but we'll see. The LTDx is at a disadvantage as I've got a bunch of Callaway tipped shafts to dial the other two in. This is gonna be fun.

My bag battle this year was to see if I could get a full bag of clubs of the same OEM and be able to play my best golf with that bag. I purposefully picked Callaway, as Callaway and Cobra are my two favorite OEMs.

Thus far, I have not been able to make it happen, but today I have a bag that has 12 Callaway clubs and every single club was working well during a 2.5 hour practice session. The only thing not Callaway are two ZipCore wedges, one of which was custom ground for me and works so well that I feel like I need it as a crutch right now. The other thing that is fun about this setup is that it has at least something from all three THP experiences in which I have participated. A headcover from PGA National (Dream Foursome), two headcovers from the 2019 Morgan Cup and my shaft from the 2019 Small Batch experience. We will see what happens with this setup.

F78697BF-5D3B-45DC-9F49-C1198A1A6C2B.jpeg44BFF2D1-9D74-4620-B093-983456B6BD6A.jpeg7C5DDD4C-BD80-459D-A3FF-E34BA3A9B535.jpeg

Current bag battle that will get decided on the course not in the sim (currently all I can do). Courses should be opening up mid-late April if the weather holds. So far the only bag battle will be between the Rogue max LS and Titleist tsi4. In hard ponder mode to find a battle for my Titleist combo set but if I’m honest with myself there really is no need. If I do I will probably pick up a set of zx7’s, wish I wouldn’t have sold my set without giving them a chance against the T100S/T200 combo

Two new clubs entered the arena.

The battle is the Cobra LTDx Max fairway 3 wood vs King Tec 2 hybrid.

The club trying to butt into the bag is the Smart Sole S. Not sure if it takes the spot of the 58 or takes something out of the top of the bag course depending

Very similar for me - 7w vs 5i vs 60* wedge - might compromise on a 58* and get rid of 60* and 56* (but I'm just having a new shaft in one of my 60*...) or just bin the 5i as I hit the 7w (3 clubs at 21*) better ATM. But then I've seen a great deal on a matching 4i which is tempting as well....

A
4i is in the way... First world problems...

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Just waiting on Wilson to see how the irons play out the rest of the year...

20220522_113905.jpgearly returns, the SZ might be longer than the uw. :unsure:

Wedgapalooza lately. MG3, SM9, T22 and Snakebite black. Really wish I could get some Cobra raw wedges… but hopefully have this ordeal sorted out soon lol.

My bag battle this year was to see if I could get a full bag of clubs of the same OEM and be able to play my best golf with that bag. I purposefully picked Callaway, as Callaway and Cobra are my two favorite OEMs.

Thus far, I have not been able to make it happen, but today I have a bag that has 12 Callaway clubs and every single club was working well during a 2.5 hour practice session. The only thing not Callaway are two ZipCore wedges, one of which was custom ground for me and works so well that I feel like I need it as a crutch right now. The other thing that is fun about this setup is that it has at least something from all three THP experiences in which I have participated. A headcover from PGA National (Dream Foursome), two headcovers from the 2019 Morgan Cup and my shaft from the 2019 Small Batch experience. We will see what happens with this setup.

View attachment 9076348View attachment 9076349View attachment 9076350
I could easily play either Calloway or Cobra for a full bag.

Good luck!

Oh, and for me it's Mavrik driver vs Maltby KE4 and Tour Edge HL4 6i vs Tour Edge C522 6 hybrid.

It was a short lived battle but, 54* wedges.
Mizuno ES21 vs CBX Zipcore.
CBX Zipcore gets the spot based on better consistency and forgiveness.

To play a full bag of clubs or a partial bag of clubs! Sometimes too many clubs result in bad decision! :)

Back