Search results for query: *

1. Colt

Modern clubs and “forgiveness”.

Been looking at a new set of irons to move on from my 2013 X Forged iron set. They aren’t a constant detriment to my game or anything. But I did notice when hitting them against some newer offerings that they have aged a bit. Ball flight, ease of flighting or bending shots, distance...it isn’t...
  2. Colt

Great video to illustrate the difference between what you think you’re seeing and what your being told vs the reality of physics in the swing.

Stop trying to go “wide to narrow”. I learned this a long time ago and my club head speed went up drastically. But it’s always better to hear it from pros than random Joe on the interwebz.
  3. Colt

Back from the dead

Used to be heavily active here on the forum between 2011-2014. Did a little bit of testing and had a lot of fun discussing golf and even catching a gathering (where I let my nerves get the best of me and played an awful round, but still had a lot of fun). Anyways, trying to get back into the...
  4. Colt

Lamkin I-Line Sale

13 black Lamkin I-Line grips are selling for $29.99 while supplies last. The colored variations are going for $59.98 for 13 as well. Just follow this link. http://shop.lamkingrips.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=K101100 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Colt

Early Return.......

Well gentlemen, it was short lived and not a lot of fun, but guess who's already hopping on a plane back to the good ol' U.S of A. Somehow or another my past TBI's and the lasting damage that has occured from them was overlooked during my processing through SRC. Now I have been proclaimed unfit...
  6. Colt

Shortening irons a fix?

Pondering shortening my irons. I've been trying to stand away from the ball a little more to fix that "off the heel and every once in a while the hosel" contact. I was lining up with my arms very tight into my body and have since bent over a bit more and let my arms dangle freely. I still get...
  7. Colt

Is this normal?

Serious golfers use Tapatalk. Just wondering if this is normal or is my shaft kicking forward to soon in my swing? My ball flight is where I want it and goes as straight as I could hope for about 80% of the time. However, I'm thinking if my shaft is kicking forward too soon in my swing then I...
  8. Colt

Back to the target- To much of a good thing?

I know that I've seen many places to keep your back to the target longer to set an inside out swing path. My question is how long do you guys feel like you keep your back to the target through your swing? I realize that is physically impossible and that is only a "feel" thing, but I try my...
  9. Colt

Hitting into the sun.

I have developed a nasty mental flaw in my game and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've been hitting the ball like a champ here lately. The most solid iron and wedge play I've ever had. Driver isn't acting too bad either. The problem is this, and it just popped up suddenly and all...
  10. Colt

Pull up to increase club speed?

I read this in a Golf Magazine article by Brian Manzella. He said to increase club head speed and make better contact on iron shots you should feel like your trying to pull the shaft out of the club head just before contact. Doesn't this go against everything that has ever been taught about...
  11. Colt

Sponsorship "Fantasy Draft"

I thought it would be kind of neat to have a thread dedicated to what players people would like to see with which sponsors/brands. Good discussion would be why they think that those players would mesh well with the companies that they come up with, or just whatever reason they would like to see...
  12. Colt

FS: 588 CB's

For Sale are my 588 CB's. Don't want to sell but need computer for school and don't want to pull any more of my own money right now! Price is $450 shipped. Specs are +1* strong and +1.5* upright across the board. Shafts are PXi 6.0 at + 1/2". Grips are Boccieri Secret grips. Following are...
  13. Colt

FS: Diamana Ahina 70S

Real Diamana Ahina 70S. Shaft length is 43 5/8". Should play in between 45 1/4 to 45 1/2 in most drivers. Shaft is not tip trimmed and in pristine condition. One time pull by my personal club builder. Very OCD guy so it was pulled very clean w/ no scratching or scraping involved. Asking $150...
  14. Colt

Hosel boring on a driver?

Exactly what it sounds like. Is it discouraged to bore a .335 hosel in a driver out to .350 to fit a different shaft? I wanna drop a .350 Project X Black into my now .335 Cleveland Classic. I don't mind boring out the hosel as long as it's not one of those things that's HIGHLY discouraged...
  15. Colt

Nexbelt

Anybody on here seen or own a Nexbelt? Pretty cool concept if you go on their website. It fits in quarter inch increments instead of your standard 1" belts and has no real holes but still looks like a real belt. They have some pretty stylish designs and you can do custom orders. Kevin Na wears...
  16. Colt

Spin vs Launch Debate

Got to thinking about the whole high/low launch low/high spin arguments that I see all of the time between shaft snobs. Can anybody make a legitimate argument as to how a shaft can launch a ball higher and still knock off spin? Or launch a ball lower and still "spin too much"? I mean when you...
  17. Colt

Dragging vs releasing

I know that every swing requires a bit of both but do you predominantly make an effort to hold off and "drag" your clubs through impact or do you make an effort to really turn it over? Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.
  18. Colt

Black face drivers.

I really like the sleek look that the PVD finish gives the face of a lot of drivers nowadays. However, I get highly irritated with marks/scuffs on my woods. One sandy range ball I don't clean off well enough or catch just a smidge of earth when teeing the ball low and you've got these nasty...
  19. Colt

My swing sequence. Thoughts?

Thought I'd post on here my swing sequence. Give me any thoughts. Shot here is the high draw. My stock shot. Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.
  20. Colt

The Name Change Thread

Quite a few THP'ers have changed names on here recently. On more than one occasion I've read people saying that they didn't know somebody changed names or didn't even know who somebody was. I figured why not make a thread to let everyone know when we've made a name change and who we are to avoid...
Back