Search results for query: *

1. GolfLivesMatter

Birdie Juice Preferences

What do you drink for birdie juice? I prefer Tequila and I bring lime slices.
  2. GolfLivesMatter

Who Plays Music While Playing Golf?

More and more carts have speakers now, and my cart has a speaker bar below the canopy with a Bluetooth connection. I was told that playing the "Four Tops" and "Bogey Nights" songs bothers others, but I'm curious if others like music while playing?
  3. GolfLivesMatter

Tucking the Hips

I was at the range yesterday with a couple guys and they practiced what Rob Cheney teaches in this video by employing a little over 1/2 swing 9 iron punch shots to get the feel. Once they got the movement somewhat correct both guys hit their 9 irons about 90% of the distance with punch shots vs...
  4. GolfLivesMatter

Best personalized golf balls

I've seen many strange / funny personalized golf balls. "WTF Was THAT?" "Don't Hosel Me Bro!!" "Please return to good player" Anyone else seen funny personalized balls?
  5. GolfLivesMatter

Skins Game Unfair?

Does it make sense to play off a low capper's handicap in a skins game? For example, assume a player has a PH of 13 is playing against another with a PH of 5. Is it fair for the higher capper to get 8 strokes, or play off the low capper, or should they play to their PH's?
  6. GolfLivesMatter

Knee / Pelvis Movement

I found this video (that many have probably seen) about knee movement of Pro's vs. Amateurs that is interesting. I've found I can easily get into a more straightened right knee at the top with a left knee "sag" which transfers weight to the inside of my left heel far too early at the top. The...
  7. GolfLivesMatter

Using the Lines on the Ball To Putt

Well THIS was an eye-opener regarding using the line on the ball. I wouldn't have expected to hear what these guys had to say about using the line on the ball to putt in this TM video. However, I do see many folks lining-up their putts then forgetting speed and losing some feel because they're...
  8. GolfLivesMatter

Driver Stance Width - What's the General Rule and Why?

I see all kinds of videos online about driver stance width. There's rules-of-thumb and then there's deviations from wider to ultra wide. What does a wider stance improve vs. a narrower stance? I see many long-drive guys with their left thigh tilted away from the target at impact. If I take a...
  9. GolfLivesMatter

Correct Tee Height - Are We Losing 20 or More Yards in DIstance?

I came across this video about tee height, launch angle, and face strike where the testing is done in a controlled setting, i.e. same guy hitting the same driver with varying tee heights and launch angles. It's pretty astonishing how the carry distance can wildly fluctuate with the same club...
  10. GolfLivesMatter

Faster Backswing = More Club Head Speed?

I came across the video below about how a faster backswing increases overall club head speed. The concept is if the hands are moving faster going back then on the down swing the club head has more stored energy on the down swing. Alternately, taking the club to the top and effectively...
  11. GolfLivesMatter

Driver Distance vs Irons

I got into an interesting discussion with several guys and a PGA instructor about the quest for more driver distance. It started off with one guy talking about wanting to increase driver distance by 30 more yards on average. He drives the ball around 220 now. Another guy agreed with him, and...
  12. GolfLivesMatter

What One Thing Would You Pick to be Expert At in Golf

A group of us were at the 19th hole yesterday and someone asked the topic question. There were six of us at the table. Here's what each said. One said putting because if he could putt like the best pro ever, the game would be far easier because not landing near the pin would not as much of...
  13. GolfLivesMatter

Course Management vs. Same Ol Same Ol

I have a buddy who continues to struggle with the driver and irons up to the 6 iron. He's a 24-ish hcp, and playing appropriate tees which means he should have an average of a 7 iron yardage approach shot (7 iron for him) on par 4's. That said, his 7 iron shots are unpredictable. Being a...
  14. GolfLivesMatter

Range Vs. Course

I'm curious as to how many folks can transfer their "range swing" to the course. Some say they cannot practice their range swing on the course, and others respond "well, if that's the case then what swing are you employing on the course?". Some say as they approach the 1st tee, whatever swing...
  15. GolfLivesMatter

Right Side vs. Left Side Dominance

I found this video to be one of the best videos in terms of explaining the physics of the golf swing. After seeing his demonstration of the left and right side swing arcs, and after he reviewed dominant vs. supporting roles, the following dawned on me: My swing was more right side dominant. I...
  16. GolfLivesMatter

Single Plane Swing - Simplified Biomechanics?

The below video has over 400k views which means people are assessing the single plane option. I've heard of this before so it's not new to me, but I also never tried it either. So yesterday I experimented out on the course for 27 holes to replicate actual playing conditions, mindset, etc. The...
  17. GolfLivesMatter

Bad Habits vs. Good Habits

Why does it seem like we can learn bad habits and retain them far easier than learning and retaining good habits in the golf swing? How many times have we taken lessons and hit the ball very well, which likely corrected some bad habits, then a day later the good habits evaporated? How many...
  18. GolfLivesMatter

What Happens From One Day to the Next?

Can someone explain the phenomenon (for lack of a better term) of going out one day and having a great round, maybe 4-5 strokes lower than normal, hitting fairways and greens, then the next day imploding to appear like you're a beginner? Do these wild swings happen to others? It's so maddening.
  19. GolfLivesMatter

Tension Upon Tension

I just so happened to meet a guy at the 19th hole who is a sports PT and Yoga instructor. We got to talking about the golf swing and why I have good days, then things go to crap. On top of that we discussed pains in the neck, mid-back, lower back, plus loss of club head speed. After about 10...
  20. GolfLivesMatter

Who is Now Working Remotely in the Future?

Obviously a lot of businesses have had to re-think the workplace location given the virus. I'm wondering how many folks are now remotely working and as such might be planning to move to possibly a lower-cost area given the newfound freedom? And how many are taking calls on #5 and trying to...
Back