Search results for query: *

1. FatChance

Recommendation for low/mid-priced launch monitor

I am looking for a low/mid-priced launch monitor. I recently got a Darkspeed Max driver with a couple shafts I want to try and new Cleveland Zipcore XL irons and Smart Sole Full Face wedges I want to gap. I plan on mostly doing range testing, simulators are interesting, but not a big deal for me...
  2. FatChance

Best way to store golf balls

I have recently bought about thirteen dozen 4A and 5A lightly used Callaway Supersoft yellow golf balls that were well discounted for Black Friday sales. Is there a preferred way to store them or just put them in a box in my garage and not worry about it?
  3. FatChance

Your favorite wild game?

When I was pretty young and started hunting with my first .22 up in Minnesota, I loved fried squirrel. And after getting my first 20ga SxS shotgun when I was 13, I loved the way my mother cooked pheasant and ruffed grouse. Later, venison and elk were at the top of my list. But about 15 years...
  4. FatChance

I found these at a second hand store

This morning I dropped off some donations to a second hand store near our home that supports our local dog rescue. I went to the sporting goods section in back and found a Ping Kushin putter, a Ping Eye 2 orange dot 2i-PW iron set, a Ping Eye blue dot SW, and a Ping IST-K LW. All had their...
  5. FatChance

We haven't had a Corvette thread in a while

After 7 Porsches over the years, I have just purchased my first Corvette this week. My new to me Corvette is a 2006 base C6 targa/hardtop, 400hp LS2, 6sp auto w/paddle shift, 3LT option package, Victory Yellow exterior, Titanium interior, factory stock, unmodified, clean Carfax, 38k miles (just...
  6. FatChance

Christmas leftovers

I cooked an Alton Brown recipe Turkey dinner on Christmas Eve (and a ribeye roast last Sunday). Today, I finished off most of the leftover turkey with a wonderful turkey pot pie. Yum!
  7. FatChance

Sorrow

What a sad day...
  8. FatChance

Food from the garden

Like most Saturday mornings, my wife went out yesterday looking for garage sales. She usually gets good stuff but she did great this time. She got a healthy potted jalapeno chili plant with about 15 chilis and a lot of buds starting to produce more peppers for $5. We transplanted it in the...
  9. FatChance

Effect of mortgage/rent forbearance on the real estate market?

The only downside I currently see to the booming real estate market is the end of covid mortgage and rental forebearance coming soon. This will apply to single family occupied homes and rentals that have had rent payment forebearance and the tenants will doubtfully be able to pay. Unpaid...
  10. FatChance

New wildfire in Cornville

A new wildfire started in Cornville and Page Springs, between Sedona and Cottonwood, about noon today, already over 1000 acres burned last report. Structures lost, more homes threatened, evacuations underway and the Page Springs wineries are immediately threatened. I just watched some big slurry...
  11. FatChance

Ecco Biom Cool Pro

I have always been an Adidas 360 Boost fan, both the XT and XT SL. I also like my Puma Ignite NXT Disc shoes, but I recently got a pair of Ecco Biom Cool Pros and they are by far the most comfortable spikeless golf shoes I have ever worn. They are waterproof but very cool here in Arizona. Love...
  12. FatChance

Paid FMLA leave after shoulder surgery?

First, this is not a hobby, but there are a lot of smart people here. I have to get orthoscopic surgery to fix two torn rotator cuff tendons that will require 6 weeks of my shoulder being immobilized and in pain. Should this qualify my wife to get paid FMLA leave from the hospital, where she is...
  13. FatChance

Washing a structured golf hat?

My wife bought me a nice structured Black Clover golf hat at the Boulders CC in Carefree, AZ. I really like it but prefer unstructured hats. If I wash it, will the "structuring" loosen up or ruin it? I usually wash my golf hats in the washing machine and air dry them with good results. Any...
  14. FatChance

Pursuing a private home sale without real estate agents?

We have found a home on a golf course in Arizona that we are interested in to live in and it is not currently listed. We are very familiar with the local market. The motivated owner of his rental property is a lawyer that we met in a social setting and we are considering doing a private cash...
  15. FatChance

FS: Cobra Ultralight Cart Bag

PRICE LOWERED. I am selling my like-new Cobra Ultralight cart bag. I got it this summer and it has had very light use (about 6 rounds). Selling because my wife got me a different bag for an anniversary gift a couple weeks ago. Black/yellow/red. Includes rain hood. No rips, abrasions, stains...
  16. FatChance

Bad Birdie

Even though I am getting old, I like fun golf clothes. I recently saw a guy golfing in Sedona and said I liked his golf shirt and he told me about Bad Birdie. I love the non-traditional graphics and the fabric is great. Their stock availability is kind of low right now but the web sites says it...
  17. FatChance

Regripping an adjustable shaft with GP MCC +4

I am going to regrip my F9 woods that have adjustable shafts with Golf Pride MCC +4 (non-align) grips. When you do that, do you install them in the std-std position or your current settings, even if those may change? I am still playing around with my settings (mostly +1 draw right now) but that...
  18. FatChance

Replacement strap for Garmin Approach X40?

My wife has a Garmin Approach X40 golf/fitness GPS watch. It has worked well since she got it a year ago but the strap (buckle side) broke. Garmin has a replacement for the other half of the strap but not the buckle side. We ordered a silicone replacement strap from Amazon but the buckle side...
  19. FatChance

FJ Flex or Puma Ignite NXT?

I am looking for a lightweight spike-less shoe for the first time but am a couple hours from the nearest store with any selection to shop at. I really like the look of the white/red/blue FJ Flex, but the fanboy support for the NXT (lace style undecided, but probably in the grey colorway) is very...
  20. FatChance

Callaway Heavenwood - Best generation?

I have read most of the threads on the Callaway Heavenwood clubs. They seem to get universally high praise. For those who have or have had a Heavenwood, which generation do you think is best? Usually, clubs get better with each new generation, at least if you listen to the manufacturers. It...
Back