Stack & Tilt - is it still around?

i-Guy

Reaction score
Handicap
???
Coming back to the game after around a two year layoff and when I last played had been putting some time into the S&T and when I felt like I could execute I hit the ball straighter (with very good distance control) than I have ever in my life (used to always play a fade...slice when going bad)...but I have not heard much about the S&T as I am getting back on the forums and was wondering if anyone is still gaming this swing method. And how is it going for you? I went out and hit 5 out of 9 greens on this par three course (USGA rated) with it the other day (swinging well) but then the next time I played struggled to find it...like I said it has been a while and I don't really have the time to hit balls any more.

Last edited:
Paging Mward....

Stack and Tilt has been used at the highest level (pga tour) so it can work. Like any 'method' or swing change, if you practice it enough you can probably get it to work for you. All comes down to getting the club on the ball consistently.

I dont think that true S&T really exists anymore but elements of S&T are used and taught.

I think they just came out with a new video series not to long ago.

Thanks. I have the original one and need to find it and watch it again...I really never went much further than the first disc as once I got the setup and idea down I was strippng the ball dead straight on a rope...shot my best 9 hole score ever (-2) back then. Might need to look for it this weekend while I am watching "The Open".

Back