Search results for query: *

1. JaxHax

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi

This was my initial reaction as well.
  2. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Long time, no post. Hope everyone is doing well. Lots of pesky life stuff getting in the way of my golf world lately. My game has gone of the rails as a result. I'll try to get to the range this week and see if I can begin to repair it. Last attempt to play was pretty ugly. 107. Weird stuff...
  3. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Welp. After several rounds coming un from 89-95 I went out and shot 107. Golf is still hard, folks.
  4. JaxHax

Nashville Hot Chicken

I'm a fan of Gus's. Lots of locations spread about these days. http://gusfriedchicken.com/ Not to tough to make yourself at home if you already know how to make decent fried chicken. Spice up your batter and your buttermilk bath bath till it turns hot enough.
  5. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Been busy myself. Hit the range last night and got some decent long club work in and tried to dial in my newly reshafted gap wedge. Mixed results, but overall I feel decent about shooting mid to low nineties again soon. Gap wedge full swing may be a bit too close to PW distance now with the...
  6. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

I'd take that number from the long tees at this stage, personally, What was the total yardage from "the tips?'
  7. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

I think you're probably right and I'd even suggest it may even help "maintain lag" just a tiny bit more on the downswing.
  8. JaxHax

Mizuno JPX 921 Irons

Gear lust in full effect.
  9. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

When I decided to get "serious" about improving a year and a half ago, I was instructed on a neutral interlock grip. Although I'm struggling with a tendency to revert to a strong grip, the neutral grip gives me added power and distance when I execute with it properly. (I also find it helps me...
  10. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

I'm visiting family in SW FL to help out on a couple of projects since I'm still unable to work under C-19 restrictions. Due to my location - I played a little rural course that was basically mowed cow pasture in the fairways but it had decent greens. Shot a 94. Couldn't find a couple of...
  11. JaxHax

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Scored some new spikeless shoes today and grabbed a box of the TM tour response balls.
  12. JaxHax

What is your favorite vehicle you have owned?

When I was a kid I mowed lawns for about 18 months to scrape together enough to go halfzies with my Dad on a dirt-bike. That gently used 1982 Honda XR-80 brought me more joy at 12 yrs old than any vehicle has since then.
  13. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

I'm also reevaluating the top of my bag. My 3W is money off the tee. Less so off the deck. Because of that I carry a 2H at 17 degrees for long approaches. But I find it a bit too unforgiving and I want to basically replace everything in my bag between 3W and 6 Iron. Still trying to figure...
  14. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Got 18 in today on a course I've never played. Chose to challenge myself a bit and play the 6400 yd tees. 50 on the front after a cold start, no warmup. 44 on the back as things rounded into form a bit. The 3W felt so good on the 10th tee that I was inspired to pull driver on a few holes on...
  15. JaxHax

Lamkin Sonar Tour Wear?

I've had the Sonar "Wrap" on most of my irons since last summer and they've been fine for me. Got at least 40 rounds on them and they're looking good.
  16. JaxHax

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid

I carry a 2H and have been considering a newer model as mine has some years on it. Curious to see how folks feel about this one as this thread plays out a bit.
  17. JaxHax

The "rushed" feeling.

I play better with time to deliberate an extra 5-10 seconds here and there. Not every shot, not every hole, but here and there. It may be reading a putt or stepping away from a tee shot to reset my grip or alignment occasionally. But, given those opportunities, I tend to benefit. If I...
  18. JaxHax

Do you take the break out?

Uphill or flat within 5 feet I'll power thru the break fairly often. Otherwise, I'll try to pace it.
  19. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Progress still being made. Played a local course yesterday that measured 6100 yds from the mid tees and shot an 89. (40/49) It's both my best ever score and lowest nine-hole total. Primary difference in this round from the more recent 95 and 99 was short game. I put a lot of pitches and chips...
  20. JaxHax

Trying to Break 100

Interesting development in my game. The lesson I took a few weeks ago has settled and it's paying off. Iron ball-striking was the issue and I've nearly eliminated the shanks and hooks from my game. The past two rounds have been sub-100 and featured exactly one shank per round. A few fatted...
Back