Search results for query: *

1. i-Guy

Finally found the right fit for my irons

Long story and some of it is my fault as I have gone back and forth between two swing types (Long flowing swing that produces a high fade vs short S&T type of swing) over the last 4-5 years. I literally could play 5 holes with one…change to the other and then back again. Crazy I know but at...
  2. i-Guy

Stack & Tilt - is it still around?

Coming back to the game after around a two year layoff and when I last played had been putting some time into the S&T and when I felt like I could execute I hit the ball straighter (with very good distance control) than I have ever in my life (used to always play a fade...slice when going...
  3. i-Guy

Acushnet For Sale

Here is the offical press release from Acushnet Company: Fairhaven, MA, December 8, 2010 – Acushnet Company today announced that the Board of Directors of its parent company, Fortune Brands, has approved in principle a separation of Fortune Brand’s three businesses in order to maximize...
  4. i-Guy

Labrum Tear

I have had problems with my shoulder for years but I always seem to be able to play golf and do normal day to day things without much problem...however, it has gotten progressively worse and this year it started causing me trouble sleeping etc... Well I went to the doctor last week and I have...
  5. i-Guy

Adidas AG Stand Bag

Back in June I started a thread to try and find a bag that would meet my needs (see below) and ended up with the Callaway FT Stand (Hybrid)Bag. Well needless to say this bag has not worked out for me :at-wits-end: and I ended up selling it to a buddy of mine...
  6. i-Guy

Which shaft fits in Srixon I-701 Tour irons???

I am interested in changing the shafts in my Srixon I-701 Tour irons...can anyone tell me which of the following shafts work with my irons: 1) .355 Tapered Tip or 2) .370 Parallel Tip And how can you tell the difference??? Also I have been fitted for one of the three following shafts and I...
  7. i-Guy

2009 Tampa City Men's Senior & Ladies Amateur Championship

2009 Tampa City Men's Senior & Ladies Amateur Championship Babe Zaharias Golf Course October 31st & November 1st I am planning to play in this tournament (Senior division) and was wondering if any other THP members were going to be playing as well...see the website at Babe Zaharias Golf...
  8. i-Guy

WITB big change...I have gone Srixon

I have made a big change for my WITB (see signature). I have to admit that even though I am working to lower my handicap playing Titleist blades has been a daunting task to say the least. So I have decided to go with a little more forgiving club in the :srixon: I-701 Tour. It still sets up...
  9. i-Guy

Srixon Z-TX Fairway woods

I found this information on a Japanese website…not sure if the USA version will look exactly like this but should be close. _________________________________________________________________ Srixon Japan introduces their all new Z-TX Fairway Wood. Srixon has increase feel and stability by...
  10. i-Guy

Most important aspect to improving at Golf?

I thought it would be interesting to create a poll and see what people thought was the most important aspect to improving at golf. I know the poll may not include everything but I tried to capture what I think are some of the possible answers...:cool: 1) Better Equipment 2) More Lessons 3)...
  11. i-Guy

Is a "Hybrid" golf bag for me???

The following is what I want out of a golf bag (and have yet been able to find): 1) Stand bag so I can take it to the driving range and practice area and it can stand on its own. 2) Good carrying harness that is easy to get into and out of if I decide to walk 18 with this bag. 3) Works good...
  12. i-Guy

Dynamic Gold versus Project X

I am currently playing DG X100's in my irons (see signature). My coach does not seem to think I have a problem swinging them and keeps telling me once my swing gets better they will be the right shafts for me. But they do feel "kind of" heavy from a weight stand point and from a feel stand...
  13. i-Guy

From the Sunshine State

Hi everyone and what a great looking site for discussing our passion GOLF!:golf: I am an 8 handicap and have played the game off (mostly off) and on since 2001. However, this past fall I decided to see how good I could get. I found a coach and started to set goals for myself. I would like to...
Back