Ben Hogan gear at Wal-Mart

ZenGolfer

Reaction score
I noticed a full line of Ben Hogan shirts, shorts and long pants at my local walmart this week. There were about 8 or 10 styles of shorts and shirts for $16. Looked like pretty decent quality stuff. Has Callaway and Wal-Mart entered some deal on the Ben Hogan brand name? Or did Callaway sell the Ben Hogan brand name for clothing?

They sold the Hogan brand to Perry Ellis, this thread makes my heart ache.

Ya I just saw them yesterday while shopping with the wifey.
The collars on the shirts seem kind of floppy and will most likely turn under but the material was nice. I may grab a few if they get some better colors in just to knock around in when it gets hot.

Was there a logo on them anywhere?

Will have to ck these out.
Don't go to Wat-Mart that often.

Perry Ellis has a lot of different golf brands including Hogan, Callaway and Grand slam plus others.

That's great that a golf brand will be a liable to so many. I do agree that the quality will most likely suffer a bit.

They sold the Hogan brand to Perry Ellis, this thread makes my heart ache.

I am reminded of the story from a Hogan book (his biography maybe) where he sold his club company to a Japanese company. The CEO of said firm travels to the US to meet Hogan and finalize the deal. Being Japanese he's obviously accustomed to their business culture. They are sitting at lunch and Hogan says "You just bought the family jewels, don't f**k it up."

Perry Ellis now owns the Ben Hogan Brand, purchasing it from Callaway last year. This is the initial offering of clothing items for Wallmart. Styles to be developed and marketed in Golf Galaxy and other golf retailers this year. New styles will be coming out with the possibility of other accessories. The folks at Perry Ellis are very aware of the jewel they have acquired and are determined to uphold the legacy as they roll out new items. I did see the items at Wallmart and liked the shirts, windbreakers, and long sleeves shirts. Some of the short sleeve shirts looked good with high tech styling and the logo on the sleeve as well as inside the collar. Will get some soon as the weather warms up.

Perry Ellis now owns the Ben Hogan Brand, purchasing it from Callaway last year. This is the initial offering of clothing items for Wallmart. Styles to be developed and marketed in Golf Galaxy and other golf retailers this year. New styles will be coming out with the possibility of other accessories. The folks at Perry Ellis are very aware of the jewel they have acquired and are determined to uphold the legacy as they roll out new items. I did see the items at Wallmart and liked the shirts, windbreakers, and long sleeves shirts. Some of the short sleeve shirts looked good with high tech styling and the logo on the sleeve as well as inside the collar. Will get some soon as the weather warms up.

That's quite the first post lol.. welcome to THP!

For what it's worth. It's good that some company takes over the line and keeps it alive than it falling off the face of the earth imho

For what it's worth. It's good that some company takes over the line and keeps it alive than it falling off the face of the earth imho

I agree, so long as they don't completely butcher the products. And from the early first impressions, it seems they still might be some decent quality stuff. The other golf brands Perry Ellis has are pretty good, so I expect nothing different from these. And it seems like a great price point, at least for the Wally World offerings.

Saw these today at my Walmart. Looked very nice IMO. We also had shorts and they seemed to be stylish and didn't have a cheap feel to them. Gonna have to buy one this year and test it out.

This thread makes me sad. Ben Hogan relegated to Wal-Mart. I think I would rather see the brand disappear.

Do you work for the Ben Hogan brand or Perry Ellis? This post seems to indicate that you do b/c it sounds like a press release.

Do you work for the Ben Hogan brand or Perry Ellis? This post seems to indicate that you do b/c it sounds like a press release.

It could just be his writing style.

Hogan sold to Perry Ellis? Wow, that sucks. I still had high hopes of Callaway bringing back a premium line of forged irons under the Hogan name. Really sad.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I'm certainly looking forward to the new designs and styles that will come in the future outside of Wally World, and I'm glad to hear that they are aware of the brand and heritage they acquired. P E has some beautiful clothes, I hope you get some clubs in the mix eventually.

I wish the logo on the sleeve was white or a different color

I wish the logo on the sleeve was white or a different color

Really? I like that it blends in with the color of the shirt. The brand looks really nice IMO, have around $130 in my cart on their website and deciding whether to pull the trigger or not. I'm not a huge fan of walmart or their products but $130 for 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, and 3 pairs of pants is hard to beat, assuming it's half decent quality.

Has anyone tried this stuff on? No walmart here in Germany so I'm wondering if it fits true to size.

Really? I like that it blends in with the color of the shirt. The brand looks really nice IMO, have around $130 in my cart on their website and deciding whether to pull the trigger or not. I'm not a huge fan of walmart or their products but $130 for 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, and 3 pairs of pants is hard to beat, assuming it's half decent quality.

Has anyone tried this stuff on? No walmart here in Germany so I'm wondering if it fits true to size.

Thinking about going today to try some on. I'll let you know about the sizing.

Went to my hometown Walmart today to try on the shirts and shorts, but they didn't have any out. The store I work at had them though, guess I'll have to buy them to check out how accurate the sizing is.

Back